#1 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Posted Image

"We are The Templars, a community of pilots whose unifying and overarching goal is to complete any task assigned decisively and without theatrics. Exuding confidence without cockiness, proficiency without posturing and excellence without ego, our actions on the battlefield speak with greater volume and frequency than do our words.

We value unit chemistry above hand-eye coordination. We have spent and continue to spend countless hours honing both our individual abilities and our group tactics. Ultimately, we get hired for one simple reason: We get the job done...

...and we have fun while doing it."

Our philosophy is that any group is only healthy when it is bringing in new blood, and here we are, looking for . . . well, you. We would love to bring you on board to join in the fun, make new friends and learn how to become team mates.

We're here to play the game, have fun and achieve the level of accomplishment that our group has enjoyed previously, boasting a 90% success rate at our pinnacle in TKZ. So, if you're the kind of person that thrives on gossiping about recent people parting the group or who calls who what, then we're not for you.

The Templars are a multi time zone community, with players from around the world. While our strongest presence currently resides in what is considered the North American time zones, we have leadership and pilots from many nations who call The Templars home and enjoy dropping at all hours of the day. We are an English speaking group, and while we have absolutely nothing against those who don't speak that language, you would be at an extreme disadvantage here without it since very few of us are blessed with a multilingual education.

If being a part of that type of group sounds interesting to you, please visit http://www.thetemplars.net and say hello, or come to our TS at: http://ts30.gamespeak.com:9377/. You'll find a great number of folks willing to help you out. You can find our YouTube channel here. You can find our Twitch channel here. Our Twitter handle is @thetemplarsmwo.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Banditman, 06 April 2016 - 01:52 PM.

#2 Dhaxx

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

it has been many years since i hopped into a mech...I have surely missed it. But since the decline of the mechwarrior game franchise I had kept myself busy playing this game and that...so 20 years of gaming and guess what, my best memories are still from wearing a Templar uniform all those years ago. Dropping into battle being outnumbered in every drop and still pulling out the victory, hearing the other pilots winge when they saw they drew a templar lance instead of our employers. The drive our members seemed to have at practicing and pulling togethor as an effective team blew me away. The discipline of the members to never engage in childish name calling or smack talk is still something i have yet to encounter in a game since then.

you may not recognize the callsign...as mine was taken before i could register..for those old timers still around, this is Achilles

#3 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

Thanks Ach . . . err Dhamone. That's gonna take some getting used to.

#4 Casr

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Good group of people. Already begun training and working on combat strategy / theory. Getting the job done right.

#5 Sir Roland

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

What attracted me to the Templars at first were two things: The open friendliness when I was recruited and the emphasis on acting maturely and honorably on the "field" and off. One of the things that always turned me off of MMO's, MMORPGS and even public chat rooms was the seemingly incessant name calling and badmouthing that went on. (To the point that I almost always turned off public chat on any MMO I participated in, and if I couldn't, I didn't play that game.) The immaturity was always on display, and it had nothing to do with age. But the Templars, from the first day I was invited to a chat channel and a "drop", were different. They were fun, funny and friendly and bantered with the best, but it never devolved to the level of immaturity I had seen in so many other online encounters. I felt welcomed and valued.

The very next thing I noticed was that DANG these people could fight! I had played Netmech95 for a while, and I had *never* seen players/pilots do what these folks could do in a mech. I learned so much on just that first "recruitment" drop that I was able to step my game up immediately to a level I didn't know I could achieve. I had flirted with the idea of joining another clan, and had done several drops with them. After my first Templar experience, I had the pleasure of reading the reactions of the other clan that I was considering when I "dropped" with them and blew them away just with the few skills, tips and tricks I learned from one mission with the Templars.

I was hooked, and I joined the T's the very next day.

And from the moment I put on the "uniform" (with the old school " /T\ ") I felt like I belonged to a special group. Respected, respectful, dedicated to skill, practice, support of new and existing players and just flat out fun to be around.... these are Templars.

Now, don't read the above wrong. This is *not* a group of carebears. They fight to win, and more often than not, a Templar win is a decisive and embarrassing (for the other side at least) victory. "Honor" does not mean "soft", and it takes a tough and determined person to achieve the standards that are the norm for Templars.

I stopped playing Netmech 95 over 15 years ago, but to give you an idea of how special a group this is, I am still friends with many of the old gang, even if only online, and we still talk and interact regularly. And MWO has pulled me out of retirement, not just because the game (and metagame) look amazing, but also because this is one of the finest groups of people, much less gamers I have ever had the pleasure to know.

Drop by our website. Read our recruitment page. See if we are a fit for you. You won't be sorry you did.

#6 Surly

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

If you guys put some animated gifs of random flame bursts and spinning skulls on your webpage it would look just like a website from the 1990s made in Frontpage by a thirteen year old.

