Alert: Newb Inbound

2 replies to this topic

#1 Steel Warlock

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

How's everyone?

I've been playing since the original box version with the cardboard counters. I played every video game version and loved each one. I'm an avid video gamer active in titles like SWGEmu, SWTOR, and Falcon4, Flight SimX, CoD, Left4Dead, etc etc. I'm so glad I found this website a couple months ago when the Founders Packages were first offered. I intended to purchase one the following week and promptly forgot about it which makes me pretty upset since I was saving for the Legendary Package. I'm old, i forget things, some of you know how it is. I really wish something similar would be offered again.

I've been reading as much as I can on the forums. Not sure which faction, not even sure which Mech I'll be focusing on, though I'll probably get my feet wet in a heavy or assault until I get the controls down and then maybe switch to a scout role. Eventually I'll get into a clan I'm sure, not quite sure how that works. I'm working my way through the stickies and guides and tutorials.

At any rate, I use voice comms, mainly teamspeak. Have an older comp and **** poor connection speed. I'll probably lag out but we'll see.

Later.

#2 Zeke Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

GL out here Steel Warlock, with ECM just implemented, your going to have a fun learning curve as its not new player freindly. Still, the games fun and once you team up with a like minded group, it'll be even more so.

#3 Suicidal Idiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Good to meet you, Steel.

Connection speed isn't so important as ping time, or Lag.

Connection speed is how much data you can send/receive. Lag is how fast that data can make a round trip. Hopefully, you have a low lag.

Teamspeak is extremely important, since, without it, you're alone.

Good luck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users