16 replies to this topic

#1 godmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFinland/Sweden

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:13 AM

As the topic says. I was wondering about it since the Mechwarrior crowd is a bit older if there are any die hard drivers in the fanbase. I know Brixx is one :)

I'm a Subaru nutter my past 4 cars have been STi's and currently i have a -06 STi with 320 horses and 450 nm torque (332 lbs/ft?)

I do some racedriving as well, a cheap form of rallycross with an old legacy turbo. Not a very serious raceform but very much fun!

so any kindred spirits out there?

#2 Sancho

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:39 AM

300zx Twin Turbs FTW!

Race at a local here in SA called Mallala.

#3 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:49 AM

Yay! :) Hello there again godmonkey! :D If you want to we can trade! You get my Nordschleife proofen Renault Clio RS Cup... and maybe I can play a little bit with that AWD monster you call yours. :D

Yes, you read it right! Lucky me lives in Nordschleife-Country. :D

Edited by Brixx, 04 November 2011 - 04:51 AM.

#4 Nav

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 258 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:12 AM

Only the two wheel sort gets me excited these days. Honda CBR1000RR... Good living near Phillip Island, one of the best race tracks around. :)

#5 godmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFinland/Sweden

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:52 AM

wrong philosophy mate... The world is my racetrack! Just going to the shop for groceries is a good 25 km in one direction so it becomes a nice special stage :)

Brixx: You are most welcome over in the winter if you want to play around a bit with 4wd in the snow. I go on regular trips to mainland Europe, either buying cars or some other business-y reason but i wouldn't mind seeing what low weight can do on ze autobahn! I did at one time own a Fiat Uno turbo tuned to 140 hp. it was a fun little car (approx 800kg)

#6 Nav

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 258 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:15 AM

Unfortunately the Victorian Government and police make casual riding a very difficult option at times. So track days are one option to open up without fear of loss of license. (Not that that stops me)

BTW wasn't Ghost Rider from Sweden? Now that guy knew how to deal with the cops! :)

#7 godmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFinland/Sweden

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

ghost rider is swedish. i know who he is :)

#8 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:40 AM

Was that a Novitec Uno Turbo? :) And this is insane. Such a short wheelbase on the Autobahn. Well... so does my car but its a little bit more modern. :D

#9 godmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFinland/Sweden

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:08 AM

nah when i lived in germany i didn't have my fiat there. I had my impreza GT tuned to approx 300hp (weight of 1200kg). Cops stopped me a couple of times because they couldn't get past me :) it was loads of fun.

oh and the Uno was just a regular one modified a bit. no special edition

Edited by godmonkey, 04 November 2011 - 07:08 AM.

#10 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

View Postgodmonkey, on 04 November 2011 - 07:08 AM, said:

nah when i lived in germany i didn't have my fiat there. I had my impreza GT tuned to approx 300hp (weight of 1200kg). Cops stopped me a couple of times because they couldn't get past me :) it was loads of fun.

oh and the Uno was just a regular one modified a bit. no special edition

Good old German Autobahn... :D Sadly its not that much fun in the car I have these days. Its very jumpy etc... :D

#11 armitage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

Used to race Go-Karts before I got married, now we have a 4cyl circle track car. Did some drag racing with my Camaro for awhile but its been sitting for a few years. Defintely a computer nerd AND a Gear head.

#12 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:36 AM

Ah, Camaros... its so hard to get hand on one of the american muscle cars here in Germany. But gladly Chevrolet decided to now finally sell the Camaro in Germany/EU! Finally! :) And with 40k Euro its waaaaaaaaaays cheaper than any compareable car. :D

#13 Lori Carlyle

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:36 AM

Toyota MR2 Mk2 Rev1

#14 Sholto MacLeod

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

So, I'm not as in to the tuning as the rest of you guys are, but taking Subarus at insanely dangerous speeds down deserted backwoods roads has always been fun.

I love screaming past one of those signs that tells you to slow down to 25 on a turn at around 55. You just have to know the road.

#15 armitage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:42 PM

View PostBrixx, on 06 November 2011 - 04:36 AM, said:

Ah, Camaros... its so hard to get hand on one of the american muscle cars here in Germany. But gladly Chevrolet decided to now finally sell the Camaro in Germany/EU! Finally! :) And with 40k Euro its waaaaaaaaaays cheaper than any compareable car. :D

On the flip side, here in the States we never see a lot of the kick *** stuff built over seas. I would love to have the Ford Falcon xr6 from Austrailia.

#16 Darklord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 235 posts
  • LocationChicago Battletech Center

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

Camaro owner for 32 years

Posted Image

DL

#17 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:07 AM

View Postarmitage, on 06 November 2011 - 01:42 PM, said:

On the flip side, here in the States we never see a lot of the kick *** stuff built over seas. I would love to have the Ford Falcon xr6 from Austrailia.

But we don´t see those either! :) The biggest ford we got except the SUVs is the Mondeo... :-/

I am not even sure if you know what they sell here... Ford KA which is a product of the cooperation with FIAT. :-/

Edited by Brixx, 07 November 2011 - 03:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users