A more complete poll for possible allies to FRR.

44 replies to this topic

Poll: Potential allies to the FRR (101 member(s) have cast votes)

What IS faction do you think FRR should ally with (before clans arrive)?

1. FedCom: Steiner (27 votes [20.30%])

Percentage of vote: 20.30%

2. FedCom: Davion (23 votes [17.29%])

Percentage of vote: 17.29%

3. Draconis Combine (10 votes [7.52%])

Percentage of vote: 7.52%

4. Capellan Confederation (4 votes [3.01%])

Percentage of vote: 3.01%

5. Free Worlds League (23 votes [17.29%])

Percentage of vote: 17.29%

6. Stay strictly neutral (46 votes [34.59%])

Percentage of vote: 34.59%

What faction do you think FRR should ally with (after clans arrive)

1. FedCom: Steiner (28 votes [15.56%])

Percentage of vote: 15.56%

2. FedCom: Davion (25 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

3. Draconis Combine (20 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. Capellan Confederation (11 votes [6.11%])

Percentage of vote: 6.11%

5. Free Worlds League (21 votes [11.67%])

Percentage of vote: 11.67%

6. Stay strictly neutral (18 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

7. Clan Ghost Bear (38 votes [21.11%])

Percentage of vote: 21.11%

8. Clan Wolf (11 votes [6.11%])

Percentage of vote: 6.11%

9. Clan Jade Falcon (5 votes [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

10. Clan Smoke Jaguar (3 votes [1.67%])

Percentage of vote: 1.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Samuel Maxwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 107 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostMalkenson, on 04 May 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

As to WHY ally with the FWL? Of all the major Houses in the IS, the FWL

1) Seems to be the closest in viewpoints as our FRR
2) It really only has one enemy house to deal with, (Steiner), due to its alliance with the Capellan Confederation
3) Is transforming it self into an economic & trade power house

Best reason NOT to ally with the FWL would be Word of Blake... But that is a future (?) problem...

As a student studying political science, a confederacy is nothing like a republic. While a few well-known historical confederacies happen to contain "democratic" states (Athens in the Ancient Hellenic Confederation and the Southern Confederacy of America) and while the members themselves contribute to the whole league, a republic is a different concept altogether. In a republic, the general is represented by the few. In a republic, the heads of state are generally elected. In a confederacy, different states can have their own forms of government, laws, and culture. For example, a state in a confederacy can be a republic while another could be an oligarchy and yet another could be a direct democracy.

Unlike a republic, a confederacy is not inherently democratic. The two are not at all similar in structure, either. Something more comparable to a confederacy is a federalist state (Think the United States of America's Constitution and the Articles of Confederation.) Something comparable to a republic is a direct democracy.

I disagree with the notion that the Free Worlds League is anything similar to us, especially at this point in history. The Captain-General at this point in time is more like an unchecked dictator than a checked president. According to Sarna, they are (to me) no different than any other house right now given the Captain-General's veto and executive powers.

My stance would be to take on a completely neutral stance. We do not want to lose any resources (including human resources), and because of our size and relative youth as a power, we need other powers to invest in our infrastructure while we continue building up. Even after the Clans invade, I believe that the less lives we lose (or rather, the more lives we keep), the better the future for the Rasalhague Republic, whether it means more political clout in the Rasalhague Dominion or more freedom and economic prosperity while we still remain a free state.

Edited by Samuel Maxwell, 07 May 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#22 Trenticon

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 17 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, Louisiana

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

View PostLt Trevnor, on 03 May 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Allies? Pfft. We hold our own.

We won't become Allies with them. We take them over. :huh:

#23 Trevnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,085 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSkjaldborg HQ, Rasalhague, Rasalhague Province[Canada]

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:24 AM

View PostTrenticon, on 07 May 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

We won't become Allies with them. We take them over. :huh:

Exactly! This guy knows what's up.

#24 Riin Suul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:32 AM

I voted strictly neutral on both. I do not plan to join the FRR, but some friends and I are planning on forming a small merc group (1-2 lances) and working exclusively for the FRR, both in hopes of early combat/salvage with the clans and because the FRR is AWESOME. they are space vikings, and nothing is as cool as space vikings :huh:.

Anyways, I am of the opinion that the FRR should ignore all of those other jerks in the IS and "ally" with merc groups instead.

#25 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:39 AM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 03 May 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

Well.. we cant stop you from voting of course but the poll was made for people that plan to play as FRR.

Looks for me that this pole is for people that plan to play Ghost Bear.
But without ComStar the remants of the FRR could become home of those homeless ;-)

But I would suggest that stay neutral isn't a option same as with Steiner or DC. My Duke is still enrages that our worlds were sold. Best would be a alliance with Davion forces...but when they think it is time to free the repressed japanese people of the FRR :huh:

Edited by Karl Streiger, 08 May 2012 - 04:44 AM.

#26 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

Why are there Jade Falcon and Smoke Jaguar options? lol They're hard-core crusaders, and are run by people who wouldn't p!ss on a freeborn man if he were burning alive.

I still don't see why the FRR would want anything to do with any power in the IS except ComStar, and maybe Marik, due to his ties to ComStar; if anyone in the IS will respect ComStar's desires that FRR remain an independent state, Thomas Marik will...and with the Free Worlds League not suffering the loss of systems the coreward states will, the FWL will have better manufacturing capabilities.

