126 replies to this topic

#1 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

Good resolutions, good framerates, good design, good selections, good maps (grrr bumprocks, bottoming out my tank on treetrunks in destroyable terrain (<3))

Constant rebalancing, attention to the community, no shrouding or mystery or invisible changes

Developer-provided statistics (as scant as they are), no useless sidegrades (double heatsinks)

No throw'n'see'what'sticks balancing

Forever free purchased once (this from a Founder)

I'm not revoking my package to hedge my bets against the game pulling out of whatever spiral its' in, but seeing

Q: Can we please at least try DHS at 2.0? It doesn't seem like much of a boost to lights who usually benefit mostly from the engine heat sinks, but heavies and assaults that use big energy weapons need the boost. [Wolfways]
A: No. (snip explanation)

My confidence was shattered. So here we've an outcry to try something and we're told No... so, we're not betatesters, we're egotesters, who happen to crowdfind bugs... I'm not in the habit of boosting ego artificially, so, seeya when they realize what an 'old-style open beta' is about (crowdsourcing ideas...)

#2 TROWAHC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

DHS where at 2.0 and they where overpowered. So they got nurfed. Also Bye bye, the game will still be here with or without you.

#3 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

Mechwarrior Living Legends is a nice mod, i liked it.
But you can't really play a game that over the last 7 days averages this low number of playersPosted Image
And in the last 24 hrs peaks at mid 70

Edited by DV McKenna, 16 December 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#4 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

View PostTROWAHC, on 16 December 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:

DHS where at 2.0 and they where overpowered. So they got nurfed. Also Bye bye, the game will still be here with or without you.

Actually, they wherent (*weren't), so we don't know firsthand...

#5 Comguard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 652 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

[color=#959595]DHS where at 2.0 and they where overpowered. So they got nurfed.[/color]

Gold-defense force for the rescue? The magical DHS 2.0 that suddenly made weapons shoot faster...

Or like we got the nerfed version of the ECM because it was originally overpowered - wondered what it looked like during internal testing.

#6 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Have fun with the other 50 people.

#7 Parnage Winters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 414 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

Can I have your stuff?

#8 radports

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

Game should be how I want it!Posted Image

#9 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

View PostKobura, on 16 December 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

Actually, they wherent (*weren't), so we don't know firsthand...

Well....2.0 DHS are in the game now...if you're in a light mech :ph34r:

#10 Nightfangs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

They never were 2.0... please don't make up stuff.

#11 Urza Mechwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBrazil, Santa Catarina

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:21 AM

LIES. They never ever were 2.0 on the live server. Tha nedocte we got form a developer of how overpowered it was wa A LIE. because even with DHS at INIFITE capacity what he described can be doen on same difficulty as HEat sinks with ZERO capacity.

#12 S3dition

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostUrza Mechwalker, on 16 December 2012 - 03:21 AM, said:

LIES. They never ever were 2.0 on the live server. Tha nedocte we got form a developer of how overpowered it was wa A LIE. because even with DHS at INIFITE capacity what he described can be doen on same difficulty as HEat sinks with ZERO capacity.

Actually they ARE 2.0 right now (straight from the game files). They are 1.4 on the engine ONLY. This is because the upgrade would give you 24 free heatsinks on larger engines, which is just insane for a game with real time heat. You can easily roll with 40 heatsinks on an assault mech, which makes heat a non-factor.

Double heatsinks still give a substantial advantage over regular heatsinks, especially combined with small size, high heat energy weapons.

#13 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

View PostKobura, on 16 December 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

Good resolutions, good framerates, good design, good selections, good maps (grrr bumprocks, bottoming out my tank on treetrunks in destroyable terrain (<3))

Constant rebalancing, attention to the community, no shrouding or mystery or invisible changes

Developer-provided statistics (as scant as they are), no useless sidegrades (double heatsinks)

No throw'n'see'what'sticks balancing

Forever free purchased once (this from a Founder)

I'm not revoking my package to hedge my bets against the game pulling out of whatever spiral its' in, but seeing

Q: Can we please at least try DHS at 2.0? It doesn't seem like much of a boost to lights who usually benefit mostly from the engine heat sinks, but heavies and assaults that use big energy weapons need the boost. [Wolfways]
A: No. (snip explanation)

My confidence was shattered. So here we've an outcry to try something and we're told No... so, we're not betatesters, we're egotesters, who happen to crowdfind bugs... I'm not in the habit of boosting ego artificially, so, seeya when they realize what an 'old-style open beta' is about (crowdsourcing ideas...)

I'm sure MWLL is throwing a party...

#14 Schlaung

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

LL is eternally damned to suck balls.

#15 snapstyle

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

No, they were released at 1.4. Engine heat sinks were always at 2.0 however and I find that a bit unbalanced towards lighter mechs.

Edited by snapstyle, 16 December 2012 - 07:43 AM.

#16 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

View PostS3dition, on 16 December 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

Actually they ARE 2.0 right now (straight from the game files). They are 1.4 on the engine ONLY. This is because the upgrade would give you 24 free heatsinks on larger engines, which is just insane for a game with real time heat. You can easily roll with 40 heatsinks on an assault mech, which makes heat a non-factor.

Double heatsinks still give a substantial advantage over regular heatsinks, especially combined with small size, high heat energy weapons.

Right now we have 2.0 DHS in the engine, the first 10 DHS that are contained in the engine are 2.0's. Any external DHS are functioning at 1.4. Any "extra" engine DHS are 1.4s (if your engine is 275+ you get bonus heatsinks in the engine).

We have never had all DHS as 2.0s. We have never had all DHS as 1.4s.

And I find it highly amusing that this thread has become yet another DHS thread instead of the "I QUIT!" rant that it started as

Edited by Tickdoff Tank, 16 December 2012 - 07:47 AM.

#17 Clay Pigeon

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

DHS where at 2.0 and they where overpowered. So they got nurfed.

Yeah, no. Turn off your gold vision.

Edited by Clay Pigeon, 16 December 2012 - 07:51 AM.

#18 IIIuminaughty

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

You wasn't cool around here anyways.

#19 zverofaust

• 2,093 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

MWLL is by and large much more consistent, smooth-playing and fun. The only thing it lacks is customization.

#20 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

View Postzverofaust, on 16 December 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

MWLL is by and large much more consistent, smooth-playing and fun. The only thing it lacks is customization.

And players, apparently. 70 players max on 43 servers isn't what I would call bustling with activity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users