Honor Rating System

No replies to this topic

#1 Immitem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationVICO Capital of Canada

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

OK, my last battle really ******* sucked. It was a pretty ordinary battle except for when I was the last person alive and completely unarmed in my dragon. Something that I come to expect from playing is that you can go off the side of the map, publicly announcing your intentions to disengage from the fight. Something that me and most other strangers I have played with have honored... except when it was finally my turn. I announced that I was done from the fight and made to retreat from the lost battle (I was the only one alive with no weapons vs 6) so they could cap, which to whatever ********* language my opponents speak means taking their time taking me apart.

So yes, even as I write I am obviously upset but none the less this got me to thinking about another game. In DayZ it used to be that when you killed people unprovoked you appearance would change to make it obvious to other players to never trust you.

This gave me the idea of a rating system. After a match you could rate other people you played with for a variate of reasons. Do they regularly teamkill, do they respect a surrender or just goad you into complacency, do they swear and act immature, do they go for clean kills or deliberately slowly take you apart? This could result in a system the could be displayed beside your name in the scoreboards to let you know whether you are playing against/with decent folk or undesirables. It has no impact on gameplay itself, it just attaches a social stigma to them, whether positive nor negative.

Some additional points:
*Both your teammates and your enemies are capable of rating you for the same reasons.
*Each rating has a dialogue box to express why your rating them the way you are.
*Effective use of weapons, weapon types, and grouping (Tri/Quad AC2/5, LRM BOAT, Dual Guass) are a little bit more touchy and thus I will not comment upon their potential impact on the rating system or whether they would get their own criteria.
*Abuse of the rating system impacts or outright negates your rating power, eg. Always rating you opponents the lowest score when you lose, consistently doing the same to the person who killed you, or a certain weapon choice that you go up against (always downrating gaussapults).
*Whether or not there is a cap on the number of times you can rate a person during a set amount of time and whether or not you can rate the person right after a match or anytime after you played with/against them.

What do you think and furthermore what could you add?

P.S.Two censored, ambiguous swears not directed at anyone are not going to hurt anything?

EDIT: Give a big round of applause for Ragnar Ironside. The first person to offer me surrender and slap his dishonorable teammates.

Edited by Immitem, 22 November 2012 - 08:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users