335 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

Long story short, I had a bunch of replies ready and was waiting on more comments from others on Monday. By the time I got them though, it was too late to post them. Then we realised that the majority of them were answered in the patch on Tuesday. So I'll include the ones that weren't, and add these. So ask away!

#2 Riven Cale

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Any chance of getting a parseable combat log at some point for tracking combat data like hit %, damage taken vs. damage done, etc?

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Any plans to improve the apparent "obsolete" or "redundant" Stalker variants (3F, 3H, 4N) as compared to the 5M and 5S with superior hardpoints?

#4 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

With regards to mech/game mechanics, on thoughts on this?
http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

#5 MustrumRidcully

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

I am not sure, I may have asked this in the last thread:

Q: Any plans on adding command/communication shortcuts for the chat system or the UI that allows us to call out a target or mark a target in the HUD, to "ping" a location or ask for aid, simlar to how previous Mechwarrior games had commands to communicate with lance mates?

#6 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

On a lighter note, when do we get Coffee Travel Mugs for our battemech's dashboard?

#7 Tolkien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Since it most certainly wasn't answered in the patch notes:

Question 1 is about ECM)

How was it considered balanced to introduce a 1.5 ton 2 slot piece of equipment that does all of the following:

i) Counters Artemis
ii) Counters BAP
iii) Counters TAG bonuses and the whole system inside of 180m
iv) Counters NARC - a system which weighs more and requires real skill and teamwork to use
v) Counters other ECMs
vi) Destroys LRM locks
vii) Destroys SSRM locks
viii) Ruins information sharing via minimap
ix) Scrambles HUD display of enemies
x) relegates AMS to the dustbin
xi) Requires no exploding ammo
xii) Generates no heat
xiii) Costs less than a much less useful module by a factor of 15...
xiv) Doesn't use up a weapon hardpoint

Going by tonnage and critical space the ECM should be about as useful as a small laser plus a regular heatsink.
Or a medium laser and a little armor,
Or an AMS and a ton of ammo
etc.

As it stands now, ECM is the single most useful item in the game in terms of how it affects the battlefield.

Here's a link to the existing unanswered question from 'ask the devs' 29: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1598770

edit: That question is over 200 likes at last count.

Edited by Tolkien, 30 December 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#8 tekka

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

will we the players get a christmas card from you devs all dressed in santa hats?

and are you devs going to spoil us with pressent uder our christmas trees?

and last one when is the next dev hunt as i need to repay paul a gift he gave me the other week

#9 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

I have several questions that I would not mind receiving answers to:

1) Has there been any thoughts by you guys to help boost FF, to make it an upgrade, instead of a next step upgrade to ES? Ferro-Fiberous Revisioned

2) Has there been any thoughts on making NARC different from TAG? Maybe make it provide a non-LoS lock for a good duration (60s?) but allow PPCs to knock them off with the up coming PPC EMP effects and ECM?

3) Are 8man (4 and 12 also, once we get those map sizes) groups EVER going to be allowed to choose other 8man groups to fight against so that matches can be set up in advance, therefore the community can get involved in orchestrating tournaments/matches? This is most likely the number one way to build and engage the community right here!

4) Another question about MM, I know I saw a post about the thoughts of balancing the matches by tonnage, but was mentioned that ELO was going to be brought in for balancing. Was this statement in agreement that tonnage + some skill rating (ELO or otherwise) going to be used in the future for creation of random teams joining into the random queue of games? Will this also lead to the need of a lobby of some type for pre-game orginization before the match begins?

5) Has there been any talks about revamping the Pilot Skill tree to make it more choice oriented than the current system? Maybe make the current Pilot Skill account specific that apply to all the mechs that the play uses (basically MechWarrior experience) and have each chassis/variant have a group of their own. Then only allow X amount of EXP to be used in your Pilot tree and Mech tree or reuse the current Module system by slotted the EXP skills bought into each Mech/MechWarrior?

6) Are the screens inside each cockpit going to be customizable in the future? (Options > Screen Setup > Screen 1 = Ammo, Screen 2 = Heatsinks, Screen 3 = Damage Indicators, Screen 4 = ..., ...)

7) With the community still making a push for true DHS and PGI saying that this creates an imbalance in the heat system, is there any compromise in mind to at least make each DHS the same across inside/outside the engine?

8) With almost two weeks under us with ECM, has there been any talks about balancing the numbers of ECM? While I think this goes hand in hand with question 1, balancing NARC, TAG, ect, ECM directly could use some tweaks in the numbers of what exactly it does.

9) Many threads have been brought up regarding how the current heat system works with Trial mechs. Paul mentioned a few weeks ago that trial mechs are optimized and work fine. But this is contridictory to what is seen in the game. This is mainly due to the high RoF of weapons. Has there been any talks about balancing weapons, heatsinks, and the heat system with Trial mechs in mind?

Thanks in advanced if any of my questions where picked among the several hundered going to be asked here.

Edited by Zyllos, 21 December 2012 - 07:20 AM.

#10 Warge

• 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

In Raven RVN-4X when you remove all weapons from right hand - the is empty box, from left - one "gun" always remains.

Q1: So... could it be, that in all mechs real equipped weapons shown correctly with different models for SL and LL, AC-2 and AC-10, PPC ect..? And if weapons not equipped - there be "empty" places.

Q2: HUD customization: size and places for it's different parts.

