Lb-10X Ac Vs Ac 10

78 replies to this topic

Poll: LB vs AC10 (319 member(s) have cast votes)

LB vs AC10

1. Voted LB (171 votes [51.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.51%

2. AC10 (161 votes [48.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Infavol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

pros and cons of each?

#2 Carrioncrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

I run a Dragon with x4 med lasers and a LBX-10

Someone show's me their back and I alpha with the Med's which typically takes off the Rear Armor followed by the LBX.

Few times I've 2 shot with the lucky crit.

You defiantly can't snipe with it due to the spread, but it's a nice point blank weapon.

#3 Wrenchfarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

Seem like two different weapons. One is for general range work and the other is a close in killer. I'm not sure a direct comparison is apt.

#4 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

I never really likd AC10. LBX10 has spread and doesn't require precise aiming, while UAC5 is lighter and provides same, if not greater, damage output..

#5 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

UAC5 - rapid-fire DPS long range.
AC10 - holepuncher mid range.
LB-X 10 - crit-hitter short range.
All of them play different role and works for different range.
Between LB-X and AC10 I will choose AC10 - more precise and doesnt worth 800k CBills for nothing. The only drawback is projectile speed, which will be tweaked soon as announced.

#6 p00k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostDivineEvil, on 28 November 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

not really

2) Each time the internal structure of a Mech takes damage, there is a chance that the hit will cause at least 1 critical hit. There is a 25% chance of causing 1 critical hit, a 14% chance of causing 2 critical hits, and a 3% chance of causing 3 critical hits (for a total of a 42% chance of any sort of critical hit). Each critical hit will randomly hit a weapon or piece of equipment in that location; the chance of a particular piece of equipment being hit is proportional to how many critical slots it occupies. Each critical hit damages the weapon/equipment an amount equal to the damage that caused the critical hit.

For example, an Atlas AS7-D is hit with an AC/5, for 5 damage to its left torso’s internal structure. The attacker gets lucky and this results in 3 critical hits. Two of the crits hit the LRM 20 and 1 hits the heat sink. The heat sink will take 5 damage and the LRM 20 will take 10 (5 x 2 = 10).

Currently, all engines have 15 points of health while all other items have 10. One of the changes going through QA right now, and that will be applied to an upcoming patch, is lowering the health of the Gauss rifle to 3 points. And, sometime soon, we plan on doing a full pass on the health of all the items.

Critical damage to the side torso hit boxes of XL engines deals damage to the engine as a whole. However, it should be noted that, currently, critical damage to your engine will not disable it, but simply add to your repair bill. This is likely to change when we do the pass on the health values.

aka, lbx sucks for hitting crits and actually seeing an effect

only advantage to lbx is that, in some mechs most notably the atlas, you can cram 2 lbx's into that RT but not 2 ac10's. otherwise, the ac10 has an effect each time it crits, will do 10 damage each time you hit with it, will do all 10 damage to one spot when you hit with it, and is useful over much longer ranges.

for that matter i'd take 2 ac5's over 2 lbx10's in an atlas RT. against enemy assaults, you'll land half your pellets on the same component only within <200m; smaller mechs you have to get even closer. which means, beyond 200m (or closer for smaller targets) the ac5 does as much meaningful damage as the lbx10 per trigger pull, meaningful damage being damage to whatever part you're trying to destroy.

#7 Laniarty

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 67 posts
  • LocationBNE, Australia

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

Well in that case would you take 2x LBX10 over 1 AC20? 2xLBX10 is more weight for the same damage and AC20 is all in one location instead of spread.

Are crits in game? LBX seems to be a monster when internals are exposed.

#8 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

The LBX is great for crits and great for general brawling AND light killing. It is much easier to hit lights and hit their critical areas, I have gotten very good results with this. My Muromets runs this as its hip AC and it works wonders.

#9 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostCerlin, on 07 December 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

The LBX is great for crits and great for general brawling AND light killing. It is much easier to hit lights and hit their critical areas, I have gotten very good results with this. My Muromets runs this as its hip AC and it works wonders.

LB10-X is not great for crit-seeking, this was explained a bit higher up in the thread with the accompanying information on how crits work. An AC/10 is the better crit-seeker since it only needs one of the most common crit types to to destroy an item, it has far greater range, and it is the fastest firing weapon (2.5s) that can seek one shot crits on 10 HP items.

