Good Loadout On A Centurian?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Naughty Prowler

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Hey guys! I bought my first mech, a centurian, and am wondering if anyone could toss a few good builds my way

#2 Wrenchfarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

Love to! We need some more info though, what variant of Cent did you buy? The CN9-A? The CN9-AL? The Yen? Builds will vary depending.

I really love my CN9-AL loaded up with 2 MLAS in the chest and 2 LLAS in the right arm. Its upgraded with DHS and a STD 245 engine. You lose the missile and rocket power, but you can deal lots of damage from a distance with those LLAS. It hurts to lose that arm, but with the quick speed and 2 MLAS you can zombie about for a decent period of time.

For the CN9-A, I've had amazing success with Budor's "Killstreak" build - http://mwomercs.com/...94#entry1467394
The 260 engine is pricey, but the results are worth it. If you just bought a new Cent and are looking forward to blasting fools with that big ol' cannon, it may seem weird to try a build that ignores it, but I really liked this one.

Considering the price, I doubt you bought a CN9-D, and the Yen is a bit of a different beast.

#3 The Librarian

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Love the Centurion. As to what to do with it depends on what you bought.

General rules (that I follow)
-Endo steel is a must
-Standard Engine is a must (except maybe in a CN9-D, and only if you're putting a really big XL in there 350+)

Aside from that, it depends on how you want to play it.
Scout hunting - Lasers and Streaks are your friends, I recommend the AL
Skirmishing - Autocannons are great. Pair up with another medium or heavy with an AC and knock them around. Also, regular SRMs (lots of them) are a good idea for punishing larger mechs.

#4 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

I just bought the first variant. Cant remember the actual variant number, as I have never really looked at the Cents before.

I was a pure dedicated Hunch player, who used either the G founders or the very good 4SP. My favorite build on the 4SP was 2 SSRm's and 3 MPLAS. Full speed, with speed tweak, its a very good scout killer.

So looking to try another mech line, I built my Cent the same, but maybe better. 3 SSRM's, 2MPLAS, MG.

You can run this with DHS, Endo, Standard engine. Runs cool enough to nearly constant fire, is fast as most anything you will see. The 3 SSRM's are deadly to scouts and mediums. To be honest, it lacks a bit of punch against Heavies and Assualts (it really should, its a medium). Still, it can take one down, but its a challenge, as you dont dish out tons of damage.

Good earner, cheap to run for the most part. Dont engage groups alone, look initially for the scouts and kill them, then mediums. Assist with Heavys and Assaults.

Plus it zombies well. You can fight effectively all the way down to only your center torso left. I think this and the extra SSRM, makes it a bit better than the 4SP, but its very close.

Should enjoy it, I have tried the Cat variants, and I just think the mediums are much more fun to drive.

#5 roastpuff

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

I'm running an AL, and I like the build that I have running at the moment as a versatile medium range combatant with an ability to smack lights/mediums around with staying power. The two MPL in the center torso are useful for zombie-ing. Don't have the exact loadout on me at the moment but this is the highlights.

1 ERLL (RA)
3 MPL (1 RA, 2 CT)
2 SSRM2 w/ 1t ammo

full armor
extra heatsinks
endo steel
standard engine

Edited by roastpuff, 23 November 2012 - 12:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users