[Sug] Utilizing The Pre-Countdown Idle Time

4 replies to this topic

#1 Fireye

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

When dropping, there's between 10-30 seconds of time at the beginning of the match where I'm unable to do anything. I'd love to be able to open the battlemap, take control, and begin laying out markers. It wouldn't convey any particular advantage, except that I would actually USE the battlemap, since I rarely have time to when piloting a mech.

#2 Willie Sauerland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationKansas City, Missouri, USA

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

I think this has been mentioned before, but - YES!

And being able to chat with the team during this time so they know what is going on is also valuable...

#3 ArcDemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

In PUG matches it would really help to show the type of mech beside each name on your team, both before the match starts and in the TAB box. Right now you'll notice experienced PUGs spend the initial moments of a match looking around with Q to see what they are working with, and by that time the newer players have already taken off before a plan can be made.

#4 Willie Sauerland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationKansas City, Missouri, USA

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

I'm not sure I want the other team to know what type of Mechs they are facing. I think for this, the Tab should be available before the match starts so you can see your team information (names, mech type, ping). I want to keep some things a "surprise" for the other team...

#5 ArcDemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

View PostWillie Sauerland, on 11 December 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

I'm not sure I want the other team to know what type of Mechs they are facing. I think for this, the Tab should be available before the match starts so you can see your team information (names, mech type, ping). I want to keep some things a "surprise" for the other team...

Yeah, I said just for mechs on your team, you don't want the enemy to know what you have. It might be nice if *after* the match is over the final score screen showed mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users