K2 More Modular (With Pictures!)

29 replies to this topic

#1 Sulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

A bit of a dead horse at this point with the gauss nerf, but let me bring it up for discussion and for interesting visual images. I whipped this up in a hour or so cause I wanted to see what it looked like.

Basically the concept is that the gauss exploding is good, but the main problem, is and always has been, the K2 hitbox.

Posted Image

and for reference:

Posted Image

Thoughts?

#2 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

I dont get it...

#3 VanillaStarfish

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Thats 2*ac20 k2 right there

#4 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

it would be cool if they did this. Since they've already made it clear that they support the gauss build. Might as well help it make sense visually.

Those gauss bullets sure have a tough time squeezing through those MG barrels right now

they also need to remove the jump jet vents on the back of the K2

#5 Sarevos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

to be honest... that looks quite awesome and would probably cause me to mount acs on my k2 just to achieve that model if they count for left and right torso that would only be a bonus

#6 Thomas Dziegielewski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere - St.Ives - CERES METALS, AAlcadis Revised Underground Complex, B5

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Well if your barrels are going to stick out like that they'll make it easier for the left and right torso to be shot, more surface area to shoot at. Just a marginal weakness in any case.

Our modellers are sadly busy with other stuff right now. But I'm sure will get to such visual fluffing within a few months.

But the system is in place and is quite robust to allow such coolness.

#7 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostThomas Dziegielewski, on 12 December 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

Visual system is awesome right now. Love how modular thse mechs are and the fact that you guys went back and added the K-2 no PPC models. attention to detail is amazing there!

#8 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

That's great. PGI give this guy some money.

#9 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Well if your barrels are going to stick out like that they'll make it easier for the left and right torso to be shot, more surface area to shoot at. Just a marginal weakness in any case.

Our modellers are sadly busy with other stuff right now. But I'm sure will get to such visual fluffing within a few months.

I agree... however I REALLY think that this is something that needs to be added sooner than later really. Pull 1 guy and have him dedicate to it. You could push it out faster than "A few months down the line"

We've been wanting a change like this for a while, AND it makes those AC20's/Gauss rifles much more prominant on the K2, thus more fragile, making the build a true glass cannon, which is really what it's ment to be, as it sits, people complain that the K2's side torso's are "too hard to hit"

Well here's the fix.

#10 Bad Karma 308

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

.....But I'm sure will get to such visual fluffing.....

Sounds like Mech ****... I wouldn't want that job...!

Edited by Bad Karma 308, 12 December 2012 - 11:26 PM.

#11 Dukarriope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Locationa creative suite

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostTennex, on 12 December 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

attention to detail is amazing there!

Your standards for "attention to detail" must be awfully low if you think the way the barrels get cut off with a flat gray texture left there is considered "amazing" "attention to detail"...

Edited by Dukarriope, 12 December 2012 - 11:31 PM.

#12 Leetskeet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

Well if your barrels are going to stick out like that they'll make it easier for the left and right torso to be shot, more surface area to shoot at.

That was the pooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnttttttttttttttttttttttt

#13 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

I have used a K2, and I find it impossible to use. If you see a K2 aiming at you, prepare to move left/right in front of it. Because aming is not easy at a distance (gauss, PPC, ERPPCs). If moving straight on..your bound to be hit good, and I mean good. Their is tactics on K2s. Just got to think.

#14 LordBraxton

• The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

yaaaaaaaaaaaaay please fix the AC20 cat its totally cheap because of its hitboxes alone.

View PostVeeDog, on 13 December 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

I have used a K2, and I find it impossible to use. If you see a K2 aiming at you, prepare to move left/right in front of it. Because aming is not easy at a distance (gauss, PPC, ERPPCs). If moving straight on..your bound to be hit good, and I mean good. Their is tactics on K2s. Just got to think.

Same logic can be applied to any enemy mech, even lasers sweep across you if you use evasive maneuvers.

The k2's advantage is that it can carry 2 of the largest weapons in the game in the hardest to hit side torsos for any mech.

#15 Sulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Regardless of time frames I appreciate that you're thinking about it. :D

#16 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

I've been saying they should do this for ages and cannot fathom why it hasn't been done yet.

The big issue with the K2 gaussapult isn't the dual gauss itself, it's how tiny and uninhabitable the side torsos are and how stupid it looks for tiny MG ports to fire huge gauss slugs. The tiny K2 sides mean the recent gauss "nerf" barely effects the K2 at all.

Increasing the side torso hitbox sizes if big guns are installed in them would bring the K2 into much needed balance and the fact it hasn't been done yet suggest developer bias toward the chassis.

#17 Warlune

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 187 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

This would make it so much easier to destroy their ballistic weaponry.
Sounds good to me!

#18 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

I am hoping they get around to adding those huge gun barrels eventually. With the fragile nature of the Gauss and the ease of hitting the side torsos, it will balance that mech out a bit.

#19 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 13 December 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

I am hoping they get around to adding those huge gun barrels eventually. With the fragile nature of the Gauss and the ease of hitting the side torsos, it will balance that mech out a bit.

plus it'd look real ******* cool and give the K2 a drawback when mounting an Xl engine finally.

If you wanted to have your XL engine be almost immune to side torso blowout you'd have to take energy weapons or small ballistics instead.

Edited by QuantumButler, 13 December 2012 - 06:35 AM.

#20 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 13 December 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

plus it'd look real ******* cool and give the K2 a drawback when mounting an Xl engine finally.

If you wanted to have your XL engine be almost immune to side torso blowout you'd have to take energy weapons or small ballistics instead.

Yea, for sure. Don't get me wrong, as mostly a Catapult pilot, I like the side torsos being harder to hit (especially with XL engines), but at the same time, I like seeing the K2 Dual Gauss get nerfed. Just hopefully they get around to changing the K2 model.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users