By the way, that's not an insult. I actually think that thirteen year olds from the '90s reached a zenith in human artwork the likes of which will remain unparalleled for the remainder of our existence as a species.

#7 Rushlight

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'll never forget the day I passed my trials and was able to put on the Templar uniform. I have always been impressed with the comraderie of the group and am still good friends with many of the Ts from the TKZ days. A number of us played MW4 and EverQuest together.

This is a NO DRAMA group. We're here to play hard, have fun, and leaving smoking hunks of metal on our wake. This is a team game, and this is definitely a team worth playing for.

#8 Dhaxx

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

@Mr.White - what callsign did you go by on GC.. may have dropped with you a few times 8)

@Surly - hehe, yes still working on getting the old gang togethor..but rest assured there will be a website upgrade in the works :ph34r:

@bandit - I answer to "Hey You" as well 8)

Edited by Dhamone, 23 May 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#9 Breakneck

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFort Collins, CO

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

So I'm obviously new to the forums here, as this is my third post, but I've been lurking here for several months. Now that I realize the game is actually going to launch and there's a confirmed date, I figured I'd start browsing the Merc Recruitment section to see if there were any groups of people I might feel confident gaming with, as I've been out of organized clan play for about three years after I graduated college.

And what did I see? The old familiar /T\ of the templars, a sign I used to dread as a capper for the Kentucky Rogues in Tribes. Super glad to see you guys are here, as I remember a match or two with you guys during your tribes stint. I'm also a little partial to your symbol, because it mirrors that of the engineering, science and architecture fraternity I joined in College.

I wouldn't mind learning more about The Templars, as well as getting to know you guys better if you're interested. I'm looking for strategy minded, team-focused, fun-loving guild, since I can't seem to locate Big Daddy Rock and the rest of the guys I played Tribes with. I've played Counter Strike in a clan for several years, so I'm used to NR focused multiplayer games.

May your honor be your life.

#10 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

Hey! I remember that group! I definitely remember playing you guys a time or two in Tribes, that was on the Teamplay ladder wasn't it?

We'd love to have you around, for sure. What I remember of you guys from Tribes, your attitude fit quite well with ours.

You can get in touch with me here or on our forums at www.thetemplars.net.

Good to hear from old friends.

#11 Breakneck

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

View PostBanditman, on 24 May 2012 - 04:57 AM, said:

Hey! I remember that group! I definitely remember playing you guys a time or two in Tribes, that was on the Teamplay ladder wasn't it?

We'd love to have you around, for sure. What I remember of you guys from Tribes, your attitude fit quite well with ours.

You can get in touch with me here or on our forums at www.thetemplars.net.

Good to hear from old friends.

I returned your PM. Yeah, we did Teamplay and Team Warfare League as well as I think some other ladder I never remember the name of. I'd like to chat with some of the Templars who've been around a while if you guys have time in the next few days to hang out, maybe play some Tribes: Ascend, Diablo 3, or whatever you feel like. I never played MW4:M but I'm downloading it now to shake the rust off for MWO. Hit me up with a PM if you're interested.

#12 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

View PostDhamone, on 23 May 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

@Mr.White - what callsign did you go by on GC.. may have dropped with you a few times 8)

@Surly - hehe, yes still working on getting the old gang togethor..but rest assured there will be a website upgrade in the works :P

@bandit - I answer to "Hey You" as well 8)

I used the same name then I was in Blood Spirit if I remember right, and keep in mind I will freely admit I was a punk kid then and pretty immature =P I played Mech2 Mercs also with Comstar in an early ADL. Mech 3 I passed by, and mech4 I was mainly again with Comstar ADL, which prolly means alot since ADL4 never got off the ground. Looking back ADL was kinda like the Dikatana of mech leagues... but the main thing I liked is I liked the people I played with and that was all that mattered in the end.

Edited by MrWhite, 24 May 2012 - 08:40 AM.

#13 Dhaxx

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

cant say that the name rings a bell, i piloted for SJ prior to the templars, and then at some point we took over CCC when tkz was winding down.

#14 Breakneck

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

I'm going to pop on to play a little MW4 with Banditman and whoever else is on tonight. See you on the battlefield!

#15 Breakneck

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

Had a great time getting controls figured out and skirmishing with you guys tonight. Looking forward to doing it again soon.

#16 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

Enjoyed the drops last night, hope to see you again tonite!

#17 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

Good luck to you guys. Anything Templar related I find interesting myself.

The Templars are also a very good punk band out of NYC. Cheers!

#18 Dhaxx

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

hmmm never heard of the band may have to check it out 8)

#19 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

You'll listen to anything . . .

#20 Breakneck

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

Drops were great tonight gents. . . Personally, I've been listening to a lot of Distillers lately, if you like punk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users