53 replies to this topic

#1 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Let me be clear in saying this... I am not gloating or being facetious.

The fact of the matter is that I have not experienced virtually any of the "game stopping" bugs, glitches or crashes that has / is plaguing what appears to be a sizable number of members.

Oh to be sure, I've had an odd glitch here or there but nothing of the rampant nature as detailed thus far... I read what's happening to many and can't help but wonder if we're play the same game? :huh:

Game play... rock solid. Pings... low to middle double digits. Frame-rates... 30s to 60s. GUI... no problems thus far. and on..and on.. and on..

Hell, even playing as a stubborn PUG, I'm enjoying myself immensely and generally do fairly well...

I just don't get it...

I hope there's more folks in this community who's experience is more akin to mine for the sake of this project we all love so much. That said I really, really hope those of you struggling to enjoy this game receive a viable and expedient solution to what ever ails your experience thus far...

MW:O has so much potential and it's just seems unfair that not everyone has had a real opportunity to experience it in all it's glory. Sadly I fear too many folks will not have the patience to ride it out. :P

Edited by DaZur, 27 November 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#2 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

just for reference, what are your PC specs?
I have framerate issues but thats about it
the game can be playable at times but other times its like a slideshow...

Edited by yashmack, 27 November 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#3 Rifter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

No, but ive also seen with my own eyes most of the bugs and am getting a CTD at least every 4 games i play.

I have a yellow or black screen bug once every 2-3 days, a CTD every 4 games played and always in the middle of a firefight at the worst possible time. And the FPS is so erratic its insane, some games i get 60 FPS some games im lucky to pull 15 FPS.

The game is damn near unplayable, what i usually do now i fire it up when i get home and play till i get my first CTD then stop, which is never more than 45 min after i start.

One thing is for sure though my PS2 playtime is on a serious rise and my MWO playtime is tanking fast, if they dont adress some of the more serious issues(CTD's) fast ill probably drop MWO entirely untill at least the main bugs are worked out.

#4 8RoundsRapid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 301 posts
  • Locationupriver

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

Pretty much same experience as myself, OP. The only difference for me is I usually ping around ~140.

By and large bug free. had some mechlab issues for about 2 days, but they apparently fixed themselves.

I certainly don't feel guilty about it though.

#5 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

View Postyashmack, on 27 November 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

just for reference, what are your PC specs?
I have framerate issues but thats about it
the game can be playable at times but other times its like a slideshow...

Win 7 64 bit
AMD FX 4100 Quad
8 Gig of RAM
GeForce 550Ti

Everything at stock speeds, all drivers current and system highly tweaked with All-in-one reg cleaners / optimizers.

#6 SteelPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 715 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

My framerate is crap despite having a pretty hardcore video card and I've UI bugged far more often than I'd like, so I'm totally guilt free. :P

Also, I need to cave and find a clan because PUG play has got me to the point of wanting to eat my own PPC.

EDIT: $#%^! You should feel guilty! I've got a ******* GTX 670 and 30 FPS is my UPPER bound, not the lower. :huh:

Edited by SteelPaladin, 27 November 2012 - 11:15 PM.

#7 Dr Killinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

I've been very lucky thus far, but my lancemates have not.

#8 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostDaZur, on 27 November 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

Win 7 64 bit
AMD FX 4100 Quad
8 Gig of RAM
GeForce 550Ti

Everything at stock speeds, all drivers current and system highly tweaked with All-in-one reg cleaners / optimizers.

ive been thinking of upgrading to the FX-4100 from my old core 2 duo
Im glad to hear a system using that chip is playing MWO without problems :)'
thanks!

#9 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostSteelPaladin, on 27 November 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

My framerate is crap despite having a pretty hardcore video card and I've UI bugged far more often than I'd like, so I'm totally guilt free. :P

Also, I need to cave and find a clan because PUG play has got me to the point of wanting to eat my own PPC.

EDIT: $#%^! You should feel guilty! I've got a ******* GTX 670 and 30 FPS is my UPPER bound, not the lower. :huh:

This is the experiences that make me scratch my head...

While you didn't mention the rest of your system, I can only presume it's pretty decent and with that GPU there should be no reason your experience is not similar to mine! Sorry mate... :)

#10 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

View Postyashmack, on 27 November 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

ive been thinking of upgrading to the FX-4100 from my old core 2 duo
Im glad to hear a system using that chip is playing MWO without problems :)'
thanks!