Once the Clans arrive, an alliance with the Wolves or Ghost Bears makes the most sense...more the Wolves, though, since they would share a border with the Wolf Occupation Zone. In 15-20 years, when Clan Hell's Horses get rid of Khan Malavai Fletcher, turn warden, and kick the Wolves out of the vast majority of their Occupation Zone, I would suggest an alliance with them or the Ghost Bears (or both, since the two get along very well at that point).

The last bit, of course, relies on canon storyline, and everything going that way...I'm not sure it will. Either way, though...the Hell's Horses are mostly wardens; we're just stuck with an idiotic, insane crusader for a Khan for the time being.

Edited by Aethon, 08 May 2012 - 05:10 AM.

#27 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

I wanted to make a complete poll with all the options, thats why they are in the poll.

Personally i would never ever ally with any clan.

#28 Magnus Grimm

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

Since we're essentially a giant triangle, it would be best to consider issues by which side of the triangle things are on:
North: The future clan battlefront, I'm guessing that we're not gonna be able to reason with the clans, so this would be a purely military matter. If diplomacy was possible, we should do all that we can to drive the invaders against eachother with us sweeping up the weakend worlds left in the wake of conflict.
East: The east side is completely covered by the Draconis Combine, who I think will be our most essential ally. If we have this border secured by diplomacy, that frees up a lot of our focus. We do need to be extremely worried about betrayal though, as I'm assuming diplomacy in a war game will be unreliable at best.
West: Our main chunk of conflict for the IS wars will be here. With having the entire Lyran Alliance to fight I believe that they will be our main opponent if we can keep things diplomatic with the Combine.

It may also be a wise idea to strike up bargains with the Free Worlds League and the Compellan Confederation. The reason I say this is that because the Combine will probably be most busy with the Davion Fedcom. If we could form an alliance of every non-fedcom faction we would be able to attack them from all fronts, with everyone gaining land while building ties of comradery.

Two last things to consider though. Due to the fact the clans are going to hit us hard, we probably will need allies in order to break the Clanner blitzkrieg. Every faction we have a history of war with is a faction that will be happy to se us get steamrolled when the damn bucket-borns come around. We should also attempt to expand south. While we will feel more resistance the deeper we go into enemy territory we will need positions to fall back to if the Clans prove overly persistent.

Looking over this I realize I have been playing too much Civilization IV.

Edited by Magnus Grimm, 24 May 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#29 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

I see things very differently from you Magnus.

As it was the Draconis Combine that invaded the original Principality of Rasalhague and opressed us for so long i see them as our natural enemy (at least until the clans show up).

Steiner helped us by forming the TYR regiment from our resistance fighters and gave them training and mechs. The FRR were supported by Steiner (with the exception of the rogue duke of Tamar) so i will not fight against them unless they attack us.

Steiner also has the very same enemies as we do, the Draconis Combine and later the Clans so we are natural allies.

Edited by Carl Wrede, 24 May 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#30 Magnus Grimm

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

The issue is that you're going by the canon. The old blood fueds are to encourage certain fighting, but ultimately you aren't dealing with Draconis Dogs, you're dealing with people who like having a dragon for a logo or enjoy roleplaying space Japanese. Once we have access to the game, all bets are off, and everyone will be trying to kill everybody eventually.

We may as well go after Lyran, as it's the larger opponent that's going to have more on it's plate. Draconis is bigger than us, has more players, and barring Davion launching a crusade if we don't make nice we're gonna get in a meat grinder because we're the only convenient target. A meat grinder that will be a distraction when the clans show up.

We're a tiny fish surrounded by big fish, big fish with lasers. I'm all for RPing, but I'd rather be RPing the intact Republic rather than a government in exile which would exist if we're dealing with both the Dracs and Clans at once.

Edited by Magnus Grimm, 24 May 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#31 Falcay Cormac

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

We will fight for our own freedom

We will fight to stay free

#32 Dayuhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 385 posts
  • LocationCarse

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

I have already stated my observations on the Houses in the previous poll and will not reiterate here that stand. If in the future more powers come in to play from the Periphery the Riksdag along with Prince Haakön will evalute their potential as allies - though currently the only stable Periphery power seems to be the Magistracy of Canopus, and their Pleasure Circuses would, of course, be welcome in the FRR,

#33 WM CyberWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 199 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

What about your MercCorp buddies?

#34 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostWM CyberWolf, on 25 May 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

What about your MercCorp buddies?

Whatever the canon says about FRR and mercs in MWO the FRR will happily accept any mercs that want to fight for their cause.

#35 RangerRob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationEarthworks Inc., Cataphract Plant, Tikonov

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

Yah left out ComStar... :D

#36 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

View PostRangerRob, on 25 May 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

Yah left out ComStar... :D

ComStar is not a playable faction in MWO..

#37 RangerRob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationEarthworks Inc., Cataphract Plant, Tikonov

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 25 May 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

ComStar is not a playable faction in MWO..

Yet... :D

#38 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

I think the developers will keep Comstar for themselves to play with.

#39 Magnus Grimm

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

Actually, ComStar might exist as a dev faction. I remember reading that the core worlds are run by the admins, and they could use an admin army to aid factions about to be destroyed or to fight superpowers for the sake of gameplay balance. Seeing as we're gonna be smaller than a lot of the other factions, it would mean that unless we get in some kinda super-alliance we'd probably be able to depend on such a faction.

Edit: Damn you Carl, you posted while I was typing this!
We really need one of those fist shaking smilies.

Edited by Magnus Grimm, 25 May 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#40 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

Regarding size of the playerbase in each faction on most polls made we (the FRR) usually comes up in fourth place before both Capellan and Marik.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users