Warhammer Vs. Thunderbolt

156 replies to this topic

Poll: Warhammer Vs. Thunderbolt (433 member(s) have cast votes)

Would a Warhammer or a Thunderbolt win in a One on One match?

1. Warhammer (150 votes [34.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.64%

2. Thunderbolt (121 votes [27.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.94%

3. Depends on terrain (69 votes [15.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.94%

4. Depends on pilot (60 votes [13.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.86%

5. Everything sucks, go Urbanmech, the magical trashcan (27 votes [6.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.24%

6. Depends on role (6 votes [1.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

Honestly, i would love to see these mechs in game so that we could battle out our arguments and differences.

I added one more based on the Dev Blogs.

#102 Sassori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBlackjack

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:29 AM

If they added the Thunderbolt I'd be all over that thing like white on rice.

I'd definitely rip off the LRM-15, yank out the SRM launcher and the machine guns. I'd throw a PPC into the Large Laser slot, upgrade the Medium Lasers to ER Mediums, use the rest of the weight for jump jets and double heat sinks and go to town baby... Thing would be beast.

#103 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

No ER mediums or Double heat sinks yet. Don't worry, its only a year long wait. ;)

#104 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

Looks like Warhammer won out by the time this forum went down.

#105 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

Random Reboot!

#106 wendlebum

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

Thunderbolt for several reasons, ppcs over heat warhammer and do 10dmg x2 t bolt can get less heat with lrm15 +LL8

up close the war hammer cant really ppc it with the srm6 +med lasers the tbolt has more flexability and better alpha in the LL.

imho.

oh yeah warhammer 10 tons of armour

t bolt 13 tons armour
as we know armour is 16 pts per ton waeapon avg 4points per ton.

of course lucky hits it may go warhammer :D

doubles are in i imagine serial production in 3041 according to sarna seems right

Edited by wendlebum, 06 July 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#107 EvangelionUnit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 776 posts
  • LocationWarframe

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

most people point out whats going to happend in the table top, but in a game like MWO or MWLL i would bet my money on the warhammer ... lagging with dual ppc shots or timed burst (chainfire ftw), keeping distance until the t-bolt is imobilized ... than finish it

oh and its super funny to think that the LRM 15 in the tabletop dose ALLWAYS 15 damage to the SAME zone ... good lol guys ...

you have bigger spread with the damage of the t-bolt than with 2 massive 10 damage hits (not to mention that you have to roll for piloting each turn you get hit from both ppc's)

Edited by EvangelionUnit, 06 July 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#108 JHare

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostChristopher Dayson, on 24 May 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

If they added the Thunderbolt I'd be all over that thing like white on rice.

I'd definitely rip off the LRM-15, yank out the SRM launcher and the machine guns. I'd throw a PPC into the Large Laser slot, upgrade the Medium Lasers to ER Mediums, use the rest of the weight for jump jets and double heat sinks and go to town baby... Thing would be beast.

If it doesn't mount JJs by default, I'm -pretty sure it can't in MWO. I'll need to go find that quote though.

Honestly though, You would have a cheaper Overhall just taking a grasshopper and replacing the LRM5 with an SRM4. You get 4/6/4, 4ML, LL, SRM4. and the same 13 tons armor

And I would have voted for the Thug. 4/6/0, 19 HS, 2PPC, 2SRM4, 14.5 Tons armor

Edited by JHare, 06 July 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#109 Haldricht

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSunbury, OH

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Tabletop argument? Thunderbolt has 30% more armor, which is a tough thing to overcome. At range, the Thunderbolt can fire all day without overheating, while the Warhammer goes +2 if it fires both PPCs, before factoring in movement. This holds true until the two are on top of each other, at which point the Warhammer has a slight edge from mass and the SLs. I give the nod to the Thunderbolt overall, with odds at 11-9.

