88 replies to this topic

#41 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

View PostTriggerhippy, on 21 November 2012 - 04:18 AM, said:

Yes that means you lot, I scan through the forums once in a while and all I ever see is some over entitled noob bashing PGI for not doing something irrelavent.

(..)
Let's have constructive criticism instead of just calling PGI (..),

On a positive note reading your hitching on the forums makes me want to hunt you down and shoot you all in the face with an AC20 - and I know just the place to do that, thanks to PGI.

I see what you did there.
Let's just say we have different ideas of the term 'constructive'.

Edited by John Norad, 21 November 2012 - 06:12 AM.

#42 Dethl0k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

i would rather pay monthly then have to deal with bugs crashes and lack of content

#43 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

View PostAlexa Steel, on 21 November 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

Sir I dont rage at games, why would I? If I have a problem, I will try to fix it, moaning about it wont fix my problem. Nor does raging.

Call me the smartas* but...raging does in fact change a lot, as long as the wallet in your pocket is big enough.

#44 Stone Wall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

Less qq more pew pew and everyone will be having more fun.

#45 Ziogualty

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 382 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

Yes that means you lot, I scan through the forums once in a while and all I ever see is some over entitled noob bashing PGI for not doing something irrelavent.

Let's be clear about this, without PGI there is no MWO. A game which I personnally love. PGI have even gone the route of giving it to us for free! As far as I'm concerned PGI rock, they arn't the size of EA yet have taken the risk of going for a AAA Class product. And it's a great product, you lot clearly care about it too otherwise why bit#h and moan all the time.
Let's have constructive critasym instead of just calling PGI , frankly if I worked for them I would have taken note of a number of you and knobbled your game accounts or possibly I would have quit because you lot would have made me feel that you don't deserve the fruits of my labour. Thankfully Russ Brian Paul and the rest are clearly better natured than I am.

On a positive note reading your hitching on the forums makes me want to hunt you down and shoot you all in the face with an AC20 - and I know just the place to do that, thanks to PGI.

Please feel free to flame below.

It's just more names to add to my list.

People working for PGI shouldn't have a different avatar or something?

#46 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

View PostTriggerhippy, on 21 November 2012 - 04:48 AM, said:

Lol - try looking , I posted this Alexa liked my post. - noob mistake

Also I have a kdr round the 6.5 mark and loose about 1 in 10 games - not a bad player, just one that's getting sick of whiney little *******.

I'm, sorry, but please... kdr says NOTHING!
Maybe you are a good kill stealer, not a good hitter and you use alt+f4/go in hiding when loosing a match. Never use kdr in an argument.

I'ts like saying you're a navy seal, you're going to backtrace me to where I live and going to stealh kill me with your pimped out m4a1blabla with tactical this and that. Well... Good luck I'm behind seven proxy's and in some random street in my inconspicuous van on someones unsecured wifi! :)

Posted Image

#47 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

View PostSoy, on 21 November 2012 - 06:03 AM, said:

Ok Ferret, the point of not playing the game at all would be what again? To not play the game? How is that helping someone to enjoy playing the game if they aren't playing the game?

If you're not having fun and posting rage then you are doing something else. If you quit the game entirely and give up you are doing something else as well.

Again I think you're missing my point to a certain extent. My point is that the experience of gaming is supposed to be fun. If you're not having fun, why are you here? It's not about helping someone to enjoy the game, it's about not doing something that you're not enjoying. If things like 4-man drops make you mad enough to post some of the things I've seen on these boards, you're taking this game too seriously, and you need to take a step back.

In your case, you had trouble getting the game to work. I understand how that can be frustrating: I had a PSU explode last week, had issues booting into Windows, a whole slew of problems. I spent hours fixing these issues and it was frustrating. As much as I wanted to rage at my PC, though, I knew it was unproductive. Rage wouldn't have fixed it. And I'm not advocating for people to leave. I'm not saying you should leave. But I think a break would have been more productive than flying into a rage.

