#21 VictoryRoad

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:25 AM

View PostWild Hog, on 05 November 2011 - 05:08 AM, said:

~S~ Howdy Victory

Nice collection man, I only have 1 through 5, and only got them recently when my girlfriend's kid was moving and throwing them out.

~S~ Wild Hog.
Well I made up a list of what I'm missing and there is a lot of Dark Age Missing. I so forgot I have Storms of Fate Signed by Loren Coleman back when I played Table Top with him. So I made a trip to a few used book store and what did I find? 1st printing of Decision at Thunder Rift :) I only have a third printing from 1988.

#22 anonymous218

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

Awesome collection, OP. You even have room to keep them nicely displayed.

#23 Lori Carlyle

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

I've got around 15-20 of them, just started to pick them up via my Kindle.

#24 Tsula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 516 posts
  • LocationNew Alavon

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

I have all the Pre-Dark Age novels and all the Dark age one. Plus the two from battlecorps with some short stories in them ya I love my battletech fiction.

#25 Suicidal Mushroom

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 41 posts
  • LocationHorten Norway

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

Posted Image

#26 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

heh part of me wants to post my collection, but at the same time, part of me doesn't want to show how worn a lot of em are (about due to begin the run through again)

The one thing I haven't kept up with was the MWDA stuff. Otherwise its the same as everyone else here, although i wish i had a fresh set of the Warrior Trilogy, in original covers along with an Issue 1 of Heir to The Dragon. My current ones are either falling apart (warrior) or 2nd release (Heir to the Dragon) :D

I guess the newer authors just didnt catch my imagination the Way Stackpole and Charrette did back then. :)

#27 Tsula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 516 posts
  • LocationNew Alavon

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

View Postchewie, on 07 November 2011 - 01:21 PM, said:

I guess the newer authors just didnt catch my imagination the Way Stackpole and Charrette did back then. :)

Ya I agree the Darkage stuff is well up ok. Their are some good ones in that run. Honestly can't wait for Shadows of Faith by Loren L. Coleman to come out. Saddly it keeps getting pushed back to a later realease date, and not even listed any more for pre order. If I read German I love to get my hands on some of those books as well but I can't. Well guess that's a goal learn german to read more books lol.

#28 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

I'm still missing 5 of the classic novels. (not to mention, apart from a bunch of mwda novels, I don't have any of the newer books)
It's a shame they're out of print, makes them really hard to find.

#29 Deathwarrior

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationGalesburg MI

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:48 AM

View PostKnowBuddy, on 04 November 2011 - 11:23 AM, said:

These are the books that take place between ~3024 and ~3049:
  • Decision at Thunder Rift
  • Mercenary's Star
  • The Sword and the Dagger
  • Warrior: En Garde
  • Warrior: Riposte
  • The Price of Glory
  • Warrior Coupe
  • Way of the Clans
  • Bloodname
These are the books that take place between ~3050 and ~3055:
  • Lethal Heritage
  • Blood Legacy
  • Lost Destiny
  • Falcon Guard
  • Exodus Road
  • Wolf Pack
  • Main Event
  • Ideal War
  • Natural Selection
  • Assumption of Risk
  • Blood of Heroes
(The last two of the first set and much of the second set are Clan focused or deal with the Clan Invasion, so those aren't likely to be relevant till a bit after launch.) (I may have missed a few, this is just out of a file I had around which I haven't verified for completeness).

You forget to add two Pre 3049 books, Wolves on the Boarder and Heir to the Dragon. Wolves on the Boarder is one of the greater 4thSW books IMO, out shinning the Warrior Trilogy. Heir to the Dragon gives excellent back ground knowledge of House Kurita and the only novel to focus on the War of 3039. Robert N. Charrette is probabley my favorite classic battletech author. I wish he was able to produce a story based off of Snord's Irregulars to tie into his other Wolfs Dragoons novels.

The collection the OP has looks very similar to my old one. I spent my teenage years going to Barnes and Nobels to pick up the latest FASA ROC release. In the end my collection spanned over 50 novels I beleive, missing only Assumption of Risk, The Sword and the Dagger, one of the stand alone Mechwarrior novels, and the last Camacho's Caballeros book. In the end, after multiple read throughs of the entire collection from my teenage years and on, I decided to part ways with my collection in 2009 for over $300. With the prevelance of ereaders and electronic copies, I think I got out just in time to max out on profit. I miss the nostalgic effect of looking at my book shelf and seeing only Battletech Novels, but with having two kids now they would most likely be stuck in a box never to return to the light of day.

