The Nova Cat.

25 replies to this topic

#1 Ethicus

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

I know the clans aren't here yet, but I've always wanted this question answered because i don't know if it's just me who prefers it or if im crazy for thinking such things:

Does anyone else prefer a Nova Cat over a Mad Cat or any other Clan heavy/

Edited by Ethicus, 11 August 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#2 ShootRange

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

Noca Cat?????

#3 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

This should be over at the Clan forums.

And judging by their pride, all Wolfers will kick you out, while Nova Cat (the actual Clan) followers would welcome you in. :)

#4 MATEO FALCONE

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

In the days of mw4 the nova was a preferable mech. This i base on the fact that you only need to clear an obstacle by two pixels in order to have all your weapons hit a target. Thus being able to fire through hillsides and through buildings between you and your target without exposing your whole mech. It was a cheap tactic employed by nova cat pilots but it made it very effective. In my opinion more so than the mad cat or the mk 2. Hopefully that will not be the case though in mwo.

#5 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

Haven't piloted a MWO Timber Wolf yet. And until I even pilot anything, I'd have nothing to compare it by.

#6 Ethicus

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostAdridos, on 20 May 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

This should be over at the Clan forums.

And judging by their pride, all Wolfers will kick you out, while Nova Cat (the actual Clan) followers would welcome you in. :)

Hmmmm..... you have a point on that one, definitely forgot about that but thank you lol

#7 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

Nova Cat is too reliant on its arms, since all of its weapons are there. In MWLL its pretty much standard practice to shoot this things arms off first.

#8 Yogibear24

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

Nova Cat is probably my favorite clan heavy mech. The weapon selection is moderate for the stock versions of it. But in MW4, you can customize it in the mech lab to have 5 large lasers and 4 clan machineguns plus 15+ heat sinks. Two blasts from those 5 large lasers combined kills any mech. Lights can get destroyed in 1 hit sometimes. Also, I like how the Nova Cat has decent armor. I hope the Dragon in MWO has a little bit more armor than the ones in previous games.

#9 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

if i was forced into a 3050 clan mech it would be a summoner over either of those two choices. not for the clan it comes from, but for the long range default and its good mobility for the tonnage.

#10 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

My 3050 clan choices would be:

Royken Primary (Very Fast, combined with the weapons and armor load out of a typical heavy, what's not to like)
Vulture Primary (Good Long Range capability with the LRMs but still packs a punch after the ammo is gone)
Summoner Alt D (Fast, Well Armored, Jump Jets, Great Energy loadout and TWO anti-missile systems to keep the flies away, what's not to like)

#11 Stormeris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Bah, Clanners...

#12 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

The Nova Cat is definitely among my favourites.

#13 Sgt Juice

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCambridge, Ontario Canada

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Well the Nova Cat was my choice too during MW4? I liked it because of the weapon load out and long range hitting power. I remember it having two PPC's as for the rest I'm not sure. Been a little too long! I was also playing with heat turned off so it was not all that fair. i hope that mw online wont have that option so people will be forced to play with skill this time.. I also remember MW4 getting a little annoying near the end with all the new and crazy weapons that were coming out. I also don't make that same mistake in the future.

#14 Mota Prefect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 634 posts
  • LocationAboard Sheep Star 1 Battleship - Location Classified

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostSgt Juice, on 20 May 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

Well the Nova Cat was my choice too during MW4? I liked it because of the weapon load out and long range hitting power. I remember it having two PPC's as for the rest I'm not sure. Been a little too long! I was also playing with heat turned off so it was not all that fair. i hope that mw online wont have that option so people will be forced to play with skill this time.. I also remember MW4 getting a little annoying near the end with all the new and crazy weapons that were coming out. I also don't make that same mistake in the future.

Heat off? ewwwwww

#15 Sgt Juice

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCambridge, Ontario Canada

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

LOL! Yah well I was a younger guy then.

#16 Bloodshed Romance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFlorence, South Carolina

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

I'd play either a Nova Cat or Mad Cat MKII... i've only played MW4 (vengeance, black knight, and mercs) and MW3/MW3 Pirates Moon (wish I could get 3/pirates moon to work again..) and I play MWLL (living legends).. the Thor, Mauler, Mad Cat MKII, Nova Cat, and Black Knight were some of my most favorite mechs.

#17 Scro

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationDubuque,Iowa USA

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

I like most clan mechs Mad cat, Nova cat, Blood Asp, I really love the Blood Kite. also there is Dire Wolf.

#18 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostShootRange, on 20 May 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

Noca Cat?????
why ask this when you know what he meant?

#19 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

i would not worry to much about the Nova Cat anyway as in the clan invasion this was the list of clan mech that were used and really should be the only clan mech we should see any time soon.

#20 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

When the time does come, and the Nova Cat is released.. will I prefer it? No. Never. Nadda. Why? Takes clairvoyance to pilot well, and even then they still have the same problem. They are a Nova Cat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users