Jump to content

Novels


61 replies to this topic

#41 Cattra Kell

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:47 AM

oh yes, I am Jade Falcon is another really good one personally, it follows Falconer Star Commander Joanna.

You also have the huge Twilight of the Clans but that's during operation Bulldog, none the less still a long read.

Bred for War is one that's highly praised but its post-invasion. Its the Wolves vs CJF.

Most of the stuff is post invasion only by a few years, not a lot during sadly.

Edited by Cattra Kell, 09 December 2011 - 09:48 AM.


#42 Evgeny Bear

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

Ahh post invasion... interesting, thats something I want to hear ^^
Ok noted

#43 erokk

    Rookie

  • 5 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

I'm missing 5 books myself, excellent collection you have! I really enjoy reading these, I'm going through the Twilight of the Clans series again right now.

I had no idea these were out in E-book format either, I'm going to check that out. This post has inspired me to track down the missing books in my set. I've got a dozen or so Tech readouts and art books as well, can't get enough of this stuff!

Task Force Serpent FTW!

#44 Ulric Kell

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

I don't have hard copies of any of the books anymore. Too many moves. I've got a bunch of them in PDF format though.

Edited by Ulric Kell, 09 December 2011 - 11:43 AM.


#45 Evgeny Bear

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

Found another clan novel "I am a jade Falcon"

is it post or pre Ivasion?

#46 KnowBuddy

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

View PostAndar89, on 12 December 2011 - 12:19 PM, said:

Found another clan novel "I am a jade Falcon"

is it post or pre Ivasion?


Post-invasion. 3057.

#47 Mason Grimm

    Com Guard / Technician

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:57 AM

I just can't get in to the whole E-Reader thing. I've tried reading House Steiner house-book on my iphone and it's just not the same as leafing through a nice book, ya know?

#48 Atlas3060

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 656 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

Well yeah Grimm but when I was on the train earlier this week it felt so good to just simply switch to a new book on my Nook tablet, I've always hated that feeling of holding a book I've just read and not having anything else to read since it is finished.

And thankfully I've been moving my stuff only once but a box of books versus a few SD cards really made me appreciate that e-reader :)

#49 KnowBuddy

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

View PostMason Grimm, on 13 December 2011 - 04:57 AM, said:

I just can't get in to the whole E-Reader thing. I've tried reading House Steiner house-book on my iphone and it's just not the same as leafing through a nice book, ya know?

True, an e-reader is not quite the same as an actual paperback. The lack of geek cred' being one (not important) difference, the actual tactile feel and smell of a book being the more important things.
However, an e-reader actually has some benefits over a single paperback, as Atlas3060 pointed out.
And unfortunately, I'd have to say... an iPhone is hardly an e-reader. I don't read books on my smartphone, I have an actual e-reader for that.

#50 Evgeny Bear

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:55 AM

currently reading stuff about the civil war on outreach...

damn I really feel hate that Elson choosed the way of Amaris in seizing power with ruses and plots...
he is dishonnering his clan heritage >.<

Edited by Andar89, 14 December 2011 - 09:55 AM.


#51 Draelren

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 191 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBeaverton, OR

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

Below is missing some novels of DA (They are ordered, just waiting now), but it is EVERY other book, some sourcebooks, some technical readouts, iron wind metals, cards, clickytech crap, a "Virtual World" novel that ties into the BT world, and various other things. Repeat, ALL novels.


Posted Image

#52 MarauderDeuce

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:31 AM

I had almost all of the books before the dark age stuff.
Tight finances stopped me buying more and then a couple of house moves resulted in me losing all but about 12 of the books.

I'm getting a kindle for Christmas apparently so this series and the Discworld books are high on my priority list for e-versions.

#53 Alistair Steiner

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostMarauderDeuce, on 17 December 2011 - 03:31 AM, said:

I had almost all of the books before the dark age stuff.
Tight finances stopped me buying more and then a couple of house moves resulted in me losing all but about 12 of the books.

I'm getting a kindle for Christmas apparently so this series and the Discworld books are high on my priority list for e-versions.


Got a Kindle myself this Christmas and picked up the Warrior Trilogy and Blood of Kerensky Trilogy, since the bookstores near where I live are woefully deprived of almost anything BattleTech. Managed to get a few Classic BattleTech novels, and most of the DA books physically, though. Still, having two massive trilogies on the thin little Kindle has been awesome, and though I fully agree with the superior "feel" of the real books, I am also OCD on their condition, and read through them very slowly because I am concerned about damaging them. The fact that BattleTech books were available on the Kindle and not the Nook (as far as I could find) made the decision for me.

EDIT: I take that back. BT books are available on the Nook, but are far more limited in selection, and seems to be more towards the latter end of the Classic BattleTech series and into the Dark Age. I'll probably still go for physical sourcebook copies, though.

EDIT EDIT: Alright, after double-checking, ONLY the DA books are available on Nook, and even then, it's only showing six of them (and those aren't even consecutive). Since I have most of those physically, and admittedly cared less for them than the pre-Jihad stuff, I stand by my Kindle decision.

Edited by Alistair Steiner, 02 January 2012 - 09:02 PM.