#10 Glo Worm

• PipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

I run a dragon with LB-10X and two MG in right arm - just hold down the button for light mech removal.

#11 Kai Allard-Liao

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

I've always been a fan of the LBX.

#12 themoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 589 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

Yeah they serve different purposes. AC/10 is a decently balanced, decent ranged weapon of a big punch.

LBXs are for super close range, tearing into already weakened mechs.

#13 AllOuttaBubbleGum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

Put me in the it "depends" camp. I run both (most often lbx) I like grouping them with srms and seems to work well, especially if a light gets in the way.

#14 SC1P1O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

Benefit of ac 10, long range accuracy, and up close if you see a shoulder or arm thats hurting a focused 10 damage is more likely to destroy the component. This leads to a kill or a nudering much more quickly than shooting several times with an lbx 10 which means in the long run of the battle your mech takes less damage and you survive much longer, does require accuracy though.

#15 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

If they ever allow us to use slug ammo for the LBX It will be superior in every way to the AC/10, except in initial purchase price. So it's possible they'll never add it In order to keep the AC/10 more relevant.

#16 De La Fresniere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

I don't like the AC/10. It's heavy and generates too much heat per damage compared to the AC/5.

But the LB10-X is just so very bad... the pellet/spread effect is the worst; it makes it hard to get all pellets to hit and practically impossible to target a specific section, it negates the weapon's theoretical range, and it very, very strongly decreases the weapon's ability to crit.

Speaking of which, people keep saying it's good for crits, which is just plain ridiculous. Unless you're targeting a section with a Gauss in it, it's actually terrible at crits, much worse than an AC/10. The AC/10, if it does crit, *will* break something. LB10-X ammo, assuming you get a good number of pellets to hit a single exposed section, does a bunch crits, yes... tiny crits distributed to all of the items in that section. It's like you're *trying* not to break anything in there.

Its only advantage, if you can call it that, is the same as a real-world hunting shotgun's. Since it fires a bunch of pellets, you can fire in the general direction of a small target and it's likely that a few pellets will hit (where a normal rifle would require perfect aim or its single bullet would do nothing). So if you're particularly bad at aiming with ACs, an LB10-X might let you score *some* damage. At 3 or 4 total damage (on different sections of your opponent's mech) per shot, you might just get that Raven down before the 15 minutes expire.

I use a Gauss. It's got serious downsides, but it's nowhere near as bad.

EDIT: Also, the poll was created incorrectly. They should be circles and force you to pick one answer. Right now you can check both options.

Edited by De La Fresniere, 22 December 2012 - 09:38 AM.

#17 hazeman

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

With the LB you could fire away and it is guaranteed that the shot will hit. :lol: Perfect with me that plays in Asia with the 200++ms ping time. With the AC10 it is heavier, and the probability that it will miss is higher.

So im voting for the LB 10X

#18 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Between LB-X and AC10 I will choose AC10 - more precise and doesnt worth 800k CBills for nothing. The only drawback is projectile speed, which will be tweaked soon as announced.

again...

I think I'll have to post this in every LBX thread.

STOP SPREADING THE CRIT SEEKING MYTH OF THE LBX, IT'S A ******* LIE IN THIS GAME.

YES IT SEEKS CRITS IN TT, NOT HERE, AC/10 IS BETTER FOR THAT.

View PostLaniarty, on 29 November 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

Well in that case would you take 2x LBX10 over 1 AC20? 2xLBX10 is more weight for the same damage and AC20 is all in one location instead of spread.

Are crits in game? LBX seems to be a monster when internals are exposed.

No, it's not, again, it's a myth. It does less crits than the AC/10 because of PGI's crit system.

It's like the 100th times I need to say this on these forums.

Edited by Sybreed, 22 December 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#19 De La Fresniere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

I was so pissed off at the LB10-X's garbageness that I just tried it for half a dozen matches in a row.

As predicted, my damage remained constant but most of that damage was wasted on sections that I wasn't aiming for.

You can do 100 damage to someone and kill them, while you can do 300 damage to them and not kill them. Putting the damage on the right parts matters a lot, and the LB10-X fails in that respect.

#20 UntouchableNC

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

The problem is that the AC10 and UAC5 work at close range too, and if you can aim then they work even better than the LBX. However the LBX does nothing out beyond close range.

Edited by UntouchableNC, 22 December 2012 - 03:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users