9 replies to this topic

#1 Laniarty

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 67 posts
  • LocationBNE, Australia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

The clans, according to the lore, will be upon us in March/April 2013. In between that time we have the Stalker, Spider, Trebuchet, Jagermech and Highlander to come. By PGI's own reckoning they can only release 1 mech per month. That leaves the last of those inner sphere mechs to be release in April 2013.

People always seem to be asking for mechs like the King Crab, Annihilator, Zeus... but have we seen the last of IS reveals?

#2 bug3at3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

It's to my understanding mechs will keep popping out for the entire duration the game is up and running

#3 Relic1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationDying at the end of your cheese build!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Just because the Clans invade in 3 months, does not mean that they will be available from that point. I would expect to be able to have access to them from around the middle to the end of next year at the earliest.

#4 Bitslizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

The Ask the dev 28 say we'll see more IS mech before Clan arrive, that said here's my WAG that we'll see 1 more IS Heavy and 1 more IS Assault, which will round out 5 IS mech in each tonnage class, but if we keep the pace of 1 mech a month that will put Clan into late summer early fall.

#5 Buck Cake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

I'd be positively surprised to see this game up and running at full health in late summer.

#6 JP Josh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • Locationsteam- jp josh

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

forgot the flee man ;) hehehhehee the annoying thing with the ppc ; )

#7 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Good ol' Flea "because the commando needed something to beat up". Can't wait =)

#8 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Sorry guys but I dont think they will be able to keep to the March/April time frame for the clan Invasion. There are still many other issues that need to be addressed with just the Inner Sphere stuff (game play) before we can truly think of the clans. And besides... its already been said that the Clans will hit in the Summer of 2013. March/April is hardly Summer lol

#9 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

as i asked elsewhere, how are they going to introduce clans without CW? AI bot clan mechs randomly invading matches?

#10 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Yeah, it's hardly possible that the invasion will come at the correct date. In March we may finally have a working game with good balance. I don't think that they will toss in all the new Clan stuff so soon at that point. Not to mention all the Clan mechs - they can't cover the invasion with only one or two chassis. If they aren't working secretly at 4-6 Clan mechs at this moment, I don't see this happening before late summer or even later.
My best guess would be that they'll wait till the game runs stable and has most of its content so they can concentrate on all the Clan stuff. And then they'll release the invasion as some kind of add-on with a bunch of mechs and all (or most) of the weapons in one strike. Doesn't make sense to introduce the Clans when they can only add one mech/month.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users