Which Raven Variant For Ecm And Jumps?

5 replies to this topic

#1 T Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hi,

I want to buy me a Raven because I'm interested in playing a support role with ECM later on when they implement it.

Now, I really don't want to play a Raven without jumps, so can I put ECM stuff on the 4X later on, or do I have to buy the 3L variant to use ECM? The 3L however doesn't have jumps and afaik it is not possible to upgrade jumps, ECM however counts as "equipment"...

Any help?

#2 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

Noone knows the answer yet if there will be restrictions on what mech can use ECM.

#3 T Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

View PostWieland, on 19 November 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

Noone knows the answer yet if there will be restrictions on what mech can use ECM.

Hm, okay. I like the 3L variant the most, because of the 2 missile hardpoints. It doesn't have jumps, though. :huh:

#4 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

But the 3L has one more module slot.

#5 Otterway

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

I can't speak to what the next patch(es) will bring, but as of now all Raven variants can mount the placeholders for the Beagle Active Probe and the Guardian ACM. I would expect that to remain true, but anything could happen.

Only the Raven 4X can mount jump jets.

#6 LagomorphPrime

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

The 3L doesn't get jump jets but it does get engine capacity, it can take up to a 295, making it much faster than the 2X or 4X.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users