Laggers discos and abusers must die (or feel extreme pain or something)

21 replies to this topic

#1 Gabz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

I'm not a hateful person. You can tell since i'm canadian. And french canadian with that. But seriously. I've red a lot of posts hating pugs and their lack of ability to work in team. It's not all that true i've had really good games with basic strategies. Such has go right and stick together, defend, cap etc. The real problem i see for now is more about people doing NOTHING for the team. I know it sucks if you can't afford a decent computer to play this game trust me i've been there so many times. But this is a game based on teamwork , you got to at least be a little useful. If you stay behind and LRM your way out of lag. Well the game must really suck for you. If you hide and power down... You deserve to get killed instantly by your teamates. If you get disconnected and get a memory error every few games, You are a liability for your team because they are 1 man down before the game even starts... sorry dude your computer doesnt cut it yet try at launch when everything is fixed. has for abusers i know at next patch there's something coming for them but abusers will almost always find a way to suck other peoples fun.so i hate yous too.

Cordially

A guy how's gonna keep playing anyway.

I'm not attacking people with low spec computers. I know it's not your fault. But when i can't play a game i just don't.

heres the minimum requirements btw

http://mwomercs.com/...eveloper-update

Edited by Gabz, 06 October 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

Lolz..........

You almost had me with the non hater part when you said Canadian..... the you ruined it with the French part. French are about the only people consistently rated ruder and snottier than Americans, lol.

Still and all, I gotta say, I agree with ya. Got some folks on in my unit with a few of those problems, and while I don't wanna tell them to go away, cuz they are cool cats, it kinda dicks over the rest of the unit when they crash out all the time. It happens to everyone now and again (especially on Patch Tuesdays) but serial crashers need to either find a way to upgrade, or something, cuz if you think PUG drops suck with discos and Laggers, try going into 8 v 8 premade vs premade drops and find yourself up against another veteran unit.. when you just had your 2 Atlases disco.

At the very least I wish they would drive a medium or light mech so that you don't end up facing a coupla extra assault mechs.

What can ya do?

#3 Gabz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 October 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

Lolz..........

You almost had me with the non hater part when you said Canadian..... the you ruined it with the French part. French are about the only people consistently rated ruder and snottier than Americans, lol.

Still and all, I gotta say, I agree with ya. Got some folks on in my unit with a few of those problems, and while I don't wanna tell them to go away, cuz they are cool cats, it kinda dicks over the rest of the unit when they crash out all the time. It happens to everyone now and again (especially on Patch Tuesdays) but serial crashers need to either find a way to upgrade, or something, cuz if you think PUG drops suck with discos and Laggers, try going into 8 v 8 premade vs premade drops and find yourself up against another veteran unit.. when you just had your 2 Atlases disco.

At the very least I wish they would drive a medium or light mech so that you don't end up facing a coupla extra assault mechs.

What can ya do?

you can't compare french canadians and france french people... we kinda think they're rude too.. but we don't tell them... we're canadians

#4 William Rahn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 154 posts
  • LocationHilbert space

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

This is a beta test not a released game, you are supposed to test it, though there is no problem with having fun while you are doing it. If someone gets memory errors they are the ones that should be playing as much as possible and submit tickets on where and how they get the errors. If someone's main concern is with winning then the beta is not really the best place for them...

Edited by William Rahn, 06 October 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#5 deathabarbar

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 29 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

i've got a 1 year old computer, runs the game perfectly, but sometimes i got disconnected from the server (i dont know why), it is really annoying, there should be a reconnect button

#6 Gabz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostWilliam Rahn, on 06 October 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

This is a beta test not a released game, you are supposed to test it, though there is no problem with having fun while you are doing it. If someone gets memory errors they are the ones that should be playing as much as possible and submit tickets on where and how they get the errors. If your someones main concern is with winning then the beta is not really the best place for them...

Problem is.. i got some friends having disco problems and they all have 1 thing in common... they don't have minimum requirement for the game... what kind of useful ticket you get out of that ?

#7 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

I agree with William, the beta is for breaking, not playing. Punishing people because they've encountered a bug is counter-intuitive at this stage of the game.

#8 William Rahn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 154 posts
  • LocationHilbert space

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

View PostGabz, on 06 October 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

Problem is.. i got some friends having disco problems and they all have 1 thing in common... they don't have minimum requirement for the game... what kind of useful ticket you get out of that ?

