Streak Commando Thread!

4 replies to this topic

#1 Vulgar Conqueror

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

So after getting absolutely r'ed today buy a few Streak Cats in a numbe rof different mechs, I wondered what the new missles could do for our friend the COM-2D.

Here are my two build ideas:

Option 1: "Long n Short"

Endo
Ferro
XL 170
3x SSRM 2 (two tons of ammo)
1 ER Large Laser
Max Armor except legs and head

Option 2: "The Flying Squirrel"

Endo
Ferro
XL 210
3x SSRM 2 (three tons of ammo)

I don't yet have the resources to complete the flying squirrel, however initial testing the Option one mech has been very good. It smokes mediums and some heavies as well, especially if they are distracted by other mechs.

It has a tough time with Jenners and sometimes other Commandos.

Any thoughts on these biulds? Anyone else trying them? If you haven't definitely give it a try, surprisingly effective.

#2 BlackSquirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 873 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Endo

XL 190?
small laser
2-3 tons of ammo.

Worked awesome before the changes only 150 jenners I had trouble with. (Or LRMS) Scored 4 kills one match, and topped 400dmg another. (Some how being top damage dealer on that team) :ph34r: WTF everyone else.

#3 CannonFodder86

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 93 posts
  • LocationIn front of the cannon

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

3xSSRM2, 2xammo
1xMPL
Endo-Steel
150 or XL210 engine
160armor

Runs hothunts other lights mech like a beast, especially if you have the 210 engine. Beware of Assaults and heavy. You wont have the firepower to punch the armor without help, or a lot of time.

#4 Ryft

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

I was thinking about getting into a streak commando. I really liked my Jenner that I used to have, so itching to play a light mech again after being stuck in my SPud-back for a while, now. I had some questions...

1) Why aren't your builds going all the way on speed, with the 215 engine (or at least 210)? Isn't that the largest a Commando can take? I would have assumed you would want to be faster than everything else, especially if hunting lights.

2) Does the lack of jump jets on this chassis really hinder it as a lightweight mech? I used to use just a single jump jet on my Jenner, and it really helped me out in a pinch, especially on the escapes.

3) What sort of compromises would I have to make if I didn't want to add ferro fibrous armor? After having to pay for ferro fibrous repairs on the Jenner, I'm never going that route again. For the weight that it saves, it just isn't worth it. I'm not rich, yet, especially as I'm sticking to the F2P model for now.

#5 CannonFodder86

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 93 posts
  • LocationIn front of the cannon

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostRyft, on 20 November 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

I was thinking about getting into a streak commando. I really liked my Jenner that I used to have, so itching to play a light mech again after being stuck in my SPud-back for a while, now. I had some questions...

1) Why aren't your builds going all the way on speed, with the 215 engine (or at least 210)? Isn't that the largest a Commando can take? I would have assumed you would want to be faster than everything else, especially if hunting lights.

2) Does the lack of jump jets on this chassis really hinder it as a lightweight mech? I used to use just a single jump jet on my Jenner, and it really helped me out in a pinch, especially on the escapes.

3) What sort of compromises would I have to make if I didn't want to add ferro fibrous armor? After having to pay for ferro fibrous repairs on the Jenner, I'm never going that route again. For the weight that it saves, it just isn't worth it. I'm not rich, yet, especially as I'm sticking to the F2P model for now.

1) Max engine size is 210. it will weight the same as the stock 150. alot of pilots stick to a 195, 200, or even a 175 for more tonnage. Tonnage is a premium on a mech like the Commando.

2) You're usually fast enough to chase anything that jump over an obstacle by going around (minus jenners). And you're fast and maneuverable enough to avoid most things bigger than you by ducking behind something. only ever used jump on the trial Cat so i'm not sure how it will compare on a Light.

3) at max armor FF will give you about .6ton. So about a small laser is all you'll be losing. depending on what you're building you might not even have the crit space for the armor anyways. last priority for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users