Ask away, everyone!

#2 Ceribus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 230 posts
  • LocationVancouver Canada

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Are you guys willing to look at and re-evaluate your pricing model? If you dropped your prices I think you'd see a fairly large jump in profit due much higher total sales

Edited by Ceribus, 07 December 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

I feel like so many questions have already been answered, due in no small part to the wonderful content in the Command Chair.

What are your plans for dealing with the variants of the venerable Stalker? The majority of it's variants are so similar in loadout, and all of them are already bristling with a large number of laser and missle hardpoints, how will you make each variant unique without relying on "extra hardpoints" or making some variants obsolete?

Obviously the 5M has -1 laser and +1 missile(NARC), but the rest are generally all 6x energy 4x missile (or 6x energy 2x missile which is an obsolete downgrade)

Can I have a Stalker 3Fb for Christmas (Canon ECM equippable Stalker variant)?

Edited by Redshift2k5, 07 December 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#4 Malrock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Any Plans to change the way ECM operates or should we just consider LRM's a thing of the past?

#5 Trynn

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

First, loving the game,

Second, and I am aware that the answer could open a can of worms with the general MWO populace, but Any hints on to how CW is coming along?

And what is the next mech Chassis to be announced.

Thanks again (happy client)

#6 Ceribus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 230 posts
  • LocationVancouver Canada

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Will the conquest game mode be taking place on the current maps or does it have it's own rotation of maps. How long is the average Conquest match taking on your test servers, as in can we expect a longer more strategic match?

#7 Sears

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 973 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

With ECM coming out, can we expect to start seeing more of the information warfare items that were suggested in an early dev blog http://mwomercs.com/...ation-warfare/. Things like detectors and UAVs. Would this go some way to balancing ECM rather than TAG?

Will Founders mech's base colour be repaintable? The strip is cool and everything but would be ace to change the base colour.

Lastly. Considering the Ilya Muroments is a PGI creation of a hero and hero mech. Could there be an opportunity once tournaments flair up that a winner's 'mech may become a hero 'mech or champion mech? The winner of said tournament would suggest a paint scheme and loudout of the mech used to win the tournament as a basis for said 'mech (balanced by PGI of course). Why not make our own heroes.

Edited by Sears, 07 December 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#8 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Q: Why are you lowering HPS values of weapons as they concern the Heat Efficiency scale? For example using 1 ERPPC (lowered 25%) with 13 DHS = an efficiency of 1.44 and will overheat in ~28.33 seconds. Using 3 ML and 12 DHS = 1.44 efficiency but takes 73.33 seconds to overheat. As you can see the effect makes the higher heat weapons seem more efficient than they are actually.

Q: Why was FF reduced to 35.84 from 36 points per ton? @ 36 weights end up at nice round numbers, @ 35.84 they can end odd. Additionally @ 35.84 it is highly unlikely you are using all of your max tonnage as armor rarely ends at even numbers.

#9 Clay Pigeon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hot pink paint when?

I think Paul should answer this one.

#10 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

View PostMalrock, on 07 December 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

Any Plans to change the way ECM operates or should we just consider LRM's a thing of the past?

I would second this question, though not with the LRM focus so much. Targeting and coordination in general got a big nerf with the addition of ECM as it is now. There is a great discussion thread about this over here:

http://mwomercs.com/...-ecm-really-do/

#11 raptorian

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

ECM seems to work flawlessly and is very easy to use, the only requirements being a working J button and being near another mech (which I'm fine with personally), yet TAG and NARC seem relatively useless and require a great deal more effort to use for next to no impact (TAG's got decent range but the effect wears off immediately, and NARC is never deployed in the first place*). Are you willing to re-evaluate how those function and how they are used or are we going to be forced to deploy walls of ECM carriers to counter their ECM carriers?

*ammo, takes up a missile slot, really bad range, no guarantee it'll hit being the issues that spring to mind, but again it never ever gets deployed so its hard to verify what it exactly does

Edited by raptorian, 07 December 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#12 cmdr_scotty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationOutreach Mech hanger B-201, Bay 15A

arrow IV... yay, nay.......hay?

also do you have a preference for a specific type of weapon (ballistic, missle, energy) or just like to throw everything at the mech and see what sticks.

