What Is Gxp?

10 replies to this topic

#1 KaDargo

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

And whats it used for? Is it worth the exchange of XP or whatever you use?

#2 Mr Steik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUk

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

GXP is General experience points. It can be used on any mech unlike the mech XP. It is also used to buy the module unlocks. You earn GXP at 2.5% of any XP earned afaik.

Using MC to exchange it from mech XP to GXP is a good idea if you;re trying to max out 3 variants but only really like playing/investing in one mech.

#3 Kaiz

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

It's General EXP (GXP), a separate pool of EXP that takes ~5% of your Mech EXP gained each match. You can either use it to purchase upgrades in the Mech Tree or unlock Modules in the Pilot Tree (you can only unlock Modules using GXP, so most people save GXP for that).

Otherwise, you'd use GXP to unlock something in the Mech Tree like you normally would. For example if you earn 15,000 EXP on a single mech variant and you want to start working up to Elite, you should have roughly 750 GXP (15,000 * 5%). You could immediately unlock Cool Run on your new variant. You can either select to unlock upgrades with Mech EXP or with General EXP (if you have enough GXP).

If you have money to burn and you just want to fast track it to Master variants, then sure, I guess it might be worth it for you to exchange EXP for GXP.

#4 The Mecha Streisand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Let me follow this up. IF I buy the Master/Elite skills with XP/GXP, then sell that mech, then later get ANOTHER of that same mech, will those still be there, or will I have to earn/buy them AGAIN?

#5 Kaiz

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

I haven't tested this personally but from what other people have been saying on the forums, you keep all unlocks/EXP on mech variants even if you sell them and rebuy them later on.

#6 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

Experience and Efficiencies are bond to the particular mech variants, not specific vehicles you own. If you had mastered the mech variant, you experience for that variant is permanent and will persist regarless how many times you sell and rebuy the given mech.

#7 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

I'd save GXP to unlock (put "future useful" here) modules only.

Converting exp to gxp is a waste of MCs (imho of course) as well as using it to unlock basics or other skills unless you're really really full of GXP, but that's hard. Atm I have 12500 gxp, and I've played slighlty more than 500 matches.

Using GXP to unlock skill trees would be fair if you could override the "own three variants of the same mech" thing. Like I buy a single variant and I don't find of any use "exping" the other 2 necessary to unlock the skill tree, but this can't happen so.. it's useless.

#8 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

View Post30plusRAbbi, on 15 November 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

Let me follow this up. IF I buy the Master/Elite skills with XP/GXP, then sell that mech, then later get ANOTHER of that same mech, will those still be there, or will I have to earn/buy them AGAIN?

If you sell a mech, then later repurchase the same mech all of your previous unlocks will be there on that mech. This only applies to identical variants.

So, if you had an HBK-4SP which you ran all the way to master, then sold it, and then later repurchased another -4SP your unlocks would return. If you sold it and bought a -4J , then only the unlocks (if any) associated with that variant (-4J) (that you unlocked previously) would be available.

GXP will be used for more things: module unlocks, pilot skill trees (see dev blogs on "Role Warfare"), and maybe additional stuff as well. I would suggest only spending GXP on modules at this time and saving up the rest. Only use Mech XP for mech unlocks. Since there are no more resets, when they add sexy-time things like UAV drones and the like you will want your stack of GXP to be nice and fat.

Edited by Bagheera, 16 November 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#9 The Mecha Streisand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Understood. Thanks!

#10 PafTheMagicDragon

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

According to my experiences, there's one exception. If you buy a variant same as one of your trial mechs, and unlock efficiencies, those will not have any effect on the trial. Kinda odd :huh:

#11 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

View Post30plusRAbbi, on 15 November 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

Yes if you sell a mech, then buy the same one back at a later date all mech XP and unlocks you had will still be there.

I have done this, so I could confirm it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users