Weekly Screenshot 27!

24 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

And here we are, another Thursday, another screenshot!

We did do a Cataphract last week, and here it is again - but this is the Ilya Muromets, and I think it deserves its own weekly screenshot. Shown are the Cameron Stars of the Star League, featured heavily all across the Mech. Also shown is the rather intimidating loadout of the following: AC/10, dual AC/5s, two medium lasers, and a small laser.

Now that is something I will definitely be shooting at from behind.

Posted Image

So, we hope you like this new addition, and we'll see you in the game!

If you have requests for future shots, let us know!

Cheers, The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Ewigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

I would really like to actually like this mech....
but i tried the trial cataphract yesterday and i couldn't do ANYTHING with that slow peace of junk :(

#3 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

Where is the Orion concept art??

About the hero mech, it is cool and I will probably buy it... But please, consider adding "real" hero mechs. There are lots of canon designs out there that people would be much more happy to pilot than plain new creations. Some examples:

--------------------------------------
Jenner JR-7K Grace (Endo Steel, Ferro Fibrous)

LA 1e (medium laser)
LT 1m [probably 3m] (NARC)
CT
H
RT
RA 1e (medium laser)

Jenner JR-7K Samuli (XL Engine, Ferro Fibrous)

LA 2e (2 medium lasers)
LT
CT
H
RT
RA 2e, 1m [probably 2m] (2 medium lasers, LRM15)

Dragon Yorioshi DRG-2Y

LA 1e (medium laser)
LT
CT 1m, 1e (srm4, flamer)
H 1e (small laser)
RT
RA 1e [probably 2e] (large laser)

Atlas AS7-D Danielle

LA 3e (3 medium lasers)
LT 1m (LRM20)
CT
H
RT 1b (AC/20)
RA 3e (3 medium lasers)

I'm sure we can find more out there.

#4 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

"CTF-IM Cataphract "Ilya Muromets" - Grigori Kovalenko's variant runs 2 Medium Lasers, 2 AC/5s, 1 AC/10, 1 Small Laser (This is a non-canon 'Mech, specifically designed for MechWarrior Online). " www.sarna.net

Why are we introducing non-canon 'Mechs? Is this a prelude to new 'Mechs on the horizon? And who is Grigori Kovalenko? I'm just curious as to the source of this character's information.

Edit: Ok, found this infomation presented Here.

Am I correct in assuming (I hate to use that word) that this is where we start "writing our own history" (thus non-canononical Unit names and such)?

Edited by Morgana, 29 November 2012 - 05:21 AM.

#5 Stingz

• 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

View PostMorgana, on 29 November 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

"CTF-IM Cataphract "Ilya Muromets" - Grigori Kovalenko's variant runs 2 Medium Lasers, 2 AC/5s, 1 AC/10, 1 Small Laser (This is a non-canon 'Mech, specifically designed for MechWarrior Online). " www.sarna.net

Why are we introducing non-canon 'Mechs? Is this a prelude to new 'Mechs on the horizon? And who is Grigori Kovalenko?

There isn't very much to go on in terms of custom Cataphracts. This is still better than the melee-less Yen-Lo-Wang.

I much perfer useable hardpoints over a terrible but famous mech.

Edited by Stingz, 29 November 2012 - 04:37 AM.

#6 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

View PostStingz, on 29 November 2012 - 04:36 AM, said:

There isn't very much to go on in terms of custom Cataphracts. This is still better than the melee-less Yen-Lo-Wang.

I much perfer useable hardpoints over a terrible but famous mech.

Can't we have both? (usable hardpoints AND famous mechs)
And they could add a better Yen-Lo-Wang, the YLW2 (with 3 MPLs).

#7 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

I think it's great they are designing some of their own characters/mechs. I hope we see a nice mix of canon and original hero mechs.

#8 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

indeed!! Posted Image

#9 Crayzed Lyon

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

View PostThontor, on 29 November 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Every mechwarrior game to date is considered non canon and has "written their own history". And those were big events, well documented outside the game as happening quite differently than they do in game... Literally re-writing the history.

