• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 182 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

Anyone play? I actually used to run a custom campaign with a few friends.

#2 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

Many years ago. I probably still have a copy of MegaMek on an old computer.

Any idea what this is going to be? Looks MegaMekish
http://www.mwtactics.com/ (forum search is broken today so I was actually in the BT forums looking for news on this)
Is is a F2P version on MegaMek?

**edit: ah found a thread:
http://mwomercs.com/...e-else-excited/

Edited by five by five, 19 June 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#3 Manny Rhyde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

they recently came out with the .30 version of megamek, ive been playing on the teamspeak 3 NGNG server. go to the 1st BBR channel and they can set you up :)

#4 Saevus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationRight side of Upside down

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

Megamek is a great tool/game. I love it for nights I just want to test play a new lance before I place the order on Ironwind.

#5 Fahr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 114 posts
  • LocationBeeville, Tx

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

I play regularaly on a 3025 server under this nick - it's a lot of fun if you enjoy the TT experience.

#6 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

Megamek's a blast, and most of our unit is quite fond of it.

#7 Saevus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationRight side of Upside down

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostFahr, on 19 June 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

I play regularaly on a 3025 server under this nick - it's a lot of fun if you enjoy the TT experience.

Played like a real man, 3025 is the best time in the game, mechs all have strengths/weaknesses and there is a certain amount of strategy and luck involved in each battle. God I can't stand Clan tech, I dread it in MWO, I shall fight the clan with everything I've got.

#8 Conamin

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

Mekwars: Legends is an awesome server if you want more of the meta-game then just the TT expereince.

#9 ThinkTank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 396 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

I've seen you on there. I just started on it myself the other day. It gives me a kick to imagine the damage done while reading the weapons phase page.

#10 CarpeMortis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationFar out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

I used to run several MekWars MegaMek servers... I should see if i can get a client working under Android so i can pick it up again.

#11 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

Actually, I just started trying to use it, but the program is so unintuative and seems to support rules I've never even heard of. If anyone has some spare time to kill, I would love to get in contact to have a quick lance-on-lance game so they can walk me through the ropes, as I wanted to get more BT games under my belt but dont have a playerbase to really learn the rules through repetition and practice.

Is there a tutorial on how to operate the program, because I cant seem to find one off hand.?

#12 Shaka808

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHonolulu

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostCarpeMortis, on 20 June 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

I used to run several MekWars MegaMek servers... I should see if i can get a client working under Android so i can pick it up again.

Omg Carpe how have you been :)

Also for those intrested theres quite a few megamek campaigns going either check the megamek.info/forums for a new campagn (I currently play in NBT classic and can help anyone there send me an email or IM) Also mekwars.org tracker page has a list of currently available mekwars servers)

#13 CarpeMortis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationFar out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostShaka808, on 21 June 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Omg Carpe how have you been :)

Same crap different decade :P I'd be back on a server, but Apparently there is no development going on for an android MM client, and won't be any time soon... So I've got to set up some kind of remote desktop based work around since I only have my tablet and a bunch of headless servers at work now...

#14 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

FHAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 Gazza

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:03 PM

I played one game on it, was more of a tutorial as I've never played before. But it's pretty cool. Might need a few more sessions though. Anyone care to teach a new player?

#16 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

Cool. I have downloaded version 35.31. never played the TT game (was/am an ASL gamer).

Really enjoying the Megamek. Havent tried against real folks, altho the bot in v 35.31 is much better than the earlier one.

Not sure how to 'connect' to others online? But the game is damn fun.

#17 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostDroz, on 19 June 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

Anyone play? I actually used to run a custom campaign with a few friends.

Same here.

@vettie, connecting to another players game is easy. All you really need is their IP address. If you don't have a specific person you want to play against, you can try out any of the MekWars servers. They provide a "campaign" enviroment to play that goes into more depth than just "pick 4 mechs". The server rules vary from server to server, but most of them have a training game type and some very helpful people. Follow the link for the server tracker.

http://www.mekwars.org/mwtracker.html

As far as those looking for help with it.

http://shacked.battl...Handbook_v1.pdf

That's a PDF put together by a guy who goes by Ladob. He's a decent fellow who knows what he's talking about.

As far as questions about rules go, you won't find much help.

This is deliberate.

MegaMek is NOT a source for rules clarification.

That would cause them all sorts of trouble with copyright laws and whatnot. If you don't know the rules, then pick yourself up a copy of Total Warfare and Tactical Operations. There are a few "house rules" that are in MegaMek, but they are all optional. In fact, many (all?) of the TacOps rules are optional as well.

MegaMek is a tool for those who wish to enjoy Battletech without having to do so in person. Not a replacement for the original material.

#18 Hlaoroo

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

I played on mekwars servers for quite some time. Not lately however. Good stuff all the same.

#19 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostBeazle, on 09 August 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Same here.

@vettie, connecting to another players game is easy. All you really need is their IP address. If you don't have a specific person you want to play against, you can try out any of the MekWars servers. They provide a "campaign" enviroment to play that goes into more depth than just "pick 4 mechs". The server rules vary from server to server, but most of them have a training game type and some very helpful people. Follow the link for the server tracker.

http://www.mekwars.org/mwtracker.html

As far as those looking for help with it.

http://shacked.battl...Handbook_v1.pdf

That's a PDF put together by a guy who goes by Ladob. He's a decent fellow who knows what he's talking about.

As far as questions about rules go, you won't find much help.

This is deliberate.

MegaMek is NOT a source for rules clarification.

That would cause them all sorts of trouble with copyright laws and whatnot. If you don't know the rules, then pick yourself up a copy of Total Warfare and Tactical Operations. There are a few "house rules" that are in MegaMek, but they are all optional. In fact, many (all?) of the TacOps rules are optional as well.

MegaMek is a tool for those who wish to enjoy Battletech without having to do so in person. Not a replacement for the original material.

Thanx for the info

I think I have the rules down pretty good. borrowed a set from one of my ftf gaming friends, we have played a couple of round of the tt game. mega mek pretty damn close.

Busy weekend ahead, but next week i will be checking this (the links) out.

Have you tried the MekHQ for Mega Mek yet? Looks like something for 'a campaign'
not sure how to tie it in with megamek or if your urn them both at the same time, but it looks cool.

Edited by vettie, 09 August 2012 - 11:22 PM.

#20 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

Mega mek is good but a little dated. Cyberstorm was great too.

However this looks exciting ;

http://mwtactics.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users