Sig Request

168 replies to this topic

#1 Everfighter

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIL USA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:02 PM

Hello, I am artistically / PC challenged I was wondering if someone can help me make a COOL sig.

Things I would like in my SIg

A Stormcrow Mech (jumping and shooting if possible)

Red/Black/ in color

My name in it

Thank you my friends

#2 Zendric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

Im pretty sure the Stormcrow doesnt have jumpjets.

#3 theginganinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

View PostZendric, on 03 November 2011 - 03:13 PM, said:

Im pretty sure the Stormcrow doesnt have jumpjets.

I suppose, it being an Omnimech, you could probably add some. Maybe at the cost of some speed or armor?

#4 Mr Chigga Chan

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

I would make you one but I too am artistically challenged, especially when it comes to computer graphics. Also, any omnimech such as the Stormcrow can easily mount jump jets.

Edited by Mr. Chigga_Chan, 03 November 2011 - 03:34 PM.

#5 Zendric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

No, not really. Its chassis is not built for them and you misunderstand the meaning of OmniMech.

Being an Omnimech means you can switch out pre-made arms and torso pods with specific premade variants quickly for repairs or to change to a different variant. You can not just slap on any sort of part and have a functional mech.

#6 theginganinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

View PostZendric, on 03 November 2011 - 03:20 PM, said:

No, not really. Its chassis is not built for them and you misunderstand the meaning of OmniMech.

Being an Omnimech means you can switch out pre-made arms and torso pods with specific premade variants quickly for repairs or to change to a different variant. You can not just slap on any sort of part and have a functional mech.

The Tech Manuals disagree with you - at least, according to Sarna.net. It says that jump jets can be pod mounted to any omnimech to make them jump capable. Which almost makes me hope we get Daishis... Building hopping in that would be awesome, as long as the building don't collapse under it :)

#7 Mr Chigga Chan

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

I guess those extra free critical spaces on the Stormcrow are just for bean bag launchers and flare guns. Sorry Everfighter, Zendric says you can't put jump jets on your omni mech.

#8 Mr Chigga Chan

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

We should take this discussion over to the Tea Leaf Joy Yees Lounge and talk it over a Boba Tea and Rice box. This is for Everfighters epic jumping Stormcrow sig.

Edited by Mr. Chigga_Chan, 03 November 2011 - 03:34 PM.

#9 Zendric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

View Postirishwarrior, on 03 November 2011 - 03:24 PM, said:

The Tech Manuals disagree with you - at least, according to Sarna.net. It says that jump jets can be pod mounted to any omnimech to make them jump capable. Which almost makes me hope we get Daishis... Building hopping in that would be awesome, as long as the building don't collapse under it :)

The problem is, it doesnt have a variant that has the pods to allow for JumpJets.

#10 Mr Chigga Chan

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

Poor Everfighter is stuck with an omni that can't swap out any equipment for a set of JJs.

#11 Everfighter

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIL USA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

hmmp, you guys confusing me.. I just go by the previous games where you can put Jump Jets on your storm crow (my fav mechs)

#12 theginganinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

View PostZendric, on 03 November 2011 - 03:33 PM, said:

The problem is, it doesnt have a variant that has the pods to allow for JumpJets.

Omnis aren't restricted to only having the variants described in the Technical Readouts - those are simply the primary loadouts for those 'mechs, each with a different strength. You can still mount just about anything you want (as long as you keep within weight and critical space restrictions), which is why pretty much all the omnis piloted by important people in the books have unique loadouts.

#13 Zendric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

View Postirishwarrior, on 03 November 2011 - 03:50 PM, said:

Omnis aren't restricted to only having the variants described in the Technical Readouts - those are simply the primary loadouts for those 'mechs, each with a different strength. You can still mount just about anything you want (as long as you keep within weight and critical space restrictions), which is why pretty much all the omnis piloted by important people in the books have unique loadouts.

Wrong. They are restricted. You would have to retool a factory to make specific arms and torso and jumpjet pods, which would not only take months of engineering, but it is prohibitably expensive.

#14 Mr Chigga Chan

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

So I guess Aidan Pryde had to special order his Timber Wolf with 4 JJs and ship it back from Ironhold just before Tukayyid.

#15 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Aside form the fact the Timber Wolf is designed with the available pods. There are a few Timber Wolf variants with jump jets

The stormcrow only has its related design it was based off of, the Corvis

"Corvis - The Stormcrow was design as an Omni- version of the older Corvis BattleMech, a relatively slow, jump-capable 'Mech used mainly for defense and infantry support."

edited for spelling

Edited by CoffiNail, 03 November 2011 - 04:12 PM.

#16 Mr Chigga Chan

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

So the Timberwolf has no open pod spaces on its Legs, so all of the JJs are mounted in the torso. The Stormcrow has the same setup with no open pod spaces on the legs. Why can't the Stormcrow mount JJs on the torso?

#17 Everfighter

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIL USA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

Yes I am going to /Close this.

Please stay on topic !

#18 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

Well the thing is I am having problems even locating a jumping stormcrow, so kind of hard to put a picture of it on a sig if you cannot find a picture to put on it, quiaff?

#19 Everfighter

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIL USA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

aft , any storm crow will do then my friend. or perhaps a black hawk mech :)

#20 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

Posted Image

Thoughts?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users