I'm not trying to stifle free expression. By all means, rage. It doesn't change my original perspective, though: rage is unproductive, unhealthy, unnecessary. It's bizarre to me that anyone would see getting angry as productive or useful in most situations in life, let alone a video game forum.

#48 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

Honestly, at lot of what some of you call "raging" is you interpreting any complaint as such. Plenty of folks don't read the OP or ignore it and then proceed to bombard the thread with "oh this again go QQ moar durp".

I think a lot of the bile on this forum would go away if people didn't respond in great spite to complaints they disagree with, even if the complaint is unreasonable or excessive.

#49 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

I can't speak for anyone else, Orzorn, but I made a point of saying that constructive criticism is important. When I talk about rage, I'm talking about the "you're incompetent ******** PGI" or the "that's it, i'm quitting this game over DHS" or the "why are you punishing us and making us victims with 4 man drops" posts.

That said, I agree, there's far too much negativity around here. People are rude to one another, and there's no need of that, either. I've posted as much in the past; in fact, the first thread I posted in the Beta forums was about the disrespect folks around here showed for one another.

#50 Triggerhippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 415 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe pivotal locus of the Universe

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

View PostCalmon, on 21 November 2012 - 05:37 AM, said:

Hehe, I'm a Software Architect/Developer and I can say one thing: I have greatest respect for the technical site of PGI. Only a fraction of people knows how hard it can be to make/change/fix something. I feel with them!

But with this knowledge I would carefully change the whole flow of a project. From my experience even serious changes in whole architectures are based on (usually "business") decision like this "The wife of one of my friends didn't like the green cow we use to introduce our product. She feels depressed and suggested to make it pink, she also like dogs so... Go for it!"

Hopefully PGI isn't at this point and the 3rd person view is based onsomething else than few personal opinions...

Lol I know they using a scrum system, which can be very effective (i work in IT security myself) but with a history of project management (6sigma and prince2 ) so I have a bit of perspective,/experiance but I defer to your knowledge here. :)

#51 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

Ferret,

I'm not flying into a rage though. I'm just stating that people have a right to do it and it can be just as productive if not more productive than simply shelving a game/hobby and 'getting a life' as you put it in so many words.

That has nothing to do with it at the end of the day.

We're talking about playing MWO.

I'd rather someone be pissed off trying to get things across to devs/community/off their chest in their own way than simply put their foot in their mouth and uninstall or 'get a life'.

Orzorn gets it, I think you do too...

...in my opinion you're just stuck on whether or not raging is socially acceptable or not. News flash, this is the internet and we're playing a game on it, hello? Raging might not be socially acceptable or mature to you, but it does get results. As far as I can tell, the vast majority of the time the results are not what the rager wished for, however. But just shelving a game and hoping for the best? Damn man, might as well go find religion pretty quickly...

...I think we're all in agreement that "OMFGWTFBBQ FIX THIS OR I QUIT ASK FOR REFUND WTF DIE PGI" threads are beyond hyperbolic and basically provide no basis for constructive discussion. However I think they at least provide a gauge of a players opinion of the game in that moment, which 'shelving' or 'quitting' a game does not. VERY few people take the time to thoughtfully critique something when they have breached the apathy threshold. It's like calling to complain about a cheeseburger that McDonalds made wrong. Who the hell does that.

Edited by Soy, 21 November 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#52 Nuclear Weapon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 280 posts
  • LocationLa Isla Bonita

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

View PostQuestero, on 21 November 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

Wrong. In a couple years when MWO fails somebody will find the money to get the MW license then promise everyone it's gonna be OMGTRUEOLDSCHOOL get his 5mlns and fail again. BT fans are so stupid and PGI is so smart.

ppl usually have a small mind when it comes about bussiness... they all want their Star Wars thingie to be as the first ever released movie...

