Make The Premade Teams Visible

173 replies to this topic

#1 Cordy Ceps

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

Hello everyone

Regarding the premade pugstomp discussion, Id like to make a simple suggestion for starters:

Make the premades recognizeable! Mark the players with a small L1 (for lance 1) and L2 in the players list before battle.

This way, the other team can see that theyre not against uncoordinated pugs BEFORE they lost 5 mechs to focus fire. The better pugs will be able to adapt their tactics.

Also, Im really upset about these games, where you just seem to have no chance , no matter what you do. Personally, Id like to know, if its my and my teams fault or are there really pure pug teams facing 4 and 4+4 man premades.

Because this problem needs to be solved. There are times, where you lose 8 of 10 games as a pug. This cannot be enjoyable experince. Id like to know for sure, if its to my lack of personal skill and there are as many 4-mans landing in my team as in the enemy team, or is there truly a (grave) matchmaking imbalance towards premades.

Another thing id like to add; a comparison to WoT:

In WoT, you have 15vs15 battles. The max amount of players in a premade platoon is THREE.
Three out of fifteen.
Here, its 4 out of eight. Think the rest for yourselves.

And, please, no "Its your fault for not teaming up"- posts. Ive been in several Clans till now, didnt enjoy it.
My RL friends are not into MMOs. Thats it

Edited by Cordy Ceps, 04 February 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#2 Ilwrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

View PostCordy Ceps, on 04 February 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Hello everyone

Regarding the premade pugstomp discussion, Id like to make a simple suggestion for starters:

Make the premades recognizeable! Mark the players with a small L1 (for lance 1) and L2 in the players list before battle.

They cannot do that because then we could all see just how happy the matchmaker is about putting 1-2 premades on one team and pure pubs on the other. People would alt+F4 all over the place.

Besides, the devs think information is bad for us. No damage log and removal of population counter proves this.

#3 Cordy Ceps

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

Hm, whats the difference between ppl leaving after seeing the premade team, or ppl leaving after being stomped the fourth time in a row? Because if things are like you see them, then ppl GET pugstomped four times in a row.
Seeing the premade would at least improve the PUGs chances to win.

On the other side, if the premades are really equally distributed, the whining will quit. Then there are just bad premades vs good premades responsible for getting stomped.

Edited by Cordy Ceps, 04 February 2013 - 06:49 AM.

#4 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostCordy Ceps, on 04 February 2013 - 06:46 AM, said:

Hm, whats the difference between ppl leaving after seeing the premade team, or ppl leaving after being stomped the fourth time in a row?

This is a free to pay game. They need a population to keep the big spenders happy because the big spenders need target practise. It is better for the game that the meat stays for 4 rounds before they kill the game process because if not the 4 man que would end up as the 8 man que. The cheese premades would not stand playing only against other cheese premades, just look at the 8 man que, and the game dies.

There is still naive pub players out there that has not understood just how rigged the matchmaker is. If these players could see it for themselves they may stop playing. At least until a real matchmaker is in place.

#5 Broceratops

• 1,903 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

this will probably lead to less QQ so sure why not.

#6 Cordy Ceps

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

View PostIlwrath, on 04 February 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

This is a free to pay game. They need a population to keep the big spenders happy because the big spenders need target practise. It is better for the game that the meat stays for 4 rounds before they kill the game process because if not the 4 man que would end up as the 8 man que. The cheese premades would not stand playing only against other cheese premades, just look at the 8 man que, and the game dies.

There is still naive pub players out there that has not understood just how rigged the matchmaker is. If these players could see it for themselves they may stop playing. At least until a real matchmaker is in place.

I dont see the connection between spenders and premades. Im a spender myself, dont know how big in comparison to others, but I am. Yet, I pug only.
Thats not WoT, where you have to have premium to open premades. (Which is a small price)

Also, seeing enemy teams, premades and the mechs they play IS part of a "real" MM IMAO.

Edited by Cordy Ceps, 04 February 2013 - 06:58 AM.

#7 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

Yes please. make us Premades visible in the after action report. i would like to know for sure when i get stomped by a fellow premade or a good bunch of PUGs!

#8 Bguk

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

Always wanted this. Perhaps put this in the Suggestions sub forum

View PostCordy Ceps, on 04 February 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

I dont see the connection between spenders and premades. Im a spender myself, dont know how big in comparison to others, but I am. Yet, I pug only.
Thats not WoT, where you have to have premium to open premades. (Which is a small price)

Also, seeing enemy teams, premades and the mechs they play IS part of a "real" MM IMAO.

He's one of those who wants to perpetuate the stereotype. For clarification: Not you Cordy, the one you replied to.

Edited by Bguk, 04 February 2013 - 06:59 AM.

#9 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

View PostBguk, on 04 February 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

He's one of those who wants to perpetuate the stereotype. For clarification: Not you Cordy, the one you replied to.

I do think that the premaders are more likely to spend cash on this game. Much more than people that run solo and get smacked around by the "matchmaker".

Don't you think so too?

