Ac/20 Blues

66 replies to this topic

#1 Fett 81

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

So I'm in my H-Back 4G and I catch a enemy H-Back off guard. I was within 100m and I opened up with my AC/20. We were both moving. I put 4 AC/20 hits into his back. 4!!!!!! I saw the hit graphic but after the 4 hits his back armor was gone and red. No kill for me ;) Some LRM boat got the kill. Last time I checked my H-Backs armor rating it didn't display over 80 pts.

PGI, I know you guys gotta make some coin and understand fluff content. But please fix the hit detection and fire delay of the AC/20.

Please share your AC/20 blues.

#2 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

I <3 my AC20. [REDACTED] Embrace what MWO is not what it isnt. Sorry, that might require [REDACTED]

Edited by Viterbi, 09 December 2012 - 08:01 AM.
Removed directed language

#3 Riffleman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Actually they recently made "big hit" weapons do splash damage like the ppc did, to lengthen TTK and reduce headshotting. But I dont think they did this for unselfish reasons, I think they cant figure out how to eliminate aimbots set to headsnipe with gauss, and this nerf and the gauss exploding early nerf are just temporary bandaids till they can lock it down.

It sucks and its stupid for a weapon that requres so much investment in weight, ammo, heat creation, recycle times, and being up close

#4 Melcyna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 674 posts
  • LocationYuri Paradise

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

So 4 shots to his rear

to which i will ask 4 shots that hit WHERE exactly...

note that MWO currently have a pretty bad interpolation system as well which makes aiming things unreliable on the move (both if the target is on the move and when you are on the move) and often resulting in us needing to lead moving targets by ungodly amount...

but judging from the sound of OP situation, he hit the target ...

the question is WHERE EXACTLY did he hit the target...

4 AC-20 shells spread all over the rear hitting all the torso sections (right, left) isn't exactly as lethal as 4 shells DEAD ON the center torso... and if all 4 was on center torso rear, it SHOULD be dead... if it's not dead then either he piled all his center torso armor to the rear (which is unlikely and suicidal)...

or more likely... he hit the hunch rear in various sections...

#5 sleeveless

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

[REDACTED]

Anyhow, yeah, the AC/20 is pretty muffed. For a weapon I love, it's sad to see it in it's current state. I take the explody Gauss over it on my 'D' Atlas and it's insanely more effective than the AC/20 on my DDC...even brawling. The ACs are all amess.

Edited by Viterbi, 09 December 2012 - 08:02 AM.
Removed reference to removed content

#6 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

[REDACTED]

I have the same trouble sometimes. I put it down to my lag. sometimes if i notice it in time i lead the target just slightly more and it seems to do the job.

Edited by Viterbi, 09 December 2012 - 08:03 AM.
Removed reference to removed content

#7 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

I see the same thing from time to time, with all weapons. Even on a nearly stationary target, sometimes it seems like the damage doesn't register.

#8 Sayyadina

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

The devs are on record as saying that the AC--20 needs work on projectile speed and impact damage.

Edited by Jenorra Bekker, 08 December 2012 - 10:28 PM.

#9 Zeke Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

The AC/20 is a weapon that takes priority on your playstyle. That means take it slow and watch your target. It doesn't work well as a "on the move" weapon and taking aim will leave you vulnarable.

#10 New Breed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostZolaz, on 08 December 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

REMOVED

Just wondering.. since you are MLG

What did I do wrong, with an AC20, shooting a non moving jenner twice and doing 0 damage. Damage doll flashes but didn't change.

I have a 14-15 ping in game.

Please gaming god, tell me what I did wrong. Thanks!.

#11 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostRiffleman, on 08 December 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

Actually they recently made "big hit" weapons do splash damage like the ppc did, to lengthen TTK and reduce headshotting. But I dont think they did this for unselfish reasons, I think they cant figure out how to eliminate aimbots set to headsnipe with gauss, and this nerf and the gauss exploding early nerf are just temporary bandaids till they can lock it down.

It sucks and its stupid for a weapon that requres so much investment in weight, ammo, heat creation, recycle times, and being up close

No, they didn't. It was confirmed by the devs that no such change was recently added. The OP in that post basicly lied to everyone, and no one bothered to question his credibility.

#12 aspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

View PostMrPenguin, on 08 December 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

No, they didn't. It was confirmed by the devs that no such change was recently added. The OP in that post basicly lied to everyone, and no one bothered to question his credibility.

Source? Can't find it but the search on here isn't so great.

#13 Kurayami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 916 posts
  • LocationSochi

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Well, as Niko Snow said - "Learn Gun-Fu". Future update will improve ac20 greatly.

#14 HC Harlequin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 655 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

dual UAC5's..

#15 Mr 144

• 1,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

I like the AC/20 just fine. Spent the past week working on training with it and got my first 'legit' raven kill with it last night. 150m out, on the move, and SRMs to soften with an AC/20 hit to finish it off. Obviously not it's primary function, but just demonstrating aiming is possible, it just has a very unforgiving learning curve.

With exploding Gauss Rifles, I think twice putting one in my Brawlers.
AC/20s are great for High Alpha builds.
Projectile speed will help it's 'usable' range.
Soon-to-be highest 'knock' in the game.

I would love to see a boost to it's internal health. I find it very fragile, which suprised me a bit.

Perhaps a slight 1 or 2 shot ammo/ton increase as well, as free-75%-ammo and an AC/20 usually don't go well together where other ammo dependant builds can plan around it due to the ton/shot ratio.

Mr 144

Edited by Mr 144, 08 December 2012 - 10:51 PM.

#16 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

View Postaspect, on 08 December 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

Source? Can't find it but the search on here isn't so great.

http://mwomercs.com/...e/page__st__160

All the way on the bottom.

#17 p00k

• 1,661 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

i'll take a dual ac5 or a single ac10 over an ac20 any day
as satisfying as it is to pop something with an ac20--and oh is it satisfying--the slightly smaller ac's are just so much more versatile, and so much less fragile

#18 Kobold

• Elite Founder
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

The problem is you might not be hitting where you think you are, due to the wonderful netcode.

#19 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

View PostKobold, on 08 December 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

The problem is you might not be hitting where you think you are, due to the wonderful netcode.

Always hits where I want it on any mech outside a light.

#20 GODzillaGSPB

• 2,028 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

View Postp00k, on 08 December 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

i'll take a dual ac5 or a single ac10 over an ac20 any day
as satisfying as it is to pop something with an ac20--and oh is it satisfying--the slightly smaller ac's are just so much more versatile, and so much less fragile

That depends...on the mech for instance. In a Hunchback or Centurion, where everyone is aiming for the hunchs box or for the cents arm, you might as well have the biggest and hardest hitting weapon possible in there before it inevitably breaks apart. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users