#30 Naughtyboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:45 AM

i got all "old" battletech books bu the 1st one(chronological order) decsision at thunders rift..better reading a rainy day ? no way..think i "ploweed through them more then 5 times totally......think i have to bring them out of the shelf and take a pic and upload them :)

Edited by Naughtyboy, 11 November 2011 - 07:47 AM.

#31 Cattra Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:19 AM

I'll see if I can snap a picture later today of my collection but so far it goes like this:

25 Battletech Classic novels, all of Dark Age, Mechwarrior: First Edition, Second Edition and Battletech: A Time of War.

I'm slowly gaining the Classic novels but they don't show up much here in Canada at used book stores that often and to order them from the states it starts usually at 10$ S&H per book which is not that bad but still not that great.

#32 KnowBuddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:34 AM

View PostDeathwarrior, on 11 November 2011 - 04:48 AM, said:

You forget to add two Pre 3049 books, Wolves on the Boarder and Heir to the Dragon. Wolves on the Boarder is one of the greater 4thSW books IMO, out shinning the Warrior Trilogy. Heir to the Dragon gives excellent back ground knowledge of House Kurita and the only novel to focus on the War of 3039. Robert N. Charrette is probabley my favorite classic battletech author. I wish he was able to produce a story based off of Snord's Irregulars to tie into his other Wolfs Dragoons novels.

Good point, I had excluded Wolves on the Border and Heir to the Dragon because they begin prior to the 3024 cutoff I had arbitrarily set, but they do indeed cover a good portion of the pre 3049 period. Thanks, I've edited my post with the list to include them.

#33 Belial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

Just managed to snag a good copy of "Prince of Havoc" by Michael A. Stackpole. I never got to complete my Twilight of the Clans series. Time to fix that!

#34 Grotonomus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 367 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMorningside, Pandora OA, Tamar March, Lyran Space, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:34 AM

View PostVictoryRoad, on 03 November 2011 - 08:30 PM, said:

Only missing some Dark Age books.

Posted Image

HA! That looks like my bookshelf! Add the Dresden Files on the Shelf below that and about a billion history books from way too many years of college.

#35 MilitantMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

Just about finished with my collection as well. Then it's on to the First Edition copies. ;)

#36 Aescwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

wow what a pretty collection, i think when i got my new PC sorted out i might go and find and buy the novels myself.

#37 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

Just finished Double-Blind, onto Main Event by Jim Long
Like I said earlier here is my collection so far, minus my TRO's and Mechwarrior Roleplay rule books.

Posted Image

#38 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

Ehrm can I ask you guys which books I should read to get deeper into the Clan lore and Invasion time?
As I was searching for books and read some I found only a Handfull and after this it was already at 306X+ and so on...
Cofused me >.<

I started reading the books last year... so sorry for my little knowledge ^^

#39 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

Get the Jade Phoenix trilogy or the Blood of Kerensky Trilogy to a real good look at the clans during invasion. I recommend those 6 books to anyone who wants to get into the battletech universe.

The books:
Jade Phoenix Trilogy Collection - 3 books in 1, see my picture the top row far left, that one.
OR
Way of the Clans - by Robert Thurston, Jade Phoenix Book 1
Bloodname - Robert Thurston, Jade Phoenix Book 2
Falcon Guard - Robert Thurston, Jade Phoenix Book 3

then you also got the Blood of Kerensky
Lethal Heritage - Michael A. Stockpole, Blood Of Kerensky Book 1
Blood Legacy - Michael A. Stockpole, Blood of Kerensky Book 2
Lost Destiny - Michael A. Stockpole, Blood of Kerensky Book 3

That would be my recommendation for a starting point, after I would read the Saga of the Gray Death Legion trilogy.

Edited by Cattra Kell, 09 December 2011 - 09:42 AM.

#40 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

Already read those.
Thats why I was asking, if there are more than 6 Books.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users