1017 replies to this topic

#1 Spuds McHaggis

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

COME ON.

ECM is [redacted] still. I can't believe I payed money to play a [redacted].

FIX THE [redacted]!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Niko Snow, 01 January 2013 - 06:18 PM.
Vulgarities

#2 Mack1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

View PostMowie, on 19 December 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

COME ON.

ECM is [redacted] still. I can't believe I payed money to play a [redacted].

FIX THE [redacted]!!!!!!!!!!!

It's staying by the looks of it so just buy a laser boat and join in the brawl, LRM's/SSRM's were taken out of the game because the masses could not play against them. Games today have to be easymode or the tears flow, so you have no chance of ECM being nerfed, it will stay as an IWIN button for noobs.

#3 Omni Tek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationSPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

View PostMack1, on 19 December 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

It's staying by the looks of it so just buy a laser boat and join in the brawl, LRM's/SSRM's were taken out of the game because the masses could not play against them. Games today have to be easymode or the tears flow, so you have no chance of ECM being nerfed, it will stay as an IWIN button for noobs.

No the chances of it being nerfed /more counters put in is actually quite alright, the chances of it being removed however is about 0.1%

#4 Deadoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

LRms are now a common sight again, they are terrifying to be up against due to the shear numbers of launchers the stalker can put out, being in the open without ecm or the boat being in a good spot is a death trap.

#5 Zero Neutral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

View PostDeadoon, on 19 December 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

LRms are now a common sight again, they are terrifying to be up against due to the shear numbers of launchers the stalker can put out, being in the open without ecm or the boat being in a good spot is a death trap.

True story... last match was 6/8 LRM boats on my team.

#6 Buttski

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

at least give every team an ecm mech when pugging. ecm as it is a gamewinner, if the other team has none.

#7 Kaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

View PostDeadoon, on 19 December 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

LRMs are only a common sight now because the Stalker comes stock with them and/or players are trying out the new TAG. ECM is still blatantly OP and needs to be toned down . An extended range TAG is not a counter to it. TAG takes an energy hardpoint and has to be aimed and fired. ECM has neither requirement. It's 1.5 tons of EZ OP.

Edited by Kaijin, 19 December 2012 - 02:50 AM.

#8 Asapiophobe Vortex

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

They could take ECM out...

Or you could learn to aim with something that doesn't lock on your target automatically...

/Trollface

#9 Deadoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

View PostKaijin, on 19 December 2012 - 02:48 AM, said:

LRMs are only a common sight now because the Stalker comes stock with them and/or players are trying out the new TAG. ECM is still blatantly OP and needs to be toned down . An extended range TAG is not a counter to it. TAG takes an energy hardpoint and has to be aimed and fired. ECM has neither requirement. It's 1.5 tons of EZ OP.

I never said ecm wasn't op, I'm just saying that lrm are still quite a valuable tool when used properly.

Edited by Deadoon, 19 December 2012 - 02:53 AM.

#10 Kaijin

• 2,137 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostAsapiophobe Vortex, on 19 December 2012 - 02:51 AM, said:

They could take ECM out...

Or you could learn to aim with something that doesn't lock on your target automatically...

/Trollface

Trollface is right. I've got more direct-fire kills than LRM kills. What I'm after is good game design. One system more or less nullifying another is not it.

#11 Eleshod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 187 posts
  • LocationVegas baby!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

I don't know about you guys but i'm having 0 issues putting LRM's down range against ECM. Just use a TAG, it's funny to watch the ECM mechs freak out when they start taking missile locks.

Also, other then the ECM atlas most of the ECM mechs are a cake walk to take down with average weapons, just shoot the scouts in the legs.

Honestly the ONLY thing ECM breaks is Radar and SSRM's there's work arounds otherwise. and since itcan only go on 4 mechs total you can easily learn how to deal with each. It's a modual in the game that changes up combat, it forces people to get out of their "Pew pew" call of duty tunnel vision and use some strat. "Hostile ECM raven pile it"

#12 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

LRMs were taken out, they were not easy mode, but the implementation was made too reliant on what others do.
Most of easy modes are still in game and are going nowhere. Brawling builds are easy mode by definition - you pack as much weapons as you can, get as close to the enemy as you can and shoot its central torso.
Things are not always as they are named by forum whiners, and since most of players are average at best, most prefer rather easy tactics that achieve victory. If such tactics ensures victory, it is easy mode. LRMs ensure nothing except for the one's humiliating death, stockpiling gauss rifles now doesn't ensure victory either as it did not so long ago. On the other hand, packing as much close range weapons does, as well as running around 140+ kmph and shooting things.

Eleshod: Please, tell me how do you TAG light mech running 140 kmph? How can I shoot someone running that fast in legs with current net code? Why doesn't TAG increase damage of LRMs in any noticeable way?

Edited by Mordin Ashe, 19 December 2012 - 03:03 AM.

