Crescent Hawks Company- Kell Hounds

8 replies to this topic

#1 DarkLancer

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

since the other CHk group seems to have died off and the other guys are steering towards house Kurita, I'm gonna form a CHK group based as they were when they were an associate group of the Kell Hounds (which pretty much means a House Steiner/FedCom alliegance.)

With the Beta starting soon, I thought I'd see if there is any interest!

For my own resume,
-Have played Battletech/Mechwarrior since the late 1980s
-Have played pretty much every BT/Mechwarrior PC/Console game that has ever existed
-Reasonably extensive knowledge of the Battletech/Mechwarrior cannon, especially during the 3rd and 4th succession wars (and up to 3060 really), with knowledge of all mechtypes common of the periods and their capabilities (provided the game doesn't change them up much... always a possibility)
-Willing and ready to organize a team

Anyone else interested? Big things are gonna be happening soon with this game, the Crescent Hawks should be a part of it!

-DarkLancer (Jeremy)

#2 Jason Winters

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

Sign me up!

#3 mitsurugi

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:25 AM

I even played the crescent hawks PC game, and have played the TT game. I'm in. Was thinking bout just staying free and just fight till someone recruits me, but this could be fun as well.

#4 DarkLancer

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

welcome aboard, both of you :o

#5 ColonelKiel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Hi DarkLancer,

Just wanted to point out that PGI has made it quite clear that canon unit names will not be permitted in MWO. You don't get much more canon than Kell Hounds -Crescent Hawks.

We've all had to change our names to accommodate this ruling so you may want to put some thought into that as well.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

#6 mitsurugi

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

Ehhh then I'll revoke my admission bit. Illstay a lone wolf

#7 DarkLancer

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostColonelKiel, on 25 May 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

Hi DarkLancer,

Just wanted to point out that PGI has made it quite clear that canon unit names will not be permitted in MWO. You don't get much more canon than Kell Hounds -Crescent Hawks.

We've all had to change our names to accommodate this ruling so you may want to put some thought into that as well.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

That would be unfortunate....

having said that, over half the units I see on the merc registration page are cannon units from the storyline (Kell Hounds, Wolf Spiders, etc) It would seem to me that there are much larger units they should be dealing with besides just ourselves if this is the case.

#8 Sheogoraath

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostDarkLancer, on 30 May 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

That would be unfortunate....

having said that, over half the units I see on the merc registration page are cannon units from the storyline (Kell Hounds, Wolf Spiders, etc) It would seem to me that there are much larger units they should be dealing with besides just ourselves if this is the case.

unfortunately, every unit with a canon name is going to have to change, I know the Northwind Highlanders have already changed their name, as have the Black Widow Company. Heading off the trouble well ahead of time would probably be your best bet.

Best of luck to your unit, and hope to see you on the battlefield!

#9 Konrad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 769 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:23 PM

contact me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users