54 replies to this topic

#1 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

A simple quiz game concerning the Clan lore. The rules are simple, one person asks a question, the person who answers correct can ask the next question.

Like so:

User A: Who was the first Jade Falcon Khan?
User B: Elizabeth Hazen
User A: Correct
User B: How many mechs can a Union C hold?

Etc.

So, I'll start with this really easy question:

Who is considered to be the founder of all Clans?

#2 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

View PostStormwolf, on 14 December 2012 - 02:01 AM, said:

Who is considered to be the founder of all Clans?

Alexander Kerensky

Q: What clans won on tukayyid?

#3 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

View PostAshnod, on 14 December 2012 - 02:59 AM, said:

Alexander Kerensky

Wrong

#4 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

Oh.. Whoops.. Was thinking of the great father.. Nicholas than ><

#5 Malekhai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Alexander Kerensky

A: Clan Wolf and Clan Ghost Bear

Q: Who planted the nuclear warhead in Clan Snow Raven's genetic depository on Dehra Dun (FYI Sarna's webpage is not updated for the correct answer to this)

#6 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

View PostAshnod, on 14 December 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

Oh.. Whoops.. Was thinking of the great father.. Nicholas than ><

Correct :)

#7 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

Clan Wolf won all of its objectives, the Jade Falcons and Ghost Bears each got a draw.

#8 Ice Naga

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

View PostStormwolf, on 14 December 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

Clan Wolf won all of its objectives, the Jade Falcons and Ghost Bears each got a draw.

Neg.

Both the ilKhan and the Precentor Martial agreed that the Ghost Bears had a marginal victory.

If you keep spreading lies about the mighty Ghost Bears I will be forced to challenge you to a Trial of Grievance.

#9 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostIce Naga, on 14 December 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

Neg.

Both the ilKhan and the Precentor Martial agreed that the Ghost Bears had a marginal victory.

If you keep spreading lies about the mighty Ghost Bears I will be forced to challenge you to a Trial of Grievance.

You overestimate the Ghost Bear touman, they were unable to hold on to Luk.

#10 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

well since no question was asked in the last one. What clan mech has been produced in the fewest numbers?

#11 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostMalekhai, on 14 December 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

A: Clan Wolf and Clan Ghost Bear

Q: Who planted the nuclear warhead in Clan Snow Raven's genetic depository on Dehra Dun (FYI Sarna's webpage is not updated for the correct answer to this)

From what I have read so far lots of hints that it may not of been Clan Wolverine, if new info available do tell us in what source book (or whatever it is in) once thread moved on to next question please.

#12 Marius Malthus

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostFiachdubh, on 14 December 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

From what I have read so far lots of hints that it may not of been Clan Wolverine, if new info available do tell us in what source book (or whatever it is in) once thread moved on to next question please.

yes it was clan wolverine.
or the unnamed clan.

#13 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

View PostFiachdubh, on 14 December 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

I guess Era Digest - Golden Century is the sourcebook in question that somewhat...uhm...rewrites history.

#14 Marius Malthus

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

The Wolverines were among the most vocal critics of Nicholas Kerensky's authoritarian rule over the Clans. Official Clan histories state that they were Annihilated for espousing anti-Clan sentiments, such as democracy and independence, but the reality is somewhat different. Many Clans were suffering internal strife at the time of the Clan Wolverine incident, and Nicholas saw that the Clans as a whole were on the brink of rebelling against his authority. The Wolverines served as both object lesson and common enemy against whom the other nineteen Clans could unite.
Clan Wolf carried out the Grand Council's sentence against Khan Sarah McEvedy and her Clan. What started out as a Trial of Absorption became a Trial of Annihilation when Clan Wolverine allegedly uses a nuclear weapon on Clan Snow Raven's genetic repository. Later investigation strongly suggested that some Clan Wolverine members - predominantly civilians and second-line troops had been able to flee. Officially put down to bad bookkeeping, the whereabouts and disposition of any survivors remains unknown.

#15 Ice Naga

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostStormwolf, on 14 December 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

You overestimate the Ghost Bear touman, they were unable to hold on to Luk.

The reason they ended up pulling out is because the rest of the Clans were already defeated or pulling out as well. There was no reason to waste any more lives in one battle when the war was already lost. Because of the significant loss of the ComGuard forces, both sides agreed that it was a Ghost Bear victory.

#16 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

and everyone ignored my question... So I will repeat it, what clan mech was produced in the fewest numbers?

#17 Malekhai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Okay first off I said in my post that sarna.net was NOT updated for the new information from the new source book so don't copy and paste it from sarna.net >.> and as no one can answer my question- Clan Widowmaker planted the nuclear warheads in the depository and left evidence implicating the Wolverines in the matter, this all is according to the jihad secrets source book.

#18 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

So what you are saying is annihilate all Clans starting with a W just to be safe. 'Wars of Reaving' has a few competing theories on the nuking of Dehra Dun and one little and potentially politically explosive hints as to the fate of the Wolverines.

#19 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

View PostMarius Malthus, on 14 December 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

The Wolverines were among the most vocal critics of Nicholas Kerensky's authoritarian rule over the Clans. Official Clan histories state that they were Annihilated for espousing anti-Clan sentiments, such as democracy and independence, but the reality is somewhat different. Many Clans were suffering internal strife at the time of the Clan Wolverine incident, and Nicholas saw that the Clans as a whole were on the brink of rebelling against his authority. The Wolverines served as both object lesson and common enemy against whom the other nineteen Clans could unite.
Clan Wolf carried out the Grand Council's sentence against Khan Sarah McEvedy and her Clan. What started out as a Trial of Absorption became a Trial of Annihilation when Clan Wolverine allegedly uses a nuclear weapon on Clan Snow Raven's genetic repository. Later investigation strongly suggested that some Clan Wolverine members - predominantly civilians and second-line troops had been able to flee. Officially put down to bad bookkeeping, the whereabouts and disposition of any survivors remains unknown.

This was the start of CBS's withdrawal (CBS supported Clan Wolverine because of what CBS perceived its remit as the Blood Spirits (per Nikolas desires) to be) and the decline of true Clan ideals.

#20 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostMalekhai, on 14 December 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

Okay first off I said in my post that sarna.net was NOT updated for the new information from the new source book so don't copy and paste it from sarna.net >.> and as no one can answer my question- Clan Widowmaker planted the nuclear warheads in the depository and left evidence implicating the Wolverines in the matter, this all is according to the jihad secrets source book.

Actually, BattleCorps fiction: Betrayal of Ideals, written by Blaine Lee Pardoe has it that the Warhead was fired from a Snow Raven warship aimed for a dropship that had Not-Named sibkos and solehma. At the last moment the Dropship evaded and the warhead hit Dehra Dun. Of course that is not how it is recorded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users