No replies to this topic

#1 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

The smell of rain shoved its way into the dropship as the loading ramp dropped. I was so happy to be back on Ascuncion after a rather dismal short term campaign taking on another little upstart would be 'ruler of the world' who should have known better, and I'd had enough. The leaden sky poured sheets of rain down on the tarmac as our Mech Wranglers came on-board and weary mechwarriors of the 7th Seraphim climbed down into the wet in the last legs of going home.

I saw the colonel with an aide de camp holding an umbrella as his former personal company came home. He looked relieved to see all the faces that he knew and cared for step down and into the tram back to the unit spaceport and then stared at me giving a little head nod beckoning me over to him.

Looking then over my shoulder onto the ramp, Colonel Reed shot the same look over to Selaa who gave his wife a kiss on the cheek and headed over as well. Apparently he had more energy than I did as he trotted to lessen the time in the rain.

“Get in fellahs” he said in his pleasant drawl. “We've got some stuff to talk about.” I had a feeling I knew what it was going to be about and was instantly glum. Selaa just politely agreed, and got into his car as I flopped into the front passenger seat next to Fairchild, his driver like an exhausted teenager ready to get yelled at by dad.

<><><>

The full short story can be read here.

http://seraphimregim...garrison-reborn

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users