House Davion vs House Liao

155 replies to this topic

#1 Ross486

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

I am starting this thread to see what the people of the Capellan Confederation think of the Federated Suns. And also i want to see the opinions of the Federated Suns on the Capellan Confederation. Also post about your House and what makes it great to you and why you're fighting for them.

#2 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

St. Ives will crush both of them. St. Ives is great because it's scrappy. House Allard-Liao has it together and they treat their people right while resisting foreign invasion and indoctrination. We won't be another Tikonov.

#3 Ross486

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

I chose House Davion because i wanted to be part of one of the great military powerhouses of the Inner Sphere. I actually can respect both houses because when i first started reading about Battletech i actually liked the Capellan Confederation in the lore and books. I thought about joining them as my side on here but my other brother Robert9670 joined up with you Capellans so i wanted to be different.

#4 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

Oh man - I can't wait for the recruiting pitch Adridos is about to throw at you

#5 FACEman Peck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationB.F.E.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

What House Liao? Oh, isn't that house a smoking crater after a nice bout with Davion?

#6 Volturnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 294 posts
  • LocationInternational Waters

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Yeah, we're not fans of the warmongering Davions.

#7 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Despite being as much of a Liao Fan-boy that I am, I sincerly respect the Davies... my only problem with them is that they are IMO portraied as the good guys too often. While the Capellans (aka the true good guys) are too often villianized.

That being said, I choose the CapCon because they are so defiantly awesome. You bully us, push us around, beat us down.... But we ALWAYS get back up.

#8 Ross486

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostListless Nomad, on 29 April 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Don't worry i am not giving up on my commitment to House Davion since i joined the 1st Robinson Rangers.

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 29 April 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

Despite being as much of a Liao Fan-boy that I am, I sincerly respect the Davies... my only problem with them is that they are IMO portraied as the good guys too often. While the Capellans (aka the true good guys) are too often villianized. That being said, I choose the CapCon because they are so defiantly awesome. You bully us, push us around, beat us down.... But we ALWAYS get back up.

This makes you a worthy enemy then in that we can beat you down but you still manage to find a way to get back up and fight.

#9 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

Why I'm not a Draconis Combine warrior:
I always had a thing for bushido and the japanese way of life. But what the Kuritans did to it is nothing but a perversion of what it once has been. So the Draconis Combine flew out of the window.

Why I'm not a Lyran Commonwealth Pilot:
Big is better? We are rich? Excellent merchants? Sorry, no! They sold themself out to the davions and gained nearly nothing for it in return.

Why I'm not a Free World League Mechjockey:
To much infighting and no clear structure. For me this looked like a good house to play a Merc to fight only for the various faction within this single nation. But in the end, it was nothing I could associate with, if I had to look past its borders.

Why I dispise the Federated Suns:
The are the military powerhouse of the inner sphere. They are pictured as the only nation that has nothing but good intentions, while in fact they are bullys. They use their strength to force their will upon others. Diplomacy is done only to further strengthen the own goals. While the Federeated Commonwealth seems like an alliance of equals at first, it is clearly dominated by the Davion side when you look closer. Instead of using its strength to negotiate peace with others it is used to invade them. It is the most aggressive house in the inner sphere, while pretending to be the most peacefull.

Why I love to the Capellan Confederation:
We are the underdogs. We have the smallest military force in the inner sphere. Despite that, we are able to hold of the behemoth that is the Federated Suns. We are highly skilled and very well trained and use our brain as a weapon like no other nation.
We welcome anyone into our nation, if he is willing to adept to our lifestyle and earn his citizenship. Because of that we have lost a lot to treachery. We had our share of insane leaders, as any other nation had. Only ours were more recent and therefor more prominent in the minds of all. Our citizens are fanaticaly loyal to their nation, because whatever they have to give to their nation, to earn their citizenship, will be returned in many different ways. No other nation can match our health and educational system.
Our people are our nation and our nation is our people. Even our mentaly unstable leaders knew that and acted accordingly.

#10 Ross486

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostEgomane, on 29 April 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

Why I'm not a Draconis Combine warrior: I always had a thing for bushido and the japanese way of life. But what the Kuritans did to it is nothing but a perversion of what it once has been. So the Draconis Combine flew out of the window. Why I'm not a Lyran Commonwealth Pilot: Big is better? We are rich? Excellent merchants? Sorry, no! They sold themself out to the davions and gained nearly nothing for it in return. Why I'm not a Free World League Mechjockey: To much infighting and no clear structure. For me this looked like a good house to play a Merc to fight only for the various faction within this single nation. But in the end, it was nothing I could associate with, if I had to look past its borders. Why I dispise the Federated Suns: The are the military powerhouse of the inner sphere. They are pictured as the only nation that has nothing but good intentions, while in fact they are bullys. They use their strength to force their will upon others. Diplomacy is done only to further strengthen the own goals. While the Federeated Commonwealth seems like an alliance of equals at first, it is clearly dominated by the Davion side when you look closer. Instead of using its strength to negotiate peace with others it is used to invade them. It is the most aggressive house in the inner sphere, while pretending to be the most peacefull. Why I love to the Capellan Confederation: We are the underdogs. We have the smallest military force in the inner sphere. Despite that, we are able to hold of the behemoth that is the Federated Suns. We are highly skilled and very well trained and use our brain as a weapon like no other nation. We welcome anyone into our nation, if he is willing to adept to our lifestyle and earn his citizenship. Because of that we have lost a lot to treachery. We had our share of insane leaders, as any other nation had. Only ours were more recent and therefor more prominent in the minds of all. Our citizens are fanaticaly loyal to their nation, because whatever they have to give to their nation, to earn their citizenship, will be returned in many different ways. No other nation can match our health and educational system. Our people are our nation and our nation is our people. Even our mentaly unstable leaders knew that and acted accordingly.

