#21 TheMightyWashburn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 281 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 28 November 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

I can't believe this is actually a thread.

They took the "I WIN" button out of my mech too.... I WANT A REFUND

I cant believe you are allowed out of the cellar, yet here you are. Misunderstanding a discussion thread with no animosity in it and adding unneeded and unwanted ignorance and trollery.

Edited by TheMightyWashburn, 28 November 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#22 Ardney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • 171 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

RE: Headshots being 'easy', they are....provided the enemy is standing completely still. Now how often does that happen? Your target needs to be either overheated or distracted (sniping, LRM locking, etc). If there's any kind of motion going on it becomes a different story entirely. Now you have to manage your movement, their movement, possibly both targetting reticules (depending on your setup) and the terrain as even the slightest change in elevation can screw up your shot at the last moment.

I more or less agree with OP about certain mechs being unusually hard to headshot but I think it comes down to the way information is conveyed ingame. The fact that the 'glass' portions of the mechs don't always correspond with the actual cockpit hitboxes is counter-intuitive for most players. I honestly think that a better solution than simply customizing each cockpit hitbox would be to redo the models so that the glass always corresponds with the cockpits, however large it is deemed they should be. This way players can easily, and immediately understand all the rules in play. The Atlas is obviously a special case but then, I still can't consistently put damage on their cockpits after all this time. :D

Edited by Ardney, 28 November 2012 - 06:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users