Whats Your Favorite Moment In Battletech?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Capnflintlock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

Just as the title asks, what is your favorite experience in the battletech/mechwarrior universe? This could be an excerpt from your game play on tabletop or one of the numerous computer games, or possibly a memorable chapter in one of the books. Anythings fair game as long as it pertains to the battletech/mechwarrior universe.

I'll start with my experience on Mechwarrior 2: mercenaries,

Beating the final mission on Luthien with a damaged catapult, trebuchet, and thug, was one of the greatest feelings I've ever had playing mechwarrior. For those who don't know, the final mission pits you against 3 elementals, and 8 mechs. Now this wouldnt be so hard if the game's AI fired at different targets. But alas, the second you enter battle, the AI wants YOU, and ONLY YOU dead. Now you might ask, why not get in an assault mech? Before this mission you have 3 other missions, back to back, against a total of around 18 mechs, and a half dozen elementals. By this point, your hurting bad, keep in mind I went into this campaign with 3 assault mechs, 2 heavies, 2 mediums, a light mech and 10 million C-bills in the bank, which is a bloody accomplishment considering the games difficulty.

In the end, after around 40 tries..., I made it off the final mission, with a total net-worth of 75 million C-bills.

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

Clan wars are always my favorite, and I love mechwarrior 2: 31st century combat, an old game and still one of my favorites.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users