The Inner Sphere is a big place... With more battles and heroes than could possibly be written about. I see nothing wrong with PGI filling in some holes with their own backstory.

This.

This makes sense. There's no reason to drawn only from the old stuff. Making new characters and events alongside the old keeps the world alive and growing.

#10 pesco

• 1,008 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

It's full of stars!

#11 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

The paint job makes it rather hard to see the details of the pattern, I think the contrast between the blue/white stars and the tan background color are the problem. I bet if you make the background color like a dark gray, black, or dark blue it might look a lot better!

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 29 November 2012 - 06:46 AM.

#12 Ceribus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 230 posts
  • LocationVancouver Canada

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

View PostThontor, on 29 November 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Every mechwarrior game to date is considered non canon and has "written their own history". And those were big events, well documented outside the game as happening quite differently than they do in game... Literally re-writing the history.

Think of what MWO is doing as telling the untold stories, that we havent heard yet... The Inner Sphere is a big place... With more battles and heroes than could possibly be written about. I see nothing wrong with PGI filling in some holes with their own backstory.

My only condition to this is that they need to tell the story, nothing huge not asking them to publish a novel but at least a few paragraphs to give us a feel for the character and just how awesome his mech is would probably do wonders to sell it...if they don't have anyone on staff who feels they can do it justice pin down a fanfic author and give them some MC in exchange for writing the story of the venerable (or nefarious) Grigori Kovalenko. Heck they could post a contest and pick the best or post a series of them

Edit for missed words and spelling

Edited by Ceribus, 29 November 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#13 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostCeribus, on 29 November 2012 - 07:34 AM, said:

My only condition to this is that they need to tell the story, nothing huge not asking them to publish a novel but at least a few paragraphs to give us a feel for the character and just how awesome his mech is would probably do wonders to sell it...if they don't have anyone on staff who feels they can do it justice pin down a fanfic author and give them some MC in exchange for writing the story of the venerable (or nefarious) Grigori Kovalenko. Heck they could post a contest and pick the best or post a series of them

the story was here:

http://mwomercs.com/...-ilya-muromets/

#14 Ceribus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 230 posts
  • LocationVancouver Canada

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 29 November 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

Sweet thanks, no clue how I missed that :D

#15 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

I still think a Hero GeoAvanti's Caesar would have been a much more interesting choice for a Cataphract variant.

Also, it seems super hard to make out the Cameron Stars.

#16 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Why ever does it matter if the Hero mech is a "Real" hero mech.

When there's several of them in a game (and I've seen games with 2 to 4 Wangs on BOTH teams) then it's not likely that anyone is going to confuse the player for the "Real" hero.

They're all imaginary, and asking for the "real" hero mechs is like saying you're looking for the "Real" killer. Absolutely ridiculous.

#17 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostCrayzed Lyon, on 29 November 2012 - 06:00 AM, said:

This makes sense. There's no reason to drawn only from the old stuff. Making new characters and events alongside the old keeps the world alive and growing.

Adrienne Vorton was a non-canon character in MechWarrior p´n´p / Battletech (mine, to be accurate ;) ) and makes an appearence in MWO ^^ well, Adrienne was no real hero, more of the anti-hero type, so no...i don´t demand my own hero-mech ...i build my own :(

with other words: if PGI keeps a nice and enjoyable mix of canon and non-canon stories, and doesn´t get on a path that makes Dark Age look like CBT in it´s purest^^ then i am totally fine with it...

(Hm...the Archer "AdrienneVorton" would be cool though :D)

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 29 November 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#18 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

Those Cameron stars could use a lot more contrast, I suggest either darkening the mech and leaving them light, or vice versa.

#19 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

Nice Screen. I do however prefer your action screens. Can we start getting some cool battledamaged ones, like when a cent is ripped to shreds with its underbits showing?

#20 garx8

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

Stop giving us new stuff(except 8 man teams back) till you fix the MAJOR bugs in this game!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users