In other words the other Houses were too mainstream <_< .

#11 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

Aaaand the Capellean Confederation Armed Force is the less streamlined of all Successor States militaries, which means they have the most interesting unit names and insignias. Not to speak of the Warrior Houses and Death Commandos. And they will get the Arcade Rangers in some years.

#12 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 29 April 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

Aaaand the Capellean Confederation Armed Force is the less streamlined of all Successor States militaries, which means they have the most interesting unit names and insignias. Not to speak of the Warrior Houses and Death Commandos. And they will get the Arcade Rangers in some years.

I love the Arcade Rangers!!!

#13 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostRoss486, on 29 April 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

In other words the other Houses were too mainstream <_< .

No, what they are trying to be is mostly a phantom caused by hot air. When you look closly it will vanish and be replaced by something you don't like. If you look to closely that's even true for my Confederation. But as a whole, it has more substance than all the others.
I admit, that I like being the underdog. The more enemies to fight, the more honor to gain. But it was not the sole reason I chose the CC. I wanted substance and I wanted to be elite (And I am, trust me!).

#14 Volturnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

Part of the reason I like House Liao so much is the fact that there are so few of us, and most of us seem to be pretty familiar with one another. I like things to be close-knit that way. It's nice to get on the forums at night and see the same guys in green that have always been there.

I'm with the CapCon, now and always.

Edited by Volturnus, 30 April 2012 - 04:52 AM.

#15 metro

• 2,491 posts
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

View PostVolturnus, on 30 April 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:

Part of the reason I like House Liao so much is the fact that there are so few of us, and most of us seem to be pretty familiar with one another. I like things to be close-knit that way. It's nice to get on the forums at night and see the same guys in green that have always been there.

I'm with the CapCon, now and always.

huggles!

#16 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

View PostListless Nomad, on 29 April 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

3rd post and someone already mentions me. :P

You are lucky I don´t have time to write something I think about what you said. Stay tuned... <_<

#17 Volturnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:24 AM

View PostAdridos, on 30 April 2012 - 05:01 AM, said:

You are lucky I don´t have time to write something I think about what you said. Stay tuned... <_<

*Grabs popcorn*

#18 Metal God

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, VA USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

The Capellan Confederation has the most oppressive government in the Inner Sphere (followed closely by the Draconis Combine). They treat their people like possessions, and don't even consider them citizens until they've served the government. Those who don't are relegated to the status of second-class citizen with no legal rights. In short, the CC doesn't value human life, and has no regard whatsoever for individual liberty.

The Federated Suns, on the other hand, stringly values freedom and liberty, and protect the rights of the lowliest individual. The sheer dominance of the AFFS protects these values from the oppressive, warmongering dictatorships that border the FedSuns.

Regarding the other states, the Draconis Combine is little better than the CC when it comes to human rights, and the Free Worlds League is ridiculously balkanized and ineffecient, with no clear ideals. And, while relatively free, the Lyran Commonwealth's focus on its money-grubbing merchants and high society leaves their military suffering severly. Taking all of that into consideration, the choice was clear for me. Davion for life! <_<

Edited by Metal God, 30 April 2012 - 05:37 AM.

#19 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

View PostMetal God, on 30 April 2012 - 05:30 AM, said:

The Federated Suns, on the other hand, stringly values freedom and liberty, and protect the rights of the lowliest individual. The sheer dominance of the AFFS protects these values from the oppressive, warmongering dictatorships that border the FedSuns.

Right, the free elected princes of the FedSuns never ever started a war and oppressed whole planets. <_<

#20 Metal God

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, VA USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 30 April 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

Right, the free elected princes of the FedSuns never ever started a war and oppressed whole planets. <_<

The FedSuns are indeed warmongering at times, but surrounded by such neighbors, can you blame them? And when has the FedSuns oppressed whole planets? Even with their warlike tendencies, there's no denying that the FedSuns are the freest state in the Inner Sphere.

This is probably a losing fight in the CC forums, but the fact that anyone can actually support a government led my Romano Liao appalls me.

Edited by Metal God, 30 April 2012 - 06:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users