How Do I Upgrade Armor At All Locations?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Eclipse186

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Let's say I have 54/64 center torso, how do I enable further armor? It says I have no more available armor for that location, but I would like to know how to gain more. Thanks.

#2 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Your maximum armor for some locations is split between front and rear.
For instance you could have maximum CT armor of 64, with 54 on the front and 10 in the rear.
Front and rear together total 64, so you can't increase the armor one one without reducing it on the other.

Center Torso and both Side Torsos function in this fashion.

#3 Eclipse186

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Ahh I see, thank's so much. So what do people mean when they say they have maxed out armor?

#4 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

When people say they've maxed out their armor they usually mean across all torso sections, or on the entire mech (rounded down to the nearest 1/2 ton)
For instance an atlas has a CT max armor of 124. If I allocate this as 90 front and 34 rear it's considered to be maxed out in Center Torso, as I can't add more armor.
People usually don't bother giving their allocation to front/rear as it depends quite a bit on playstyle, and so different front:rear splits work for different people.

#5 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

allot of people save weight by not maxing out leg armor. The hunchback for example comes with near maxed out armor. It is short eight points in each leg and two in the center torso. I do not bother adding more because I can use the weight for other things like case or a heat sink.

#6 Eclipse186

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Excellent, thanks a ton guys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users