#54 juan cojones

    Rookie

  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostAlistair Steiner, on 02 January 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:


Got a Kindle myself this Christmas and picked up the Warrior Trilogy and Blood of Kerensky Trilogy, since the bookstores near where I live are woefully deprived of almost anything BattleTech. Managed to get a few Classic BattleTech novels, and most of the DA books physically, though. Still, having two massive trilogies on the thin little Kindle has been awesome, and though I fully agree with the superior "feel" of the real books, I am also OCD on their condition, and read through them very slowly because I am concerned about damaging them. The fact that BattleTech books were available on the Kindle and not the Nook (as far as I could find) made the decision for me.

EDIT: I take that back. BT books are available on the Nook, but are far more limited in selection, and seems to be more towards the latter end of the Classic BattleTech series and into the Dark Age. I'll probably still go for physical sourcebook copies, though.

EDIT EDIT: Alright, after double-checking, ONLY the DA books are available on Nook, and even then, it's only showing six of them (and those aren't even consecutive). Since I have most of those physically, and admittedly cared less for them than the pre-Jihad stuff, I stand by my Kindle decision.



OK, so I also bought a Kindle to restart my Battletech reading, because I seriously doubt that after 10 years, my friend's dad still has my books stashed away somewhere. But back to my original thought: Kindle had a bunch of the books available for DL when I bought my Kindle around Christmas, but earlier in January all those downloads disappeared. I didn't look to closely, but I am wondering if they removed them due to licensing issues, or they just removed them due to lack of interest? I'd been researching a bit prior to my purchase, and when I saw that Kindle had so many books from BT, I jumped on it. However, due to tight funds (Christmas presents), I was going to slowly purchase all the books as I read them. Now however, I feel VERY short changed about this. From my understanding, the Kindle is designed to read ANY .pdf, and I thought that someone had made licensed .pdf's of all the books. Any ideas?

#55 Alistair Steiner

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

View Postjuan *******, on 04 February 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:



OK, so I also bought a Kindle to restart my Battletech reading, because I seriously doubt that after 10 years, my friend's dad still has my books stashed away somewhere. But back to my original thought: Kindle had a bunch of the books available for DL when I bought my Kindle around Christmas, but earlier in January all those downloads disappeared. I didn't look to closely, but I am wondering if they removed them due to licensing issues, or they just removed them due to lack of interest? I'd been researching a bit prior to my purchase, and when I saw that Kindle had so many books from BT, I jumped on it. However, due to tight funds (Christmas presents), I was going to slowly purchase all the books as I read them. Now however, I feel VERY short changed about this. From my understanding, the Kindle is designed to read ANY .pdf, and I thought that someone had made licensed .pdf's of all the books. Any ideas?


That's strange. When I search Amazon's site for "Kindle Books," and look up BattleTech, I get a fairly broad sweep of BT books.

*checks Amazon*

Oh no... No no no... Ugh, I'm going to be sick. What happened? I got an e-mail from Amazon just last month with "suggested titles," and it stuff like "Decision at Thunder Rift" and other Classic BattleTech books. Ugh, I'm going to have to sleep on this. I'm very unhappy about this turn of events. At least I already have the Warrior Trilogy and Blood of Kerensky Trilogy downloaded...

#56 Arctic Fox

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLuyten 68-28

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

I've posted it in another thread, but I'll post it again here. This is what Randall said on the BattleTech forums:

Quote

No, Catalyst has not lost the right to publish BattleTeh or Shadowrun fiction(print or epub). Our licensor has requested that we temporarily take down the files while they investigate an issue regarding works of fiction contracted by previous companies. We fully expect to return these classic works to the online venues soon, and are also working to bring out new collections and brand new short fiction as well. Stay tuned.

If you see anyone on other forums discussing this, feel free to post this response.

Thanks!


Randall

Edited by Arctic Fox, 08 February 2012 - 02:21 PM.


#57 metalwolf2900

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Locationwrenchin on a damn knee acuator in the garage

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

very awesome collection man, i have all the books before DA, i have one DA book and never bought another, instead went and found CT/BT tt box sets

Edited by metalwolf2900, 08 February 2012 - 02:51 PM.


#58 Alistair Steiner

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostArctic Fox, on 08 February 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

I've posted it in another thread, but I'll post it again here. This is what Randall said on the BattleTech forums:


Hey, thanks for posting this. I was having a fit because the Kindle was bought specifically for me by my girlfriend due to the BT books. Hopefully it will be resolved sooner rather than later. Thanks a ton for sharing that post.

#59 VictoryRoad

    Member

  • PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

View PostKnowBuddy, on 13 December 2011 - 06:30 PM, said:

True, an e-reader is not quite the same as an actual paperback. The lack of geek cred' being one (not important) difference, the actual tactile feel and smell of a book being the more important things.
However, an e-reader actually has some benefits over a single paperback, as Atlas3060 pointed out.
And unfortunately, I'd have to say... an iPhone is hardly an e-reader. I don't read books on my smartphone, I have an actual e-reader for that.

I am a person that loves tech. But I agree on how a book feels when reading. I have a E reader I don't use and can't stand it. Since these books have moved with me everywhere and if my son don't want them then they will be burried with me when I die.

#60 VictoryRoad

    Member

  • PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:18 PM

It has been years since I posted a photo of my collection. Here is an update.

Posted Image

Edited by VictoryRoad, 11 July 2019 - 03:34 PM.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users