#110 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

Using the 3025 TRO designs I would go for the Thunderbolt.
It has more armor and handles heat better has similar punch at distance (Lrg Laser and LRM 15) to the warhammer.So with similar damage output plus more armor and better heat managment the T-Bolt has the edge in stand off ranged exchanges.

#111 Murphy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

Had to go with the Thunderbolt - those things are stupid tough, and routinely are the mechs that seem to need every single bubble marked before they will sing with the angels.

The Thunderbolt is a better brawler, but lacks the single location punch of the Warhammer PPCs.

#112 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

TDR-5Sb she will kill a warhammer because she can just sit down and fire away once the warhammer gets close just move back and keep firing and say bye bye to that non star league variant in minutes

#113 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

There's one thing I haven't seen mentioned... If the terrain permits it, the Warhammer does NOT want the Thunderbolt to get into melee range. The leg armor on the Warhammer is so thin that a Thunderbolt can practically breach it with one kick.

No kicking in MWO, you say? Well there aren't any Warhammers or Thunderbolts either. Solve THAT problem first and I'll be so happy that I'll forget about the other part. :P

#114 Buck Rogers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationMica Majority

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

I always thought that, overall, the Thunderbolt was a better mech. I personally prefer the styling as well. It's basically a stumpier Thor/Summoner.

But i voted for the Urbanmech.

My Little Urbie, My Little Urbie,
What is urban defense all about?
My Little Urbie, My Little Urbie,
Urban defense is magic!

#115 Death Weasel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 227 posts
  • LocationDrinking your milk from the carton.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

Thunderbolt absolutely. The Warhammer would have to get very lucky to win in a 1v1.

#116 Aeryk Corsaer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCentral California

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

I partly say the Thunderbolt because it was the first 'Mech I fought in because I liked the varied weapon load and its looks plus I have had two fights just like this comparison and won both. It has always been one of my favorites (the Thunderbolt) but you cannt discount the firepower and decent heat endurance of the venerable WarHammer. Th armor, and especially the leg armor, of the WarHammer is not great compared to the T-bolt so kicking is a valid attack at close range for the T-bolt. Overall laying several barrages of LRM to soften, close to use the large laser also. Running while firing both long-range weapons is no heat for the T-bolt while 4 heat is built up by the 'Hammer.

This means the 'Hammer has to alternate from two to one PPC or suffer a movement of 3/5 following the second consecutive round. Therefore, assuming hits for three rounds the T-bolt will average 17 points of damage times 3 rounds = 51 damage while the WarHammer will cause 50 points of damage but be at 4 heat at the end of the round. Pretty close, huh. Only issue here is that the Thunderbolt has 48 points more armor than the Warhammer. Close up the WarHammer has one less Med Laser but two small lasers plus its MG are not on an arm like the T-bolt. The SRM-6 outclasses the SRM-2 obviously but the key factor in one of my fights was that I could wild a tree as a club - the WarHammer could not.

#117 Murku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

I'd root for the Thunderbolt as they are the meanest looking Mechs ever created. They are the Dwarf Bezerkers of the Battletech Universe!

#118 Ubertron X

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

Done many T-Bolt vs Warhammer duels. Usually T-Bolt will win because of WH bad leg armor. Close as fast as possible without being sucidial while softening up the WH. LL and LRM are inferior to dual PPCs but not by so much. Win Ini in close combat one or two times and kick WH to pieces.

However this is one on one only. 4 Warhammer would probable beat 4 Thunderbolts.

#119 BlueCordGamer

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

This is way to simple...Thunderbolt wins via Harmony Gold lawsuit, taking the Warhammer out of action.....

#120 BrokenDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMiddlesex(UK)

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

Thunderbolt should take it. [3025]
WHM-6D makes up the armour and heatsink problem at the expence of close range ability.
Level 2 and modified mechs will change the odds.
I would rather take a ride in a Thunderbolt or an Orion than a Warhammer or a Marauder.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users