Joystick Support.

1 reply to this topic

#1 t0mn8r

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Valuable team members @ Piranha games,
It has been 4 months since I installed MWO and I was very excited to play this game since I used to play the previous incarnations.

The game looks good and I like the faithful way you have lovingly recreated the look and feel of the previous game.

I have tried all of the suggested ways of implementing joystick support in this game to no avail (i.e. separate config files etc.).

Nothing has worked. My mech can only turn one way and the speed can only be controlled via the keyboard.

MW has always been a game to be played with a joystick (go ahead, flame me already :P) just like flying games.

I was happy to pay my money but not with shoddy support of this nature.

I am hoping that one of the tech support staff will have the balls to get up and support joysticks officially.

#2 Robber

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 24 posts
  • LocationColumbus, TX

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Made a post about the same thing on a different thread before I saw yours. Take 1 or 2 people on your support team and make the joysticks work already. Don't worry about the different camera angles for arm and torso weapons. Pick 1 and stay with it. We have figured out the difference between the "o" and "+" for targeting already. Here is my post from a different thread.

"[color=#959595]This is simple. They have people that write code. Implement the code that allows a "slider" to have a positive and negative "read forward and reverse aspect. The drivers and devices are out there. Should be very easy for people to be able to map the controls from the menu but key aspects are AFU. Talk all you want about people using XML editors to map their own controls, customers shouldn't be implementing changes to make this work, the supplier/producers should. Hell, look at the code from the old games and figure it out. I can play MW3 and MW4 with all its variants fine with my joystick, but these throttle and axis controls for MWO are still screwy at best. Make the product user friendly for the non-keyboard players. You code it, you make it click and map/drag and drop ... not us. [/color]

[color=#959595]Yes I normally use the keyboard but I was hoping I could go back to using my joystick to no avail. I've never played a MW game with a keyboard before now .. didn't need to. Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, simple joystick and can't be that hard to actually enable support of without me having to edit an "user.xxx" file. [/color]

[color=#959595]Yes I have supported this game through 2 founders packs and some MC purchases. Devs, I've paid for supporting a game and "universe" I really enjoy playing. Guarantee I'm not alone and you might want to spend the time to start dealing with simple stuff before some of us just "say screw this ... they can't even deal with the easy stuff." I won't quit this game but I have a lot of friends that are diehard joystick people that have either bailed out, are about to bail out, or are still in the ropes. [/color]

[color=#959595]I tried remapping all of the basic controls with minimal success today Dec. 15, 2012 as it relates to throttle and axis issues. "[/color]

Edited by Robber, 18 December 2012 - 04:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users