Funny you say that... That's exactly what I just did. I dumped my Core Duo and got a bare-bones AMD system. Case, Mobo, Memory, Power and processor only set me back $280.00 :P

I know it's not high-end any more but It's hitting a good price-to-performance ratio for me right now...

#11 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

I've had very few real issues. There are bugs and issues but nothing that would stop me from playing.

#12 SteelPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 715 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostDaZur, on 27 November 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

This is the experiences that make me scratch my head...

While you didn't mention the rest of your system, I can only presume it's pretty decent and with that GPU there should be no reason your experience is not similar to mine! Sorry mate... :P

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure it's my CPU. It's an old Phenom X4 9650 (quad core, but only 2.3 GHz cores). It doesn't bother any of my other games because the GPU is more than capable of handling all the heavy lifting, but MWO REALLY seems to want the CPU to do a lot of the work.

Thus, I'm stuck w/a muscular GPU that never ratchets up past 60% utilization in MWO yet will never give me better than 30 FPS.

Edited by SteelPaladin, 27 November 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#13 Taizan

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

I've had some nights where 9/10 matches were unplayable because of glitches (missing textures, CTD, 4FPS, FPS drops, yellow screen etc. these are the ones that usually stick, because like most people I tend to remember negative experiences for a longer time period.

In general gameplay has been ok, with the occasional 4FPs bug. Restarting the client after running into these bugs usually let me continue playing without any major issues for another 15-20 matches.

And yes the game is massively fun!

#14 Secundus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

I frequently get CTD every 7 or 8 rounds, Mechlab freeze ups requiring restart when changing loadouts, overpower down bug happens way too frequently where I power back up and can move but my UI and weapons think I'm still powered down. I don't really get any low FPS or major lag issues. The gameplay at its core is functioning fine, even the bugs I can deal with, I'm just starting to hate this game mode with a seething passion and I think the pricing model is so out to lunch that if they don't change it this game will go down faster than a 2 dollar ****.

#15 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

I am basically free of bugs aswell despite one here and there... I just report them occasionally as I want the game to be better than it is. I don´t find the balance as horrible as people point it out. Would the players all be - hypothetically speaking - on the same level with the same knowledge I guess there wouldn´t be all the rant about things. I´d like to have a better ping but I am from Germany and we don´t have EU-servers yet. So I will just wait. Some random slight bugs here and there... some balance tweaking here and there... meh. I have seen worse. Bigger companies had made worse things (e.g. Diablo III etc.).

I think this is mostly because this gameplay we see here is not what this generation of gamers is used to. Keep calm.

#16 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

I'm riding it out but I'm a Legendary and former MW fan. People that aren't these things are probably leaving soon after they arrive. The new player experience on this game is wretched. If you don't already know Battletech/MW stuff, you're going to be totally lost. If you aren't a Founders or don't drop $ for MC, then you're going to spend forever to get even middle priced Mechs.

#17 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

I'm in the same boat as you Dazur... In my case, I never really complained about bugs and such because I never really experienced any... I've been more of a "balance" kind of guy.... since I could focus on that part of the game.

But, with last patch, I'm one of those with the crazy sound stutter/audio overload issue, which makes the game a lot less enjoyable. Actually, I decided to play Dishonored while they find a solution to this problem.

#18 DivideByZer0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

This might be a good opportunity to remind people:
-Make sure you have downloaded the latest .net framework
-Make sure directx is updated(a good precaution, even though we're dx9 currently)
-Make sure you have downloaded the latest graphics card drivers (I noticed nVidia recently released a rendering update for MWO)
-It just helps to generally make sure everything is up to date.

#19 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostSybreed, on 27 November 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

But, with last patch, I'm one of those with the crazy sound stutter/audio overload issue, which makes the game a lot less enjoyable. Actually, I decided to play Dishonored while they find a solution to this problem.

My sound (on-board what-ever-the heck-it-is) is "okay" with this last patch... BBetty clips a bit when there's a lot of in-game noise happening all at once. I suspect they are overloading the audio channels...

Personally I could do with out hearing her complain... An option to mute Betty would be nice IMHO. :P

#20 SteelPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 715 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

View PostDaZur, on 27 November 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

Personally I could do with out hearing her complain... An option to mute Betty would be nice IMHO. :P

Menu > Options > Dialog Volume to 0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users