Joining The Faction

47 replies to this topic

#1 meccawarrior

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Locationloading....

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

can some1 plz tell not just me but all the other people that dont have a faction how to join.
thx all

#2 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Mecca,

You can join the house Liao faction on mwo, by choosing house Liao as your avatar etc, from your own mwo profile settings.

If you wish to join house liao, and then get involved further, then join the houseliao.com website, we provide forums and team speak to enhance your MWO experience.

If you require assistance, do not hesitate to ask, as I am sure, myself or someone else from HouseLiao will be willing to step up to assist you.

Edited by metro, 27 November 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#3 Lemniscate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

meccawarrior,

With regards to metro's post, houseliao.com is not the official standard bearer for the House Liao ingame faction, and are certainly not your only choice! Do your research!

#4 Melthir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Houseliao.com is fine if you want to role play. If you want a highly active group of people who are active in tourneys I would suggest other groups or maybe a Merc unit.

Edited by Melthir, 28 November 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#5 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

View Postmeccawarrior, on 27 November 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

can some1 plz tell not just me but all the other people that dont have a faction how to join.
thx all

Lemniscate, thanks for your input, HouseLiao.com is here to help the MWO community on the whole and we have been with MWO since the day the game/forum went live. Research by individuals is not only welcome, but should come as a necessity by everyone, so that their decisions are based on educated info and not here-say.

Questions also are welcomed by our command staff.

Melthir, thanks for your input as well. However, your presumption that Houseliao.com is all about roleplay is misconstrued.

Mecca, let us know how we can help you, HouseLiao welcomes everyone, and will do what we can to enhance everyones gaming experience where MWO is concerned.

Edited by metro, 28 November 2012 - 06:26 PM.

#6 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

Welcome Meccawarrior,
We are glad to have ya! Come on down to Skippy's for a pint and let's talk. I am always available here via Private Message on the MWO site as well. If you are looking for a place to call home, we welcome you with open arms. Drop by our TS server to see what we're all about! You can also check out our website at www.houseliao.com for more information. I look forward to meeting you.
<S>

#7 Wales Grey

Dark Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 861 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Frigid North

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

View Postmeccawarrior, on 27 November 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

thx all

Currently, there are no 'factions' aside from player-driven organized playing groups because community warfare is not yet implemented. You can give yourself a "faction avatar", like I have with the Liao Sword-Arm, but there is currently no real mechanic for getting into a faction.

Once it's live, the Cappellean Confederation will probably be a faction that you can join and fight space robots for in the darkness of the 30th millennium. This will be a separate entity from the player-run organization known as 'House Liao', and will likely be totally unrelated to them, apart from the 'House Liao' players using a portmanteau of the name of the Liao family and the common appellation of "Great House" for one of the large interstellar fiefdoms, to come up with their group name.

TL;DR:
There are no factions at this time. They are a planned addition to this game, which is still in the 'active beta' state of development.

#8 Lemniscate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

View Postmetro, on 28 November 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Lemniscate, thanks for your input, HouseLiao.com is here to help the MWO community on the whole and we have been with MWO since the day the game/forum went live. Research by individuals is not only welcome, but should come as a necessity by everyone, so that their decisions are based on educated info and not here-say.

Questions also are welcomed by our command staff.

Melthir, thanks for your input as well. However, your presumption that Houseliao.com is all about roleplay is misconstrued.

Mecca, let us know how we can help you, HouseLiao welcomes everyone, and will do what we can to enhance everyones gaming experience where MWO is concerned.

Just don't want new players to be given the misconception that certain gaming groups which happen to share their name with canon factions have any actual in-game relation to them. As wales pointed out, there are no in-game factions at this time, only player run groups, and your post was lacking in that vital clarification.

Happy to help out though!

#9 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

If you'd like to meet people who are inclined towards House Marik, drop by http://house-marik.net/

Having said that, it is uncertain how much of the gameplay will revolve around the Houses when all the game elements are put in place. The mwomercs.com domain name kinda hints at something else ;)

Edit: typo

Edited by p4r4g0n, 01 December 2012 - 02:57 AM.

#10 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

To be clear houseliao.com does not represent whatever plans the Devs have for actual factions. Their a separate entity/ outfit/ guild/ corporation, that have been around for a while.

#11 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

Community warfare.

Yes

The unknown, features of MWO,

we all await the revelation.