Q3: Agree with Zyllos about "Has there been any talks about revamping the Pilot Skill tree to make it more choice oriented than the current system? Maybe make the current Pilot Skill account specific that apply to all the mechs that the play uses (basically MechWarrior experience) and have each chassis/variant have a group of their own. Then only allow X amount of EXP to be used in your Pilot tree and Mech tree or reuse the current Module system by slotted the EXP skills bought into each Mech/MechWarrior?"

Edited by Warge, 20 December 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#11 iminbagdad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

1. Any chance you could release some info on the community? By that I mean percentages of players using x mech, this many of y weapon are being used. Stuff like that.

2. During close beta you said the base cap mechanic was a place holder. You guys still planning on changing how base caps work or are you happy with the current system?

3. Can you tell us about any upcoming modules?

4. Why don't you guys patch more often? We all know this is beta so I don't think anyone would be upset with having to patch more than once a week. If you fix something send it out, I think we have proven to be much better at catching stuff than the internal testers.

5. Any possibility on getting a toggle for the UAC/5 to switch between single shot and double tap?

6. All media on this game was pointing to 12 vs 12 battles. Then we get in and its only 8 on 8. When are we getting the bigger drops?

Thanks for your time

Edited by iminbagdad, 23 December 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#12 Raven IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hi,
ECM, in its current form, has been quite bothersome to me (even though I almost always play in a -3L with ECM).
Why not simply give ECM similar attributes like the ECM in MW4?
It was somewhat more balanced back then, and it did not limit people to only direct-fire weapons such as what we have here. Back then, pilots could use LRMs and SSRMs, but the SSRMs would be less likely to hit, and LRMs simply took longer to achieve a target lock (however, target lock could be countered/improved by using BAP, but BAP was only available to certain units).

I do understand that ECM is a rather complex subject in this game, but in its current form it seems a tad bit too unfair to those who don't have the ability to mount it, or do not want to use such mechs.

Edited by Raven IIC, 20 December 2012 - 01:59 PM.

#13 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Thumbs for the great development progress - I've been playing for 6 weeks now and it's amazing to see how fast things are progressing! :P And thanks for the cbills!

Will we be able to change our email and passwords in the future?

#14 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

With the current pace of things, you already have conecpets for the IS mechs we will see around summer. However, the Clan Invasion and all the beloved mechs should start arriving by March. What is the planned course of action should you not get those mechs out by the time?

I had an amazing question, but somehow it slipped away yesterday and now this... bollocks. :P

EDIT:

Can we get a word on the soundtrack? Are the tracks played during the hero medch introductions part of the actual MA:O soundtrack planned for later?

Edited by Adridos, 20 December 2012 - 11:04 PM.

#15 StringyQuark

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

How are our names going to appear in the credits for legendary founders? Will we have a choice how they appear? Real name? pilot name?

Edited by StringyQuark, 24 December 2012 - 04:30 AM.

#16 Padic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

When Ilya Muromets was released, we also got a little short story providing some lore on the mech and it's (former?) pilot, and I loved it!

Are Fang and Flame going to get some fluff? Or, I suppose, does it already exist and I just haven't stumbled across it yet?

#17 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

• What new modules are planned?
  • TAG right now feels very difficult to use as it requires a CONSTANT firing and constantly aiming at your target. Are there any plans to make the use of TAG easier, such as having it highlight the target for a longer period of time once you let off the target, or even having a toggle switch on for the TAG laser? Any other ideas?
  • Flamers being used as a method to blind players is QUITE annoying, any attention being brought to the Flamer?
  • LRM's fired at light mechs don't seem to hit them and hit the ground behind them when they're running at full speed (120 kph+), I'm not sure if this is a visual bug or this is a way of them avoiding being hit?
  • A very large concern within the community is that the current state of development seems to point toward a new mech release every 25-30 days. With that in mind, 20 Inner Sphere mechs would require another 8 months. Now, I'm not saying that Community Warfare or Clan Invasion can't be done in between, but are there any plans to have more than 1 mech released within that specific time cycle to get timelines back on track?
  • When are Jump Jets going to actually feel like I'm rocketing upwards, rather than getting a slow lift? (Yes, I have 5 jj's on my Jenner like I should).
  • Any plans for a better indicator for missile bay doors being open/closed?
  • Thermal vision is too good right now. Any plans to reduce it's range of visibility so you can't long shot across the map using thermal? I do this frequently myself, so I have nothing against it but find that using regular vision or night vision is often inferior.
  • Any plans for more severe weather effects, such as rainstorms? This could be pretty awesome for River City NIght during a torrential thunderstorm. Rain + Night + Lightning flashes lighting up parts of the city? AWESOME

#18 GreatBeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

What was the logic behind the Fang hero Dragon? Two arm ballistics is a pretty bad tradeoff for losing a laser slot and 18 dollars to have an inferior version of the 1C doesn't make it any better.

Flame is really cool though.

#19 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Q: Are you happy with the current balance of ECM?

Q: Are you happy with the current state of 8v8?

Q: Are you happy with the prevalence of ECM capable variants? (notwithstanding the stalker zerg)

Q: Can we get a scroll wheel for the Mech Lab chassis selector. Clicking arrows or dragging to get back to that damage variant at the end of my mechs is a pain. Or can you make the mechlab auto center the mech selector on the last mech we took into a match?

Q: Will Phase 3 again ruin the ability for predetermined 8v8 drops as used by the RHoD tournament?

Edited by 3rdworld, 20 December 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#20 Padic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostThontor, on 20 December 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

not sure if its anywhere on the website, but this was in the email:

There we are! Thanks Thontor.

(who really checks e-mail anymore?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users