What Will Be Thee Jagermech Build?

11 replies to this topic

#1 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

While we do not know the final statistics of the jagermech, how will people here build there quadruple beast know as the jagermech?

this is, to be honest, my favorite upcoming mech ;)

Here is what i builded so far with Mechbay=

Oerlikon. Basicly my little QUAD AC/2 surpressive fire Gausscat hunting heavy

Spoiler

Bofors. A quadruple AC/5
Spoiler

#2 Revorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Dreams would come true with thouse Loadouts. ;)

#3 Armaneth

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

My own Jager build is almost identical to your first with the quad AC/2s, but I dropped a ton of ammo to upgrade the small lasers to mediums. I would also have the AC/2s split up into groups 1 and 2, both on chainfire, and fire them in such a way that that they don't shoot two at the same time.The mediums would be on group 3, and only used for close combat.

#4 Squarefox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

I think you will not can fit 2 AC2 + 3 Double Heat Sinks in an arm, due the accuators. 2 Slots will be locked at minimum. So you can only use 2 AC2 + 2 Double Heat Sinks. You can fit the Heat Sinks in the side torsos although.

#5 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

With the levels of armor you are running, I think you're going to be a free kill.

You're not fast, and you're not well armored.

That'd be passable if you had heavy alpha damage that didn't require you to constantly expose your mech to fire.

Just looking at your specs, I see a slow mech with poor armor that has to expose itself for long durations to do effective DPS.

Where is the advantage?

#6 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

I wonder whether, with XL engine, it would be possible to build a JM to carry one gauss and 3 AC/2.
Since it has neither lower arm nor hand actuators, it should be possible to fit one gauss and one AC/2 in the same arm.

Also I'm thinking about a JM carrying one AC/20 and 2 AC/2.
(one AC/2 less because this build would require more heat sinks.)

I think though that most people will take the JM6-A first, it's simply more flexible with (at least) 2 hardpoints of each type.
A build with 2 AC/10, 2 SSRM2 and 2 MPL might be great.

I'm also sure we will see dual gauss JM's and less gaussapults, because in the arms, the gauss might be slightly faster to aim (which can make all the difference for a sniper.)

#7 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

View PostVechs, on 19 November 2012 - 04:18 AM, said:

With the levels of armor you are running, I think you're going to be a free kill.

You're not fast, and you're not well armored.

That'd be passable if you had heavy alpha damage that didn't require you to constantly expose your mech to fire.

Just looking at your specs, I see a slow mech with poor armor that has to expose itself for long durations to do effective DPS.

Where is the advantage?

I already made some modifications for that. Decreased weight by a ton, and used it for additional armor.

And it will be loads of fun for me. Thats the most important

I dont wanna be an alpha strike ***** like half the MWO players are right now with Dual gauss/ac20 cats

#8 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

View Posttheta123, on 19 November 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

I dont wanna be an alpha strike ***** like half the MWO players are right now with Dual gauss/ac20 cats

So not wanting to be exposed for long durations to do effective DPS when you have a cockpit that's easy to alpha makes you a *****?

I'm not a Guasscat driver, personally I like running an Atlas RS with 1 Guass and 4 PPCs for a 55 damage alpha. And when I looked at your armor totals, and thought about what would happen if you took a 55 damage hit, I concluded that you'll be crippled in one shot, if not outright destroyed.

By all means, do what is fun, but I'm just trying to warn you that you're going to be taken out very quickly, either by another sniper, or by any mech that gets close to you. The Jaggermech, being that slow, and with that wide front area, will be very easy to just dump damage into. Just a fair warning.

#9 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

The minute I saw the Jagermech released the first thing I did was open a 'Mech editor and mount 4x AC/5's. Beyond the dual gauss builds I imagine the quad AC/2 and AC/5 will be among the most popular at least initially before people begin to explore further possible builds.

#10 Armaneth

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Here's what I've got after using the Mechlab program:

Spoiler

While not heavy in the alpha strike department, the main goal of this build is suppression. Imagine having 8 AC rounds hitting your mech every second, with screen shake, from across the whole map. I would not expose myself in this mech by any means to the fire from an Atlas AS7-RS, not with the ridiculous energy heavy builds I've seen lately. The lack of heatsinks probably means this build will run quite hot in continuous fire, so it may require a slightly downgraded engine to slot more. I might be persuaded to consider an XL engine in this, since if I lose my arms my firepower is mostly gone anyway, and that would allow me to add in more heatsinks, and likely have a higher speed.

Though honestly all I want to do is see how ridiculous chain firing two groups of AC/2s together sounds.

#11 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

Amaneth, I think you will need more ammo than that.
Also I would mount pulse lasers, because so far behind your mates you will have problems with light mechs, if not in a premade with some guard.

#12 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostArmaneth, on 19 November 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Here's what I've got after using the Mechlab program:

Spoiler

While not heavy in the alpha strike department, the main goal of this build is suppression. Imagine having 8 AC rounds hitting your mech every second, with screen shake, from across the whole map. I would not expose myself in this mech by any means to the fire from an Atlas AS7-RS, not with the ridiculous energy heavy builds I've seen lately. The lack of heatsinks probably means this build will run quite hot in continuous fire, so it may require a slightly downgraded engine to slot more. I might be persuaded to consider an XL engine in this, since if I lose my arms my firepower is mostly gone anyway, and that would allow me to add in more heatsinks, and likely have a higher speed.

Though honestly all I want to do is see how ridiculous chain firing two groups of AC/2s together sounds.

Not bad, but you really are gonna need more ammo. At your current quad setting, you will deplete your ammo fast
I say drop the engine rating a bit, and add an extra ton or 2. It will still be insufficient tough. 6 tonnes is the least i am gonna mount on my Jagermech.

View PostVechs, on 19 November 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

So not wanting to be exposed for long durations to do effective DPS when you have a cockpit that's easy to alpha makes you a *****?

I'm not a Guasscat driver, personally I like running an Atlas RS with 1 Guass and 4 PPCs for a 55 damage alpha. And when I looked at your armor totals, and thought about what would happen if you took a 55 damage hit, I concluded that you'll be crippled in one shot, if not outright destroyed.

By all means, do what is fun, but I'm just trying to warn you that you're going to be taken out very quickly, either by another sniper, or by any mech that gets close to you. The Jaggermech, being that slow, and with that wide front area, will be very easy to just dump damage into. Just a fair warning.

I appreciate your concern and i also like your atlas build, but this game is not made around alpha strikes.

First of all, i play with ALOT of caution. And i already know many spots in all the current maps where i can place my jagermech with only its arms sticking out, ready to provide supressive fire

Surpressive fire is my goal with my jagermech with 4xAC/2. And my targets will be gausscat alpha striking peeps who IMO, ruin the game. I like your atlas build because with 4x PPC, you deal with insane heat. But with a duall gausscat you dont. And i would love to see them sniping me when i deliver 8 shots a second of AC/2

Will i get my *** kicked? most likely

Edited by theta123, 20 November 2012 - 12:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users