#13 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Q: What is your stance on the timing of module, map, game mode, and equipment release? This feels a bit like a chicken vs the egg question, so my bad on that, but it feels like there are opportunities to make players feel more needed in specific roles through the use of modules and additions to type of game play and size of maps versus that addition of extremely powerful and restricted equipment (ECM, we're looking at you). For example, when I saw MWO hinted at and spoken of a year ago, I was immediately drawn to the concept of role warfare. I am a Scout player and yet, due to the sandbox size of games, the lack of integrated voice chat in game, the single type of game play, and the problem of BAP vs ECM (now), I don't feel it is a viable full time function. In essence, do you feel comfortable with the order in which you've released portions of the game or do you feel like you would have preferred to do things differently (hindsight if 50/50 as someone very incorrectly once said - no, I'm not making that up).

#14 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

View PostCeribus, on 07 December 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

Will the conquest game mode be taking place on the current maps or does it have it's own rotation of maps. How long is the average Conquest match taking on your test servers, as in can we expect a longer more strategic match?

It will be on the same maps, but I would love more details about it in general. What is the objective? 'Conquest' makes it sound like another form of 'capture the base' - or maybe bases? I expect we won't get much detail, though, as it is probably being saved for a nice big announcement... :P

#15 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Currently, there are a lot of friendly fire incidents that cause significant destruction of a friendly mech. (component destruction and stripping armor mainly) Are there any plans to implement a "penalty" type system for doing friendly fire in the future similar to the current team killing penalty?

#16 CCISolitude

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Trying yet again to get an answer from you Garth...

What's the plans regarding XP generation? I ask because currently the XP/GXP system seems a touch adrift? Once you've unlocked all of a Mech's skills, the amount of XP you can transfer out to GXP for unlocking either skills for other mech's or for modules seems to have a fairly short longevity.

In other words, after a few months of semi-active play, you'll end up having a massive reserve of XP/GXP and nothing to spend it on. I'd like to know where that thought has taken anyone within the dev team, what ideas have been bounced around? What's been discarded as just plain unworkable?

Hopeful of an answer.

Em.

Edited by Emrys Ap Morgravaine, 07 December 2012 - 10:50 AM.

#17 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

View PostClay Pigeon, on 07 December 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

Hot pink paint when?

I think Paul should answer this one.

^This.

#18 Sulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostCeribus, on 07 December 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

Are you guys willing to look at and re-evaluate your pricing model? If you dropped your prices I think you'd see a fairly large jump in profit due much higher total sales

-His same question repeated-

#19 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Understanding the concept that TAG is a beam that utilizes the mechs communication system to broadcast information to the rest of the team (Which is why it doesn't work when inside the ECM bubble... think it through for a second, those of you who are crying about ECM)...

I've read that you'll be showing some love to NARC by giving it a longer duration, any thoughts about it piercing the EW cloud? I mean, afterall, it's really just a missile with a magnet, a battery, and a transmitter screaming "HERE I AM"

Edited by Roadbeer, 07 December 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#20 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 07 December 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

Understanding the concept that TAG is a beam that utilizes the mechs communication system to broadcast information to the rest of the team (Which is why it doesn't work when inside the ECM bubble... think it through for a second, those of you who are crying about ECM)...

I've read that you'll be showing some love to NARC by giving it a longer duration, any thoughts about it piercing the EW cloud? I mean, afterall, it's really just a missile with a magnet, a battery, and a transmitter screaming "HERE I AM"

NARC is one of the things that is specifically suppose to be blocked by ECM, so I'm fine with leaving that affected. However, it should last a lot longer - maybe 2 minutes? - or until the part of the mech it is latched onto is destroyed. As it is now, it is a waste.

TAG is also, I have always assumed, more like laser-guidance today. It isn't depending on a signal, but is simply providing a visual spot for missiles to home in on. I would like it if it worked a little more like that in MWO: you would target the friendly TAG-equipped mech, and fire missiles, and they would simply land *exactly* where the TAG laser was pointing. That could be an enemy mech, the ground, anything. I understand that this isn't how the game works now, though, and likely never will be.

Edited by WardenWolf, 07 December 2012 - 11:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users