Worried About The Future Of This Game

20 replies to this topic

#1 Cyndle

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

The topic says it all. The devs seem very quick to jump on some issues that are minor and then tend to ignore major issues. Also when ever they jump on something they seem to WAY over do it.

Case in point

UAC5: fixed in what 2 days instead of taking it to a reasonable jam rate it's now a broken weapon

Streakcats (okay it took them a while) and yes streaks needed minor toning down (adjust screen shake take away the total blindness) instead they put out a system that makes lights invinceable.

Gause: nothing was wrong with it. it was over used because it was a better weapon then others because heat is horrably broken. Now it's nothing but a time bomb.

Netcode: pretty much ignored

Optimization: They are occasionaly trying but realy it should be there number one priority

Heat: do i realy need to explain this one

Now ECM: The number of complaints and the sheer number of people using it should tell them there's a whole lot wrong yet they say it's fine.

If these devs don't pull there heads out and start making MINOR (even if it means more frequent) changes and start working on the fundamentaly flawed issues they've ignored they are going to kill this game off.

#2 IIIuminaughty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Im worried about u.

#3 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

#4 Sears

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 973 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...-command-chair/

This thread is worth checking out as it explains where they are with many of the things you've mentioned.

#5 Kaijin

• 2,137 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

OP is not alone in this assessment. But...what can you do? This. Only this.

#6 Jadel Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

1. UAC5 I dont use it but get shot by it alot. Seems to be working.

2. Streakcats didnt need a minor adjustment.

3. Gauss was too powerful.

4. Optimization is fine.

5. Netcode ... Im not convinced its much of a problem.

6. Heat yes you do need to explain because it is pretty much perfect now.

7. ECM. Does suck.

I rate your post 1.5/7

Edited by Jadel Blade, 14 December 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#7 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

ah welcome. please take a number

#8 Igor Draskovic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

View PostJadel Blade, on 14 December 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

4. Optimization is fine.

6. Heat yes you do need to explain because it is pretty much perfect now.

I rate your post 1.5/7

Are you out of your mind?

#9 SpiralRazor

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

1. UAC5 I dont use it but get shot by it alot. Seems to be working. (Its completely a RNG weapon now..broken)

2. Streakcats didnt need a minor adjustment. (Agreed, bad pilots are bad.)

3. Gauss was too powerful. (Dont think so, everything else ballistic just sucked by comparison)

4. Optimization is fine.(Seriously? Optimization is terribad, which you would know if you were running the tools checking CPU/GPU utilization)

5. Netcode ... Im not convinced its much of a problem.( Wow...clueless bro, netcode is the NUMERO 1 issue the game has right now...literally almost every other balance issue stems from this)

6. Heat yes you do need to explain because it is pretty much perfect now. (If you ignore math completely, yeah sure its fine.)

7. ECM. Does suck. (Some truths are self-evident)

I rate your post -3 out of 10 because of the netcode and heat comments.

Edited by SpiralRazor, 14 December 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#10 Jadel Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostIgor Draskovic, on 14 December 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

Are you out of your mind?

No.

Which of those particularly causes you to doubt my sanity?

It cant be heat. learn to play if heat is so much of a problem for you.

Optimization. Buy a better pc. Or fix your current one. Mine is nearly 3 years old now and it runs fine.

Netcode. Perhaps this one. I just think most people are confusing plain old lag with some magical fixable "netcode" problem.

If you dont live in NA and you play on a NA server its going to be laggy. It has been since online gaming started and it will be forever more.

Now for those that claim they cant hit things due to lag shield when they live next door to the server farm .. well if that is really happening then it is a problem. Thats why I give this 1/2 a point.

#11 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

View PostJadel Blade, on 14 December 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

If you dont live in NA and you play on a NA server its going to be laggy. It has been since online gaming started and it will be forever more.

if you haven't heard this game has but the local serves so any foreigner goes from 150 ping to 1000 pending on conditions, and ecm spikes it too so i've heard. don't ever suggest that we have to find a different country to play a free2ply game, one of many reasons why your sanity is in doubt.

#12 Inconspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

View PostJadel Blade, on 14 December 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

Thankfully the devs are aware and working on the netcode...

#13 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

and to the OP, you bringing all those issues up, you and only you, will get things done faster and better, because it's you...despite the thousands of other threads on various issues and topics and discussions over the same issues...but, alas, it's your thread that motivates PGI to make the perfect game...thank you! Where have you been all this time?

Edited by Coolant, 14 December 2012 - 11:26 PM.

#14 Jadel Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostInconspicuous, on 14 December 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

Thankfully the devs are aware and working on the netcode...

And when the "fix" it tons of the whiners are gonna wonder why their problems still remain.

#15 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

No.

Which of those particularly causes you to doubt my sanity?

It cant be heat. learn to play if heat is so much of a problem for you.

Optimization. Buy a better pc. Or fix your current one. Mine is nearly 3 years old now and it runs fine.

Netcode. Perhaps this one. I just think most people are confusing plain old lag with some magical fixable "netcode" problem.

Now for those that claim they cant hit things due to lag shield when they live next door to the server farm .. well if that is really happening then it is a problem. Thats why I give this 1/2 a point.

I think we should be questioning your intelligence and not your sanity. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. $120 does tend to make things look rosey.

#16 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

Gauss was perfectly fine, the problem is with the k2, not the gauss.

Too late now though.

#17 Jadel Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 14 December 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

I think we should be questioning your intelligence and not your sanity. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. $120 does tend to make things look rosey.

lol ok. Good points you win.

No wait...

Absolutely none of the "issues" in the OP have anything to do with founders status. And your elite status confers the exact same bonuses as the legendary anyway. So... you went full ****** on that.

The only questionable point I make is regarding netcode and I stand by it. Peoples inability to grasp the fact that lag is inherent to online gaming without localized servers is what makes the "netcode issue" seem like an epidemic.

It is impossible to fix geography. Endlessly whining about it might be fun but it wont achieve anything. As has already been said the devs are working on fixing the genuine issue but it wont be the cure everyone is hoping for.

#18 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostJadel Blade, on 15 December 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

lol ok. Good points you win.

No wait...

Absolutely none of the "issues" in the OP have anything to do with founders status. And your elite status confers the exact same bonuses as the legendary anyway. So... you went full ****** on that.

The only questionable point I make is regarding netcode and I stand by it. Peoples inability to grasp the fact that lag is inherent to online gaming without localized servers is what makes the "netcode issue" seem like an epidemic.

It is impossible to fix geography. Endlessly whining about it might be fun but it wont achieve anything. As has already been said the devs are working on fixing the genuine issue but it wont be the cure everyone is hoping for.

Thanks for proving my point.

#19 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

Tell that to the stationary Awesome i saw pour it's full firepower into a shutdown Commando and do 0 damage.

#20 Kotsuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

View PostJadel Blade, on 14 December 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

And when the "fix" it tons of the whiners are gonna wonder why their problems still remain.

Its always easier to blame something or someone else than it is to admit incompetence..B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users