[Mechbuild] Hbk-4Sp, Tetsubo

5 replies to this topic

#1 Hida Kisada

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

So after having played around with builds on this thing for awhile I think I've finally come up with one I'm really enjoying, but i'd still like to hear your guys' thoughts and bounce something off of you.

54 firepower
3 Med Laser
1 Larger Laser
2 SRMx6 + Artemis

1.09 Heat Efficiency
14 DHS,
200 Std Engine
320/338 armor
Endo-Steel
4 tons ammo

Might not be the fastest mech in the world but this build packs a mean punch, on the approach pouring all lasers into them and at a comfortable distance putting full SRM blasts into people is incredibly satisfying, heat can be managed well if you need by simply firing one of the laser types instead of both and in smaller city type areas you really shine with your huge short range alpha.

My only concern is the low top speed (the stock 200 feels slow) so i'm wondering how reasonable it is to upgrade to an XL 260 - you'd lose 2 DHS but you stay above 1.0 heat efficiency dropping them. I haven't seen anything talking about internal HS on the engines so i'm not sure how much would change to put an XL 260 in, you might actually have better heat efficiency going that route. I know some people don't like them but i have a feeling the large speed boost would negate the propensity for dying by losing torso. Thoughts?

#2 Cstriker

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

On the 4SP when I was running Large laser and 3x Mediums, I used a standard 220 engine. If you are set on XL260, its better to do it on the 4SP then any other Hunch model as it lacks the SHOOT ME HERE! sign. That shoot me here sign mixed with an XL is a death trap...though a 4H with XL that looses its gauss or AC20 is useless anyways...maybe it is good to have an XL and end the match early.

Either way, with the 4SP, I would stick with standard engind as it alows you to zombie longer too if they are only hitting your sides.

#3 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

Like Cstriker said you could comfortably move up to a STD 220. Eventually once you get speed tweak that puts you at a comfortable 76.6 KPH. Your build is solid and honestly it comes down to play style. I like in your face brawling so speed is an important factor as I have to get in close range fast. I roll with 4 ML and a STD 250. With that I don't run near as hot as you but if your heat management is good it doesn't really matter.

#4 The Librarian

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

I run a very similar build on my Centurion CN9-AL.

1 Large Laser
3xMedium lasers
2 SRM 6s ( 3 tons of Ammo)

304 armor
AMS
12 Double Heatsinks (1.01 HE)

And here's the big difference, 250 Standard Engine. Runs at 81 KPH (nearly 88 with speed tweak)

It runs hot. but the damage and speed really helps to mitigate that. You can hit hard and get where you need to go.

#5 Hida Kisada

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

So looking at my options some more it looks like i might be able to work in a significantly larger laser with some tweaks. Swapping to a pair of SSRM 2 and dropping 2 tons of ammo gives me an extra 7 tons of engine space. Might be worth doing just to have an alternate light hunting version. Could work up to the full 260 if i swapped out the large laser in favor of more ML or MPL, but i really do like having that 1 large =P

Thoughts on that? The general word is that it's not worth an XL and i think i'll trust that community wisdom. How worth it is losing some firepower for a better engine though?

#6 Hida Kisada

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

So just tried out the new speed version of my Tetsubo and pulled down top dmg at 514ish with a couple kills and it was a blast to pilot. Here's the new loadout.

35 Firepower
2 Med Laser
1 Med Pulse Laser
1 Large Laser
2 SSRMx2
2 tons ammo

1.13 Heat Efficiency
14 DHS
260 STD Engine
Endo Steel

You might not have quite the same alpha you get from the previous version with the SSRMs replacing the SRM 6's but the speed you gain is very nice. If you'd like to feel quick, and still pack a nice punch, this seems like a fairly solid way to go. was moving at a solid 90.4 KPH (i do have speed tweak) and it let me avoid dmg very well - loved the ability to circle people and chase down lights i had with this setup, plus the streaks make lights cry, which is satisfying as well. If you'd like to give the Speed Hunchie a try this might be worth takin a look at.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users