Wait wut? o.O... :huh:

It also apply in this topic... :)

#53 Voridan Atreides

• 2,149 posts
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

Yes that means you lot, I scan through the forums once in a while and all I ever see is some over entitled noob bashing PGI for not doing something irrelavent. Let's be clear about this, without PGI there is no MWO. A game which I personnally love. PGI have even gone the route of giving it to us for free! As far as I'm concerned PGI rock, they arn't the size of EA yet have taken the risk of going for a AAA Class product. And it's a great product, you lot clearly care about it too otherwise why bit#h and moan all the time. Let's have constructive critasym instead of just calling PGI , frankly if I worked for them I would have taken note of a number of you and knobbled your game accounts or possibly I would have quit because you lot would have made me feel that you don't deserve the fruits of my labour. Thankfully Russ Brian Paul and the rest are clearly better natured than I am. On a positive note reading your hitching on the forums makes me want to hunt you down and shoot you all in the face with an AC20 - and I know just the place to do that, thanks to PGI. Please feel free to flame below. It's just more names to add to my list.

THANK YOU! All the haters are REALLY getting on my nerves!

#54 Terror Teddy

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostVoridan Atreides, on 21 November 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

THANK YOU! All the haters are REALLY getting on my nerves!

I usually get annoyed on the fact that a lot of people seems to lack patience and goes "I want it nownownownownow" instead of taking a step back and look at the big picture.

#55 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

View PostSoy, on 21 November 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

I'm not flying into a rage though. I'm just stating that people have a right to do it and it can be just as productive if not more productive than simply shelving a game/hobby and 'getting a life' as you put it in so many words.

Don't take it personal then. I'm obviously directing this at the folks raging about game features based on my posts. If that's not you, it's one less thing for you to worry about! :)

I never told people to "get a life". That's offensive and I'd appreciate you not putting those particular words in my mouth. I'd never feel right making that criticism: who am I to criticize? I spend at least an hour or two every day playing and probably another hour or two on the forums. I simply can't make that criticism.

And if you'll reread, you'll see that I also afford people the right to rage. I just think it's silly. 4-man drops? First world problems. That's all I'm saying. Step back. You're (not you personally, Soy, the person flipping out) going to have a stroke over 4-man drops. It's not worth it.

ETA: I feel like you're reading into my posts a message of "if you don't like it, leave," and that couldn't be further from the truth. If you check my post history one of my main focuses has been retention of players. I want everyone to stay! I'm advocating stepping back, taking a break, realizing that it's just a game. Please do come back once that's sunk in.

View PostSoy, on 21 November 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

...in my opinion you're just stuck on whether or not raging is socially acceptable or not. News flash, this is the internet and we're playing a game on it, hello? Raging might not be socially acceptable or mature to you, but it does get results.

No, again, reread what I said. Socially acceptable is not a concept I used when making my point. Silly and unproductive are. And by unproductive, I mean, it gets no results. Constructive criticism, well thought arguments, they might get results. Frothing at the mouth: the only results are ulcers and high blood pressure.

Edited by FerretGR, 21 November 2012 - 08:57 AM.

#56 Triggerhippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

View PostRadioKies, on 21 November 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

I'm, sorry, but please... kdr says NOTHING!
Maybe you are a good kill stealer, not a good hitter and you use alt+f4/go in hiding when loosing a match. Never use kdr in an argument.

I'ts like saying you're a navy seal, you're going to backtrace me to where I live and going to stealh kill me with your pimped out m4a1blabla with tactical this and that. Well... Good luck I'm behind seven proxy's and in some random street in my inconspicuous van on someones unsecured wifi! ;)

Posted Image

.... So nothing useful or relevant to offer??? no? just anoher pointless troll comment then - why don't you go back under your little wooden bridge and think of something either useful or at least witty to say. Till then why don't you practice your reading skills - stay away from the writing bit for now.

Edited by Triggerhippy, 21 November 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#57 Triggerhippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostDethl0k, on 21 November 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

i would rather pay monthly then have to deal with bugs crashes and lack of content

yet here you are playing MWO ... what does that make you I wonder?