#10 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Maybe a good idea, there will be more transparency for the players if they see who is in a 4 man group. But, perhaps there will be also an outrcry in the community if they see how many premades are stumping around.... and some casual gamers will tend to leave a match if they see premades in the other team. :D

#11 w0rm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 February 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

i would like to know for sure when i get stomped by a fellow premade or a good bunch of PUGs!

Indeed. Those PUGs would be good recruiting material.

#12 Bguk

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

View PostIlwrath, on 04 February 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

I do think that the premaders are more likely to spend cash on this game. Much more than people that run solo and get smacked around by the "matchmaker".

Don't you think so too?

I don't think that at all. What I do think is you believe every time you lose, it's due to a premade.

#13 Tarantoga

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

too busy building hero mechs

#14 Cordy Ceps

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostIlwrath, on 04 February 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

Don't you think so too?

I cant find any evidence for this.
In this game, donating is for those, who want to save time. (Even hero mechs farm faster)

Premades, on the other side, farm well fast due to their success, thats why I think that PUGs need to donate more then premades. At least, thats what I do.

Again, pure IMAO.

Edited by Cordy Ceps, 04 February 2013 - 07:08 AM.

#15 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostBguk, on 04 February 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

I don't think that at all. What I do think is you believe every time you lose, it's due to a premade.

How strange.

And I don't believe that. Very often its because I get people on my team that simply cannot do any damage.
Sometimes I even mess up all by myself but that don't happen very often.

What I do believe, strongly, is that the matchmaker like to put pure pubs on one team. Often against at least one premade on the other side. That is not impossible to beat but depends on the quality of the premade and the quality of the pure pub team.

#16 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

I don't think this would do anything beneficial. In fact, it would just encourage more divisiveness in the player population. I would rather they just improve the matchmaker to balance the skill of the teams as evenly as possible.

#17 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

View PostCordy Ceps, on 04 February 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

I cant find any evidence for this.
In this game, donating is for those, who want to save time. (Even hero mechs farm faster)

Premades, on the other side, farms fast due to their success, thats why I think that PUGs need to donate more then premades. At least, thats what I do.

Again, pure IMAO.

People that has a bad experience is less likely to spend cash. You cannot really buy success in this game (and that is good).
Lots of the premaders think the matching is just as it should be and spend cash on hero mechs and what not. I think.

#18 Cordy Ceps

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

View PostNRP, on 04 February 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

I don't think this would do anything beneficial. In fact, it would just encourage more divisiveness in the player population. I would rather they just improve the matchmaker to balance the skill of the teams as evenly as possible.

My experience from WoT is that the average personal skill among your team is balanced because of the number of games you play.

There are games, where your team is MUCH worse - you cant do a thing and you lose.
And games where your team is MUCH better - you win, but not because of you.
If you play enough games, the W/L rate from these will equal ONE!

Then there are games, where the teams are roughly equal - thats where YOUR skill matters, this are the most fun games. This is where good solo W/L rates are created.

But this only counts for personal skill.
What i want to know, if this relation is disturbed by premades being preferred by the MM.

Edited by Cordy Ceps, 04 February 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#19 Valleye

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 96 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWindsor, ON CANADA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

Knowing that an enemy is a pre-made should be not allowed. Unless the enemy announces something you have to discover it yourself. You dont have access to their coms for a reason.

Maybe if they wear the same colours like many teams do. Otherwise figure it out yourself.

I would like however to be able to tag mechs (friend or foe) with colours so that I can work with my team to know who is who and command better. THis still requires me to figure things out but then I have reminders for the rest of the game.

I could use this to pair up PUGs easier and they often respond to this type of leadership. Ya know this cent work with that stalker, etc. Of highlight Gamma for priority blah bla blah.

V.

#20 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

View PostCordy Ceps, on 04 February 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Hello everyone

This way, the other team can see that theyre not against uncoordinated pugs BEFORE they lost 5 mechs to focus fire. The better pugs will be able to adapt their tactics.

Also, Im really upset about these games, where you just seem to have no chance , no matter what you do. Personally, Id like to know, if its my and my teams fault or are there really pure pug teams facing 4 and 4+4 man premades.

Because this problem needs to be solved. There are times, where you lose 8 of 10 games as a pug. This cannot be enjoyable experince. Id like to know for sure, if its to my lack of personal skill and there are as many 4-mans landing in my team as in the enemy team, or is there truly a (grave) matchmaking imbalance towards premades.

Another thing id like to add; a comparison to WoT:

In WoT, you have 15vs15 battles. The max amount of players in a premade platoon is THREE.
Three out of fifteen.
Here, its 4 out of eight. Think the rest for yourselves.

And, please, no "Its your fault for not teaming up"- posts. Ive been in several Clans till now, didnt enjoy it.
My RL friends are not into MMOs. Thats it

No because you would have entire teams dropping. WAY to easy to exploit. Just like people who used to suicide rush in trials instead of playing out the game.

After the game would be fine, but before or during the games would be a terrible idea.

Edited by Yokaiko, 04 February 2013 - 07:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users