Do they get them an all the maps or not, does it depend on them being in combat, being shot at, shooting and so on...

Minimum requirements are probably based on the tickets anyway and after every patch you have to accumulate a lot of data on how it changes stability.

Edited by William Rahn, 06 October 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#9 aelfkins

• PipPipPip
  • Kavellrist
  • Kavellrist
  • 99 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 October 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

Lolz..........

That's not our fault, they've just had more practice at it.

#10 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

You can tell he's seething with rage but with the Canadian/American rate of conversion makes it sound like mild indignation.

Edited by Hexenhammer, 06 October 2012 - 01:26 PM.

#11 Gabz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

Just don't get me wrong. I totally understand how MechWarrior die hard fans would do anything to play the game.I'd probably give it a shot too. If my computer was under par. I'm talking about COMPLETELY useless people. if you get discoed every 5-6 10 games you know i'm not talking about you... Now a friend of mine was getting kicked ever 2-3 games. People i'm talking about must know who they are. If you can play the game correctly but can't laser or cannon a dashing jenner... i can't blame yah

#12 Gabz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 06 October 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

You can tell he's seething with rage but with the Canadian/American rate of conversion makes it sound like mild indignation.

Nah actually i'm as calm as you can get and I love the game whatsoever.. i'm just saying pug is not that much of a problem compared to those problems

Edited by Gabz, 06 October 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#13 Gabz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

View Postdeathabarbar, on 06 October 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

i've got a 1 year old computer, runs the game perfectly, but sometimes i got disconnected from the server (i dont know why), it is really annoying, there should be a reconnect button

I see that as a good ticket, Never happened to me but it might be latency issues seeing you are european. new servers will probably come in time. What's a bad ticket to me is why do i get disconnected with a memory error i'm running win xp with 2g rams

#14 deathabarbar

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 29 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostGabz, on 06 October 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

I see that as a good ticket, Never happened to me but it might be latency issues seeing you are european. new servers will probably come in time. What's a bad ticket to me is why do i get disconnected with a memory error i'm running win xp with 2g rams

maybe the problem is the win xp

#15 Gabz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

View Postdeathabarbar, on 06 October 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

maybe the problem is the win xp

Game asks for 4gig rams if you get a memory problem and your computer is under requirement you can't complain and probably can't play correctly
+yes you need vista 32 bit as minimum requirements but it still works on xp.

Edited by Gabz, 06 October 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#16 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

I found if I only get 1 of the memory error messages I can just drag it out of my field of view and still play with some sound trouble. than affter the mach I can click ok and close out and reboot the game. If I get 2 than I have no choice but to close it.

#17 Dragonlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostGabz, on 06 October 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

You raise a good point, but if it happens due to latency issues because he is in Europe, then why do not I have the same issue?
It might be more localized to his region rather than Europe in general.

Edited by Dragonlord, 06 October 2012 - 09:20 PM.

#18 Gabz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

View PostDragonlord, on 06 October 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

You raise a good point, but if it happens due to latency issues because he is in Europe, then why do not I have the same issue?
It might be more localized to his region rather than Europe in general.

Yes when i say europe what i mean is FAR could be australia or asia since the game looks like it's made in Canada everyone oversees will probably get at least mediocre latency and for some it might be downright poor. But again the game isn't out yet and i'm sure they won't forget about the rest of the world.

#19 Reitar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

Only problem is the OP getting butthurt, rest of the world is what it is. OP cannot plan around disconnets and other dudes powering down, so he has to rage about it. See, the issue is not with something you cannot control but with what you can control. Bring friends of your own who you know have no issues with their computers, Problem solved. Do not PUG, problem solved. Now, if you pug and someone else disconnets....that is some one elses problem YOU CANNOT CONTROL. The other 2 things I mentioned....you can control. If you are going to get butt hurt over a video game, might as well get butt hurt and yell at some old lady in front of you at the supermarket who is counting coins very slowly...its not like you had no idea that was going to happen, but you should be able to control the fact something was going to happen and cause problems for you.

#20 Gun Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

I agree that abusers should have a shoot on sight tag applied to them but laggers cannot help their issues and they do at least try. Disco players with computer issues do not bother me but the ones who do it on purpose need to be BANNED.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users