13 replies to this topic

#1 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

ALOT ppl can no longer play because of too low fps since sayd patch. the recent patch did not touch this problem at all.
the cataphrakt patch resultet in a 20-40% drop in fps for the majority of the players no matter of what hardware they use. for a hugh number of players who where able to play well for month this pushed the fps below the playable border.
this is a known issue to pgi but they refuse to revert the changes of the cataphrakt patch as emergency fix untill the issue is found and solved.
i dont say they have to fix it faster etc, i bet they would have fixed it already if they could, i say its a shame that they dont do a simple client roleback, they can make the game work again for most ppl within houres but decided against it.
this is open beta , every day new player download the game and try it out. a markable portion of this new players find the game not running with a playable fps and deinstall again. this players will NEVER come back. every single day this game runs in its current performance shape reduce the potential future paying customers numbers and pgi seems to not care.

pgi, why are you doing this? dont want customers? dont want to have a job in 1 year?
you have a easy solution at hand to stop the dammage on the customerbase one a temporary base untill you have found a permanent solution why dont you use it? why dont you simply revert all non content changes to pre cataphrakt patch?
making a error is not a katastroph, failing to even try to correct sayd error is.

#2 Greiva

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

I had fine FPS up until the patch yesterday, then it went to crap in a lot of matches.

Edited by Greiva, 28 November 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#3 8RoundsRapid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 301 posts
  • Locationupriver

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostMahKraah, on 28 November 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

ALOT ppl can no longer play because of too low fps since sayd patch. the recent patch did not touch this problem at all.
the cataphrakt patch resultet in a 20-40% drop in fps for the majority of the players

This is false and the OP is making shizt up.

#4 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

I'm not sure where you're getting "20-40%" drop from. I personally have had much better performance since the Cataphract patch.

But that's how it happens, you change something and it improves for some and worsens for others.

#5 Attalward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 382 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

View Post8RoundsRapid, on 28 November 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

This is false and the OP is making shizt up.

It happended to me. I cannot play any more.

#6 8RoundsRapid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 301 posts
  • Locationupriver

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostAttalward, on 28 November 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

It happended to me. I cannot play any more.

I'm sorry for your issues, but the OP is still making stuff up and pulling numbers out of his arse.

#7 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

...please use spellcheck.

#8 AlixX

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

The OP just expects it to run on his stone old pc. There are minimum specs. Mybe look at them and u will understand why its going slow. If not byeeeeeee.....

#9 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

i got my information from the patch performance thread.
hundreds of ppl complained there after the cataphrakt patch.
and after the new patch, yesterday, its already 117 posts again.

the 20-40% numbers is a rough summary of the reported numbers there and fits to my experience.
i still can play, just. had full hd and medium settings with 25-45fps before and playing now with 1360x768
everything at low and aa , motionblur off with 30 walking 15-25 in normal combat, if autocannons or missiles fire at the frontside of my mech (shake, flash, smoke effects) i even drop below10. patch feedback for last patch was littered with such reports and after just 1 day past new patch already 117 ppl posted that nothing improved and some even dropped again..ppl that ran battlefield3 in full hd at max settings and 50+ fps are dropping below 25 in mwo since said patch....
just because you dont read the patch feedback and dont experiance such fps drops dont mean they dont happen.

krivvan : thats interesting, you are the first person reporting such. can you report this in the patch performance feedback topic together with your hard and software setting? might help to find a fix.

alixx: my computer by far exeeds the minimum system specs and i still play.
fps drops after patch are frequently reported by ppl who by FAR exeed recomended system specs
athlon2 x3 @3.3 ghz radeon 6850 4 gig ram win 7 64 sp1 gfx card even exeed recomended

one medic army: thy for your advice....... nothing constructive to add to the topic?

#10 8RoundsRapid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 301 posts
  • Locationupriver

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostMahKraah, on 28 November 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

i got my information from the patch performance thread.

the 20-40% numbers is a rough summary of the reported numbers there and fits to my experience

Yup. Arse numbers. Thanks for admitting your numbers were completely made up and fabricated based on faulty at best info.

#11 Jessie the Android

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

I'm not going to dump gas on the fire, but I've been alright since I signed up.

Specs:
Core i5 w/ turbo OC @ 4.0Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengence RAM
ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
2x 256GB Samsung 830 series SSD
Gigabyte Windforce 7950OC w/ latest drivers.

It doesn't quite perform like I would expect (avg 50 fps), but again, it's still in beta. I'm pretty sure most of their programming resources are being poured into rewriting the netcode.

#12 OneManWar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

OP is right though, a lot of people have had severe performance drops since the November patches. Myself, I used to (September and October) run at 50-60 FPS at 1920x1080 on high settings. Now in combat I drop to about 12-18 frames. I've tried tweaking, changing every in game setting, reinstalling, windows updating, changing vid card settings, changing processor priority and nothing has worked. The November patches killed my performance. Previously it the game would tax my video card and I would hear the fan revving high in a game (dynamic fan rate) not my vid card doesnt rev anymore but my CPU is nearing max. Something changed in November and not for the better on my end.

*** Edit, i5-2320 quad core, 506ti, 8GB or ram. Every other game I have, including new ones, I can run on max settings. I could previously get 50-60 out of thise. Now on low I cant get more than 18 in action. Something is not right.

Edited by OneManWar, 28 November 2012 - 01:02 PM.

#13 anonymous175

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

It's because they changed the forum background.

#14 puratech

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostAlixX, on 28 November 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

The OP just expects it to run on his stone old pc. There are minimum specs. Mybe look at them and u will understand why its going slow. If not byeeeeeee.....

And like the OP says, new players will try MWO and beta or not they'll often not bother when they see that it doesnt run on their "stone old pc". Most of these PCs are above the minimum specs anyway, but theyll assume possibly rightly that they need better.

The main point though is that for a lot of us who like the OP cannot play since that patch, we could play perfectly fine before on the previous version of the client.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users