#13 Tigerchen

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 97 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

View PostMowie, on 19 December 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

COME ON.

ECM is utter rodents ****** still. I can't believe I payed money to play a piece of dropping.

FIX THE CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but L2P. ECM was never!!! over the top. Now with the new TAG it is easier then ever before, to mark people under ECM Cover.

#14 HammelHauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

View PostTigerchen, on 19 December 2012 - 03:37 AM, said:

Sorry but L2P. ECM was never!!! over the top. Now with the new TAG it is easier then ever before, to mark people under ECM Cover.

It still only works on slow targets a lagging mech with 140kmph you wont hit several seconds.
But i think a remove would just be stupid now because of the stalker. A open area now without ecm is a 1 hit from stalker with his mass of lrm.

#15 Noth

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

I do think ECM is over the top since it does more than it should. It is effectively an ECM and some sort of nullsig system/stealth armor for only a partial the weight and slot cost, thus it effectively counters a ton of stuff for a very light cost. However since I run typically direct fire builds I feel less of it's effect. It effectively actually limits thing more than it should.

All it needs is to counter the NARC, artemis, TAG, and not flat out deny lock (slow it of course, but not deny it and lower detection range [just not as far as it currently does], oh and increase the spread of locked missiles since they can't maintian as good of a lock). Remove the nullsig parts from it and it would be perfect.

I despise flat hard counters to things.

Edited by Noth, 19 December 2012 - 03:56 AM.

#16 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

So if ECM is all-powerful, why are people getting destroyed by LRMs again?

Because ECM isn't all-powerful, and the mechs that have it aren't popular enough to deal with the 'problem' of so many trial stalkers and new players that take homing missiles.

#17 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

There is no reason to play LRM until it gets its old Targetingmechanics back. LRM = Indirect Weapot for Longrange Support. I Rofl about they way they are now at use.

#18 AlexWildeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 549 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

View PostEleshod, on 19 December 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

I don't know about you guys but i'm having 0 issues putting LRM's down range against ECM. Just use a TAG, it's funny to watch the ECM mechs freak out when they start taking missile locks.

Also, other then the ECM atlas most of the ECM mechs are a cake walk to take down with average weapons, just shoot the scouts in the legs.

Honestly the ONLY thing ECM breaks is Radar and SSRM's there's work arounds otherwise. and since itcan only go on 4 mechs total you can easily learn how to deal with each. It's a modual in the game that changes up combat, it forces people to get out of their "Pew pew" call of duty tunnel vision and use some strat. "Hostile ECM raven pile it"

They won't stop whining until they get their easy mode back.

#19 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Really? ECM is no where near the I win button Streak launchers were and actually still are if you plan for it.

Step one buy a commando 2D,Raven 3L or Atlas AS7D-DC.
Step two fill all missile hardpoints with Streaks
Step three put in an ECM to counter and magicly your streaks will now work.
Step four win!

Until streak launchers are address for the utter cheese they are ECM is the only counter to Streak boats.Thankfully the most effective streak mech builds are limited to two or three launchers and ECM.

I fail to see how ECM is an I win button.

or did I miss a patch note that says enemy mechs that are under hostile ECM die instantly.

ECM does no damage to the enemy the ECM equiped mechs still need to shoot and hit.( recomend streak boating ECM mechs as they are the uber cheese right now)

Here is how you counter ECM without your own ECM or TAG.

Everyone shoot the closest enemy until it's gone ...repeat until you win.

FYI I just ended a night of playing 4 mans for kicks and XP grinding stalkers.we won every match we played.
Want to know what we used?

2 LRM boat stalkers and 2 ECM ravens with TAG.

#20 Noth

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

View PostLykaon, on 19 December 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

Really? ECM is no where near the I win button Streak launchers were and actually still are if you plan for it.

Step one buy a commando 2D,Raven 3L or Atlas AS7D-DC.
Step two fill all missile hardpoints with Streaks
Step three put in an ECM to counter and magicly your streaks will now work.
Step four win!

Until streak launchers are address for the utter cheese they are ECM is the only counter to Streak boats.Thankfully the most effective streak mech builds are limited to two or three launchers and ECM.

I fail to see how ECM is an I win button.

or did I miss a patch note that says enemy mechs that are under hostile ECM die instantly.

ECM does no damage to the enemy the ECM equiped mechs still need to shoot and hit.( recomend streak boating ECM mechs as they are the uber cheese right now)

Here is how you counter ECM without your own ECM or TAG.

Everyone shoot the closest enemy until it's gone ...repeat until you win.

FYI I just ended a night of playing 4 mans for kicks and XP grinding stalkers.we won every match we played.
Want to know what we used?

2 LRM boat stalkers and 2 ECM ravens with TAG.

Essentially what you are saying is ECM is not OP because ECM counters itself? Typically that is a bad sign. If your ultimate solution for something to to use the exact same thing the enemy is using, that is a bad sign as far as balance goes in gameplay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users