Several Thoughts On Pug And How To Play:)

No replies to this topic

#1 LachtaN

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

First of all, its my first post on the forum and hopefully last one:) I'm quite new to MWO but definitely not to the whole Mechwarrior franchise (been playing since Mechwarrior in early 1990...and will play since death -> till of course we have them in real) B)

So to cut the chase:

1] Stick to your teammates, being Atlas, whatsoever mech, alone you're easy pick for any group of three or more mechs...

2] Play your role....
a] light/medium you harrass, scout, cap, cancel cap (so many matches lost to that last point, your team is winning, you're lost in brawling and enemy team cap just cause you don't listen).... btw: it goes the opposite way, heavy/assault, if you see light/med in trouble...help, go into the way, waste that one salvo just to keep him safe and enemy worried...
b] heavy, you hunt, you kill, you help break the line by supporting assault idiots:)
c] assault, you go in there, give them hell, take hell and hope that your teammates make advantage out of that....

3] keep track on map what's going on, ecm made it a little difficult but anyway, even in the heat of the battle while you recharge those 2-3 secs, give a quick look on the map...you might be needed somewhere else.....

4] chat with your team, call in enemy mechs (perfect example is that ****** frozen lake map (or how do you call it, or frozen **** with tunnel), check the water, call in if you see some even on heat quick glance).....that 1 minute before actual battle makes the difference...

5] use groupings of weapons correctly, aim right.....torso weapons & arm weapons are different thing, diff. aim.... for example on one of my atlases its large lasers on arms to engage (quite quick moving and handy) and 2*SRM6, AC20 and two med lasers on torso to finish them off:D

No expert there but having all the Atlas mechs, several heavy's and usually being the top2 in exp/damage..... I thought I might suggest small advice....

Cheers and happy hunting!

LachtaN

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users