Ppc Disrupt Effect.

2 replies to this topic

#1 BlackSquirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 873 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Granted it's not in yet... or even confirmed. (Arm chair states they're looking into it.)

Besides HUD scramble I'm thinking it would be interesting if it also temporarily disrupted other systems such as Radar, Modules, and ECM. In which case I could see the heat justification. As then it would be more than just damage and a variation on "screen shake" like AC's do.

Nothing extreme mind you say between 1-5 second range with diminished returns. (mech tonnage add to factorization on duration?) Also i'd say adding a module (Grounded systems, or shielded electronics...Whatever name you want to give it.) to lessen the impact. Adds another layer of cat and mouse then another meta build layer.

Thoughts?

#2 Jack Corvus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

I think that the PPC should work in a manner according to the battletech fiction, where the electrical disruption is an annoyance with one hit (unless you are in a small mech, in which case it can quite bad) but can blow out electronic systems entirely if you are struck simultaneously.

I would like to see a system that, when you are struck, afflicts you with a 1.5 second stacking (subsequent stacks do not extend the duration of previous effects) effect. The manifestation of that effect depends on how many you have accumulated.

1 hit (1 effect), fuzzy HUD for the 1.5 seconds. A second hit in that 1.5 seconds causes loss of sensor data. If you could hit someone 3 times in that small window of opportunity it would render non-functional 1 weapon or piece of equipment for 3-5 seconds (like a jam).

edit: So to make an example:

An Atlas is struck by a PPC once. His HUD is full of static noise. It will last 1.5 seconds

He is struck again 1 second later. For the next half-second (the amount of overlap between the two effects), he loses his target lock, can't make new locks, and his battle map doesn't show mech positions. After half of a second, his ability to target is restored, and his map works as normal. His HUD remains fuzzy for 1 second after this, but then his mech returns to normal.

Then a few seconds later he takes 3 simulatenous PPC hits. So three stacks are applied all at once. His HUD goes fuzzy. He loses target lock and doesn't see mech positions on the map. And a piece of equipment shuts down for 3-5 seconds.

Edited by Jack Corvus, 12 December 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#3 BlackSquirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 873 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Seems legit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users