#12 Melthir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Metro as much as it pains me to say it your right your not all RP just mostly. On a scale of 100 i would say about 70% in forums, drops are a little different. There are even some people on there who actually seem fairly chill in drops. The rest of you role play the house liao stereotype very well.

Edited by Melthir, 03 December 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#13 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

I am just happy I can make that's what she said jokes without getting reported, unlike my previous unit... and if any of them read this, no I am not going to give that a rest. I enjoy house liao a lot more than most of the gaming groups I have been apart of. we have some good guys, we have some not quite as good guys. every group is the same.makeup, just with different proportions of each. the thing you have to realize melthir is that a lot of the guys running the site for all intents and purposes have BEEN house liao for the past 20 years or more. you will find the same groups of people, though different factions, running a majority of the house sites. they are the old timers who have played as that faction through every mechwarrior, and will probably continue to do so until they die. is it really so unreasonable that they would feel a bit annoyed when someone newish (can't really say how long you have played BT) comes and tells them that they are no longer the house they have cared for all those years?

No, we are not MWO's House Liao. But we are still a tradition, passed from the old timers who have been here for decades, to the next generation of mechwarriors. I am not claiming to speak for house liao as a whole. but that is how I feel about it.

For the honor of the regiment,
dal10

#14 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

House Liao is a good house to join, whether that means joining those who hang at houseliao.com,the WoL, or any of the other great units/pilots of Liao, or simply remaining a supporter of Liao my changing your icon. Not as good as Kurita, but I am a bit biased. ;)

Edited by Lord Ikka, 03 December 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#15 Melthir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

View Postdal10, on 03 December 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

I am just happy I can make that's what she said jokes without getting reported, unlike my previous unit... and if any of them read this, no I am not going to give that a rest. I enjoy house liao a lot more than most of the gaming groups I have been apart of. we have some good guys, we have some not quite as good guys. every group is the same.makeup, just with different proportions of each. the thing you have to realize melthir is that a lot of the guys running the site for all intents and purposes have BEEN house liao for the past 20 years or more. you will find the same groups of people, though different factions, running a majority of the house sites. they are the old timers who have played as that faction through every mechwarrior, and will probably continue to do so until they die. is it really so unreasonable that they would feel a bit annoyed when someone newish (can't really say how long you have played BT) comes and tells them that they are no longer the house they have cared for all those years?

No, we are not MWO's House Liao. But we are still a tradition, passed from the old timers who have been here for decades, to the next generation of mechwarriors. I am not claiming to speak for house liao as a whole. but that is how I feel about it.

For the honor of the regiment,
dal10

We understand, its that for the most part many of us have very little care(not in a disrespectful way. More of the fact that its just a game.) Its more of the fact just because you have been playing for a long time does not mean that you should be in charge. You see this idea everywhere its called retirement and old age. Not saying that it needs to happen here but the "old timers" have to understand that they are not the only ones with an interest in seeing this game succeed and the best bet lies not with going well this is how we did it in my day/mw2/TT that stuff doesn't work here in the same way that machine guns are crap. For the most part many of the "old timers" are great role models of loyalty but are ineffectual at leading many of the younger people due to the inability to distance themselves from the IP that they love and accept that new people are coming in with a much more fluid thought process and play style That is where video games are headed like it or not. Its like life either adapt to change or become irrelevant and no one wants to become irrelevant. Therefore the best thing to do would be to stop treating the new groups that fail to accept "old timer" leadership as hostile and realize that working together is what is probably best. There is no point in getting mad at a game. Games are played for fun and internet robots should not be serious business.

Edited by Melthir, 03 December 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#16 Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Internet robots are very serious business.

Meccawarrior,

First, try to decide whether or not you want to play competitively. If you think you will want to, start to research current tournaments and see which units are participating and see if any are a good fit for you.

If you think you're going to enjoy more of the casual aspect of this game, including the community warfare, then get onto the public teamspeak servers that each house hosts and see if you can find people you enjoy talking to and playing with.

