Ecm On The Ddc Has To Go

27 replies to this topic

#1 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

its completely fine fine on the lights and the cicada but the ddc just became more of a face melter than it already was

#2 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Maybe. I don't know if relegating ECM to just Light/Medium Mechs is a good way to balance out the fact that Assaults are so deadly up close.

#3 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

There is an Atlas in TRO that has ECM I believe... not sure if it was the DDC though, I actually think it was the asd7, but I dont remember....

I had my reservations about the that varient having it... but I guess any assault with ECM(as its currently implemented) is going to be harder to deal with.

I kinda liked the how the ECM and BAP was implemented in MW4, but I know this version is TT, and MW4 wasnt. Still.....

OIh yea... in MW4, you could switch to passive radar mode, and have the same effect as the ecm, but the downside to that is you were blind on the radar outside 250m

Edited by Teralitha, 04 December 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#4 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

I understand why mechs that could be used as scouts have gotten ecm, but I would really like to hear the reasoning for giving it to the D-DC.

#5 justin xiang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 585 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Seconded. Sort of boring now that everyone just wants to rock a DDC.

Edited by justin xiang, 04 December 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#6 LionZoo

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

I think relegating ECM to more fragile Mechs would be a pretty good balancing mechanism. Right now, the main battle group needs an ECM screener. In order for the group to benefit from the ECM shield, the screener needs to be fairly close to the battle. If the screener is a lighter Mech, the group would pay for the ECM protection through lost firepower and armor. Thus, the decision of whether to have an ECM screener (or two) for the group becomes a decision involving trade offs. Do we load up on the armor and firepower, or do we take a screener and sacrifice firepower? What if we take the screener, but he dies in battle, is it worth that risk?

Currently, the D-DC makes the decision easy. You can load up on the ECM, firepower, AND armor in one Mech. It's almost like a free lunch for the main battle group.

#7 Xeren KelDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 190 posts
  • LocationNAIS

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

http://www.sarna.net...28BattleMech%29

The one listed there all seem to be FedCom Civil War and post Blake excursion of bad things (the other word is censored lol) so if that's accurate than there's no Atlas currently available that comes stock with ECM. As an aside I think the problem lies more with the ECM than the Atlas right now (I think the ECM balance is off).

Edited by Xeren KelDar, 04 December 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#8 VoltarDark

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 133 posts
  • LocationQuebec. Canada

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Simple, just get and ecm light mech to counter his ecm, i've seen it work perfectly.

#9 Tempworker

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

I understand that its canon at this point..
its been used in atlas' before..
But I've officially had to face a 5-6 atlas team now...

eventually it will just be 8 ECM atlas' in a squad..

cant see em till you are in killing range.. then its a pound fest..
only hope to counter is 8 of the same

the atlas ECM has to go

#10 Jason1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 800 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

you guys just need to start fitting TAGs. its not rocket science

right now all the jerks who were driving streak cats are in ECM Atlas's. TAG them about 20 times and they'll go do something else

#11 Zarcuthra

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 98 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX USA

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Why does "ECM on the DDC have to go"?

The OP makes this thread, and never even explains his sentiment.

For the record, our merc corp performed over 20 drops tonight, with 2 Atlases max on our team, and we did not find ECM to be a problem. We encountered MANY enemy teams with 4 to 6 DDCs, and it was not a problem to deal with.

I disagree that ECM is unbalanced, or that DDCs shouldn't have it.

ECM adds a lot to the game that was lacking. Now we don't know where everyone is, and scouting is important. LRMs still work fine for us, as well as streaks. If you are not organized, you lose to those who are...it is very simple, and nothing is going to change that.

#12 Omni Tek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationSPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

Put a TAG on your scout and just lase him.

#13 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

View PostZarcuthra, on 04 December 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

[..]
For the record, our merc corp performed over 20 drops tonight, with 2 Atlases max on our team, and we did not find ECM to be a problem. We encountered MANY enemy teams with 4 to 6 DDCs, and it was not a problem to deal with.
[..]

Just out of curiosity, which Atlases did you use? :)

#14 VoltarDark

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 133 posts
  • LocationQuebec. Canada

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

ECM on the DC Atlas is perfect. You just have to cancel his ecm. A few second more to lock doesnt make him impervious... Ecm just made this game hotter. This is a brain game, not a simple shooter...

#15 STRONG LIKE BEAR

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostDamocles69, on 04 December 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

its completely fine fine on the lights and the cicada but the ddc just became more of a face melter than it already was

View PostBlark, on 04 December 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

but I would really like to hear the reasoning for giving it to the D-DC.

View Postjustin xiang, on 04 December 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

Seconded. Sort of boring now that everyone just wants to rock a DDC.

mad

#16 Biruke

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,162 posts
  • LocationMsk, RF, Terra

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

my cannons don't make difference between ECM or non-ECM.

#17 NoFish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

I have to agree with this, the D-DC is already too much of a powerhouse as it is, in my opinion (remember that, stock, it just swaps out a ton of LRM ammo for a command console). With ECM it just becomes too much of a jack-of-all trades. Either it should have the ECM taken off or it should have a more limited slot layout, like how they compensate for the AS7-K's AMS capabilities.

#18 Pierce Rossignol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 162 posts
  • LocationIn the thermonuclear-green Atlas.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Teamwork trumps ECM. .

Our unit ran into a team that was mostly Atlases sporting ECM's and we destroyed them. I was our only Atlas. We didn't lose a single mech.

I LOVE the ECM on the D-DC, if for no other reason than the fact that the LRM meatheads can't just point and shoot anymore; you have to actually track on me if you want to hit me. We're right back to dummies standing still out in the open, running into the clear, stopping, and pivoting to shoot. Been relying on LRM's to do your work for ya, huh? Still can't shoot while moving? Your problem, not mine. I'll be over here, evading your fire in a mech the size of an apartment building and making you look inept.

Even when I run a non-ECM Atlas I'm winning more. Why? I don't have 4 or 5 LRM boats training everything on THE ATLAS and wiping me out before I can even engage with my heavy weapons. Our other ECM mech stays by me. Aaah. I can bring planet-cracking firepower to bear where it's needed. Finally.

The Atlas is the biggest, toughest, most expensive mech in the game, with the most firepower. It is legendary in canon as THE MECH that nobody wants to go up against. It is also the slowest and clumsiest, and takes a patient pilot with a steady hand and Zen-master-like calm. With the right pilot, it is designed to have its opponents reaching for the EJECT handle within seconds in a one-on-one fight. You shouldn't have a prayer against a skilled pilot in an Atlas. Especially in a mech half its size or smaller.

Scouts still have lag shields and zero collision damage. They have NOTHING to complain about. (Yet, though we'll hear wailing and rending of garments once they're no longer invulnerable, and mechs five times their size start drop-kicking them across the map.) The last thing they need is a corner on the ECM market.

#19 Felix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 656 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostTeralitha, on 04 December 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

There is an Atlas in TRO that has ECM I believe... not sure if it was the DDC though, I actually think it was the asd7, but I dont remember....

I had my reservations about the that varient having it... but I guess any assault with ECM(as its currently implemented) is going to be harder to deal with.

I kinda liked the how the ECM and BAP was implemented in MW4, but I know this version is TT, and MW4 wasnt. Still.....

OIh yea... in MW4, you could switch to passive radar mode, and have the same effect as the ecm, but the downside to that is you were blind on the radar outside 250m

This game is no where close to table top, best to get that out of mind right away

#20 themoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 589 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

I've already seen one team with 4 DDCs (8 player premade)... they just teamed up with a bunch of other Atlases and Awesomes and walked straight through the map killing everything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users