#181 Striker 2054

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLost as hell

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostBelial, on 07 May 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

Since my last post failed miserably, here's one of may favorite cover songs. Great band all-round too; one of the guitarists is Shagrath from Dimmu Borgir.

Great aerospace tune. Loved the original, too.

#182 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:41 AM

First, some aerospace.

And then something completely different.

#183 zymphor

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMA.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:24 AM

>10 Pages
>No Dethklok video
>why.jpg

#184 Der Kopfsammler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

View PostSkoll-, on 06 May 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

A lot of people seem to "hate" metal because of all this metalcore crap that started over the last few years. Hell, if I had someone tell me Avenged Sevenfold or Slipknot was metal and I didn't know know better, I'd hate it too.

I know the feeling there... ive heard a lot of wannabe metalheads out there calling "metallica" and "slipknot" the heaviest Metal arround... i just dont know if i should laugh of cry for such ignorance... or just punch them in the face...

#185 Belial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

View PostDer Kopfsammler, on 09 May 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

I know the feeling there... ive heard a lot of wannabe metalheads out there calling "metallica" and "slipknot" the heaviest Metal arround... i just dont know if i should laugh of cry for such ignorance... or just punch them in the face...

Certainly not the heaviest, but still Metal at least. Someone in my travel group last summer said that Metallica "wasn't Metal" at all. I don't know if they were serious, sarcastic or just referring to their overall decline since the early/mid 90s (I still can't stand Death Magnetic; someone convince me that it's really good). :(

#186 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostBelial, on 09 May 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

Certainly not the heaviest, but still Metal at least. Someone in my travel group last summer said that Metallica "wasn't Metal" at all. I don't know if they were serious, sarcastic or just referring to their overall decline since the early/mid 90s (I still can't stand Death Magnetic; someone convince me that it's really good). :(

Metallica died in the late nineties. All that's left is a band of Ex-Metalheads playing poprock. My two cents about those *****. And can we please not argue about Black Metal? People are hating Metal because of Black Metal? Wait, what?
Son, go visit some live gigs of real Black Metal bands! You'll talk sense after that, I promise!
As I am from Germany, let me introduce you to a german Black Metal legend: Nagelfar

#187 Belial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

View PostShredhead, on 09 May 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

Metallica died in the late nineties. All that's left is a band of Ex-Metalheads playing poprock. My two cents about those *****. And can we please not argue about Black Metal? People are hating Metal because of Black Metal? Wait, what?
Son, go visit some live gigs of real Black Metal bands! You'll talk sense after that, I promise!
As I am from Germany, let me introduce you to a german Black Metal legend: Nagelfar

Nagelfar ist sehr gut! :)

Black metal is just like any other sub-genre: it is what it is. A few black metal bands could stand to lighten up a bit, and realize they're not going to summon an apocalypse with "lo-fi" basement recordings that took less effort than 8-bit MIDI stuff. I say this as a black metal musician myself; I obviously love the genre but even I can see the ridiculousness of it sometimes. Now, the black metal that actually has effort put into it? Hell yes. A thousand times.

My contribution for the day (not black metal though):

I'm not sure why it has the "uncensored," since I don't see a difference between it and the supposedly "censored" version.

#188 man o war

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew York, NY, USA

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

Yes yes. Metal is the perfect kind of music for Mechwarrior. Hence why the sound track for mechwarrior 2 was so right.

#189 Der Kopfsammler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

I see the entire album of "Anthems of Rebelion" from Arch Enemy well fit for this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users