#17 Truthstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostMelthir, on 03 December 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

We understand, its that for the most part many of us have very little care(not in a disrespectful way. More of the fact that its just a game.) Its more of the fact just because you have been playing for a long time does not mean that you should be in charge. You see this idea everywhere its called retirement and old age. Not saying that it needs to happen here but the "old timers" have to understand that they are not the only ones with an interest in seeing this game succeed and the best bet lies not with going well this is how we did it in my day/mw2/TT that stuff doesn't work here in the same way that machine guns are crap. For the most part many of the "old timers" are great role models of loyalty but are ineffectual at leading many of the younger people due to the inability to distance themselves from the IP that they love and accept that new people are coming in with a much more fluid thought process and play style That is where video games are headed like it or not. Its like life either adapt to change or become irrelevant and no one wants to become irrelevant. Therefore the best thing to do would be to stop treating the new groups that fail to accept "old timer" leadership as hostile and realize that working together is what is probably best. There is no point in getting mad at a game. Games are played for fun and internet robots should not be serious business.

I'm really mad actually. Forced to travel for work the entire week when Phase 2 is released only to be told how DRGN is rolling Goon lances...its quite annoying being left out of the fun!

#18 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostMelthir, on 03 December 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

Metro as much as it pains me to say it your right your not all RP just mostly. On a scale of 100 i would say about 70% in forums, drops are a little different. There are even some people on there who actually seem fairly chill in drops. The rest of you role play the house liao stereotype very well.

You need to get your facts straight, badly. Some of our more vocal members do RP, but the vast majority of us - literally +90% - are dropping regularly and are in this for the game and for House Liao. We are not the official House Liao in-game faction as it simply doesn't exist yet. But the same goes for the Marik, Davion, Steiner, Kurita and Rasalhague groups out there.

housekurita.org aren't the in-game Kurita either, but you don't see people deliberately pointing that out on their forums. I don't give a sh*t who is "official" or not, by going around and saying "these guys aren't official House Liao" you are deliberately trying to illegitimise what is bar none the definitive House Liao community. Even if you disagree with that, the fact is we are made up of pro-Liao pilots exclusively and by trying to illegitimise that group you are hurting your faction.

Stop trying to belittle the people who are on *your* faction. These are guys that are on *your* side, stop being stupid.

We have a ton of units, some casual, some serious. If you are Liao there is plenty for you to find on HouseLiao.com

#19 Melthir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

View PostBalls of Steele, on 08 December 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

You need to get your facts straight, badly. Some of our more vocal members do RP, but the vast majority of us - literally +90% - are dropping regularly and are in this for the game and for House Liao.

First off breathe its a game not worth getting mad over. Second facts are straight the posting style of houseliao.com is rp and its not a bad thing you seem to be thinking.

We are not the official House Liao in-game faction as it simply doesn't exist yet. But the same goes for the Marik, Davion, Steiner, Kurita and Rasalhague groups out there.
housekurita.org aren't the in-game Kurita either, but you don't see people deliberately pointing that out on their forums. I don't give a sh*t who is "official" or not, by going around and saying "these guys aren't official House Liao" you are deliberately trying to illegitimise what is bar none the definitive House Liao community.

The fact of the matter is you are not the definitive house liao community by numbers your one of the smaller ones the bar is pretty high on that. Once again that's not a bad thing as you all enjoy playing together. The thing is is that you are representing yourself as the whole of the house liao community and making announcements as such on the only "official" forums for the game and that's just wrong. Talk about how to illegitimate a group of people. And its not accidental it is deliberate choice made by the people who are posting it, they know better.

Also read what I said about in the forums vs drops. Again it is100% accurate. houseliao.com post are generally made in a RP style your drops are free from it as far as I have seen. Also as to my original post about tourney play. You do not participate in community tourneys to represent House Liao the only members of House Liao to do so so far it the Word of Lowtax. Once again that is not a bad thing either as it is a game and people have real life responsibilities that take precedence over a game. This is healthy and good.

Stop trying to belittle the people who are on *your* faction. These are guys that are on *your* side, stop being stupid.

Nothing I have said here is belittling anyone far from it. I'm actually saying that you guys are all right if some one wants to play with a group that post in a RP style on there forums that i visit almost daily. Im also saying you guys are a casual group of people that don't play in tourneys or at least not yet. That is all. I hope after reading this that you are able to calm down and understand our point of veiw in that blindly directing people to houseliao.com if they want to play the liao faction is a rather silly thing to do as not all are welcomed there, in fact many have been made to feel very unwelcome.

We have a ton of units, some casual, some serious. If you are Liao there is plenty for you to find on HouseLiao.com
True

Edited by Melthir, 09 December 2012 - 06:33 AM.

#20 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

C'mon, we're all fighting under the Dao and dislike Davies, Elsies and Marys. No need for pointless infighting, ok? :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users