Bap

25 replies to this topic

#21 Codejack

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

I'm with you; I always thought that the ideal balance would be that a BAP-equipped mech would treat an ECM-equipped mech as if neither one had either. Instead, ECM completely counters BAP, NARC, Artemis, and pretty well hoses TAG (yea, it will let you lock... if you can keep it constantly painting a 130kph Commando weaving in and out of cover for the extra lock-on time and still have time to get a shot off before he's got you inside the bubble... which is to say, rarely), and the only counter is.... more ECM!

There's a reason you don't normally leave the jokers in the deck...

Edited by Codejack, 05 December 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#22 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Bap should work like a single man's counter ecm. It should allow lock on and targeting within bap's range, but not share target info or let you communicate with team mates.

Edited by ManDaisy, 05 December 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#23 Jadel Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

View PostManDaisy, on 05 December 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

Bap should work like a single man's counter ecm. It should allow lock on and targeting within bap's range, but not share target info or let you communicate with team mates.

I cant believe it doesnt do this already.

#24 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

I agree with OP.Right now game is just about how much D-DC can you take up.We met most teams with 4 D-DC+2ravens/cicadas 2 cataphracts or cats k2 with gausses...i didnt saw ANY other mech for time when ECM is ingame...I didnt even saw any other Atlas xD...ye whats the point play another atlas than D-DC :D .And i think i dont need to tell no1 use LRMs now B)
Well maybe 1 hunch/YLW per 10 games.
And we sometimes won and sometimes lost and due to we run mostly with 2-3 ECM mechs and let say standart drop of 2 lances 2/2/2/2 then we mostly lost just bcuz they had 200-300 tons more metal.

#25 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Great points Live. And I'm not just saying that because it's what I already said myself before.(Ok, that's not true at all)

But BAP should have been the main counter to this device. How this simple concept flew over Piranha's head is beyond me. They either forgot it existed entirely... or just don't care about balance in this game anymore.

#26 MouseNo4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 630 posts
  • LocationVictoria Australia

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Can we please have some more moderation on this forum?

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users