Organizing House Liao

454 replies to this topic

#41 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationPlanet Sian....but sometimes Essex, UK

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

Depending on how successful Preston's Lancers recruitment is I will probably look at getting a TS3 server up and running for it.

#42 hydrix

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMech cockpit

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:04 AM

:P. count me in... for 10!

#43 hydrix

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMech cockpit

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:35 AM

one issue will be location, as this game will get 2 or more servers, we need to have sepeate teams for each, n-america and eu

#44 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationPlanet Sian....but sometimes Essex, UK

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

View Posthydrix, on 23 May 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

one issue will be location, as this game will get 2 or more servers, we need to have sepeate teams for each, n-america and eu

Yup, I guess, although I am happy to have US players in Preston's Lancers but they will either have to join the EU server or build a separate unit on the US server and have someone to run that unit.

#45 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

... and my Axeman!

erm... I mean... count me in.
Won't do anything else than post on the forums until september though, because I'm currently busy writing my bachelor thesis.
If servers/worlds aren't merged until then, I'll join EU.

Also, imho the 'when do you play' question is a bit misleading... I think everyone will pick their play time relative to what timezone they're in, which doesn't make much sense, e.g. when the results say there's five people playing in the evening, they might all sit at different timezones, thus never meeting each other ingame.

#46 hydrix

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMech cockpit

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:15 AM

indeed, so should be accompany'd with what your timezone is... we can sort it out later :D.. or they. hehe

#47 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostExilyth, on 23 May 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

Also, imho the 'when do you play' question is a bit misleading... I think everyone will pick their play time relative to what timezone they're in, which doesn't make much sense, e.g. when the results say there's five people playing in the evening, they might all sit at different timezones, thus never meeting each other ingame.

Like hydrix said, we'll sort it out. I want people to think locally when they fill out the form. Since it looks like we'll have Liao in the US and Liao in the EU, we'll likely split this list out when the time comes.

#48 Alexander Caine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Stuck my form in for solidarity's sake :o

#49 OVERSKY

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationVaughan, Ontario, Canada

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

I'm in. Ready to Roll.

#50 hydrix

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMech cockpit

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

welcome!

#51 CSLaoch

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hey, just found out about MWO, and decided to join up with house Liao. I really haven't played many of the previous Mech games, except the early MechW2. I filled out the google docs form. I've been looking for a game to get involved in over the summer and this seemed to fit the bill, I'm still waiting for my beta key though. I'm willing (and would enjoy) to teamspeak, and I'm on most weekdays.

As for playing styles, I'm probably going to go with something quick, but with mid/long range weapons, I'm thinking the catapult. I like to sit from a distance and spot and give support to people who prefer up front and personal play, but in certain cases I am willing to get up close. I'm sure there are much more experienced players on here though, so hopefully I can learn a thing or two from you guys.

Is there currently a Teamspeak server set up for this house?

#52 hydrix

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMech cockpit

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

no TS yet, Hopefully soon! Welcome!

#53 Sanction

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGrand Base

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

Filled out.

#54 Lonner

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationBoston, Mass

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

I Just Signed Up and Ready to Roll.

#55 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:38 AM

Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.

#56 RenegadeMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationUSA's Caustic Valley: Arizona

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

A role call is a great idea. I was interested to see that I'm the first one in GMT-7 to fill it out. I hope you can determine which timezones are available at which times.

#57 Amberlance

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:26 AM

Solidarity above all, Comrades. Without a People's army, the people have nothing.

#58 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:54 AM

View PostAmberlance, on 22 June 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

Solidarity above all, Comrades. Without a People's army, the people have nothing.

So first, stop spamming and second, Solidarity was a name of the anti-communistic movement in Poland. :)

#59 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

If, on the other hand, the groups of underdeveloped countries, lured by the siren song of the vested interests of the developed powers which exploit their backwardness, contend futilely among themselves for the crumbs from the tables of the world's mighty, and break the ranks of numerically superior forces ... our efforts will have been to no avail. :)

#60 Amberlance

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:26 AM

View PostAdridos, on 22 June 2012 - 03:54 AM, said:

So first, stop spamming and second, Solidarity was a name of the anti-communistic movement in Poland. :)

To be among the masses and fail to conduct propaganda and agitation or speak at meetings or conduct investigations and inquiries among them, and instead to be indifferent to them and show no concern for their well-being, forgetting that one is a Capellan and behaving as if one were of another house. This is a seventh type.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users