View PostJohn Norad, on 21 November 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

I see what you did there.
Let's just say we have different ideas of the term 'constructive'.

Yup the list keeps on a growing, fortunately my founders mechs and premium account means I can afford lots of ammo ;)

#58 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

Ferret I'm not saying you're telling people to leave or anything, but that is the way it plays out when you say what you say.

This is the internet, we're playing games, man. When someone shelves a game there is a great chance that something else is going to occupy their free time. When someone is raging you can tell they are clearly passionate about it, maybe at the breaking point, but in that moment whatever it is they are upset about is obviously something important to them. If you tell a rager on a game forum having an issue to simply go outside, it is the net cultures equivalent of saying "get a life" regardless of whether or not the responder meant it in a kind way or a mean way. Not everyone is going to be able to detach emotionally and rationally think about the problem and then draw a conclusion of apathy and walk away with a possibility of returning in the back of their minds. You can call it a maturity issue but that's human nature, man. Or at least it's gamer nature.

I'm just saying that "not playing the game" is not really a solution for people who are upset that they cannot play and enjoy the game.

It's like if I said to you, "I'm hungry!" And you said, "go out and hit the lotto." I mean yeah that might be great and then I could buy myself a zillion steaks, but that really doesn't talk to or about the issue itself. Raging does. Alexa said it best earlier in this thread when referred to the 'shelf it' quiet types who simply walk away without a word, the best you can expect from those players is a little constructive and thoughtful criticism or suggestions on their way out, perhaps as they close the door and leave the light on for a return later. But the vast majority of gamers [and people] don't work that way If we're having steak and its not cooked right, a lot of us are going to try and do something about it on the spot. Some with a subtle touch, some while making a scene. But very few people are going to simply eat a bad steak and then pay their bill and speak to the manager on the way out the door to recommend a better chef, else they aren't returning.

Is raging inherently immature, yeah. But again, this is the internet and we're playing a game. Maturity isn't really a player in either of those environments. Ethics can and should be a huge consideration when gaming, but maturity really only matters in a social aspect, particularly in a sustained world environment [which MWO is not yet, if ever] that forces players into cooperative environments to continue progression/play.

A lot more people rage on forums for 90 seconds and they get a lot more reaction out of that, mostly negative but maybe some positive. Sometimes a rager just wants to find someone to validate their frustration, or maybe someone that helps reign them back in to a point where they can calm down and discuss the issue rationally and have a reference point to look back on and clarify their problems. At the minimum raging will be ignored or trolled, but at the maximum raging can help start a fire under an issue that needs attention or changes. How this can be twisted around as being solely detrimental to the community or game itself is beyond me, but maybe I just have thicker skin or I'm used to this type of stuff after gaming online for so long.

Edited by Soy, 21 November 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#59 Triggerhippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostQuestero, on 21 November 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

Wrong. In a couple years when MWO fails somebody will find the money to get the MW license then promise everyone it's gonna be OMGTRUEOLDSCHOOL get his 5mlns and fail again. BT fans are so stupid and PGI is so smart.

Just a quick follow up - it took 10 years for this to come out, PGI has a number of original FASA members, it's a great game platform so far and has all the potential in the world. If someone else picked up the licence the likelihood would be they weren't from the original old skool and we'd end up with a crap feeling arcade mech game designed for the console market - god help us!

#60 Triggerhippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

View PostIlwrath, on 21 November 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

All of us, Pugs and premades, have the right to moan about the last patch.

The most important fix is missing; 8 vs 8 premade match making. That was the ONLY
thing that HAD to be there. And it is NOT. If you DON'T moan about that, well then you
need HELP.

The only important thing missing and lots of users get worse performance. MOAN!

Such extreme disappointment.

omg your moaning about the patch - get out now!

There are a million topics on that subject. This is a topic about how fed up I am of people like you moaning all the godam time!

****!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users