Aimbot

12 replies to this topic

#1 VVOODDOO

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

PLEASE DO ANITHING against this F.C.I.G CHEATERS

with AIMBOTS

Edited by VVOODDOO, 30 December 2012 - 08:33 AM.

#2 deadeye mcduck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationOutside the periphery

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

How about e-mailing this link to support, as posting on the forums is a no no.

#3 Rick Carter

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 38 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

I agree with Vodoo i would appreciate if the Devs can modify this game with a Shield against this hacking and modifying.. its very strange when a 65t Mech is falling down before he can shoot even one time..

#4 Ventrias

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 40 posts
  • LocationGermany, NRW

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

View PostRick Carter, on 30 December 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

I agree with Vodoo i would appreciate if the Devs can modify this game with a Shield against this hacking and modifying.. its very strange when a 65t Mech is falling down before he can shoot even one time..

I completly agree, just had a Match where i have seen an Atlas falling in a few seconds!!! -_- Myself was in the Trial Raven, and died after 2 Headshoots, and that in Full speed driving in Circles!! :) Nothing else was harmed, only my Head...

Well, thats stinking like Hell for Aimbot users... This Time it was not so much the unbalanced Matchmaking, our Side had Not a Single ECM, but the others had 3!

BTW. when you do something against the Aimbotters and other Cheaters, take in something that we can see Teamed Up People, like in World of Tanks, Thanks... :)

#5 PiemasterXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 556 posts
  • LocationThe deep-south, cookin' Moonshine.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

I am in a MASSIVE ROBOTIC WARMACHINE WITH TARGETING SYSTEMS. Everyone in this game pilots an Aimbot.

#6 WarGruf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales (DropShip)

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Hey there guys / Girls,
this has come up before and to be honest I dont think its Aim bots or hackers its just unfortunate you get clacked by a Dual AC20 or Guasspult... (Head armour 18 - Dual AC20 - 40 Damage = Dead)

Bang ====( 0_o (=)=====>>Splat.

I've never seen anything that I could say was a caused by a hack or bot and Ive been headshotted a few times myself and cored through in a few secconds. Direct concentrated fire turns most of us to molten scrap pretty fast.

When we get an improved matchmaker for new and veteran players this might not happen so often, but I think they are working on it as we speak.

#7 DeadlyNerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Aimbots can't do jack with firing delay and projectile speed. You can aim at the center mass all you want but as long as you don't lead with your crosshair you'll miss unless it's lasers you're sporting.

I'm more frustrated with possible wallhacks, where you make 2 left and 3 right turns, not necessarily in that order, while running from an atlas, yet he somehow manages to show up right in your face after that 5th turn. I usually just tell myself how probably someone saw me and I poped up on his radar as newbies rarely change targets, but it's usually happening when they're the only one there.

#8 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Aimbots are of cause technically possible but way less common than we may think, especially in such 'niche' games like MWO.

There are always people who can aim great and headshot you from distance.
For example i'm not great at aiming but even i'm being accused of cheating sometimes.
So i assume that there are lots of others who may look like they cheat, but simply do play well, some few even unbelievable good.

And there are always those luckshots. Such things happen, there does not need to be an aimbot involved when someone is oneshotted... ;)
And fighting aimbots is not that easy. The devs first have many other important things to adress. IMO as long as there are no (or only few) confirmed and proofed uses of aimbots it is not that important to address compared to other things.

I don't mind getting headshotted in one out of 100+ games. But when that happens in one out of 10 games, the world of cause looks different... :D

Edited by Daggett, 30 December 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#9 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Well I went down very fast to a commando and a raven. It's obvious they were using aimbots.

Oh no it was streaks my bad.

#10 Flusensieb

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Me and my mates observerd an catapult using pulse lasers on a raven today, each of the three shots hit left leg, right leg, left leg repeatly from range while the raven was running full speed traverse.

We are very disappointed regarding that.

I recommend an ingame reporting system like in world of tanks so you can take a look at thoses suspicous people.

Edited by Flusensieb, 17 February 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#11 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostFlusensieb, on 17 February 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Me and my mates observerd an catapult using pulse lasers on a raven today, each of the three shots hit left leg, right leg, left leg repeatly from range while the raven was running full speed traverse.

We are very disappointed regarding that.

I recommend an ingame reporting system like in world of tanks so you can take a look at thoses suspicous people.

Hmm, i don't see why this is odd.
Shooting the legs of light mechs is currently the best way to kill them so it is no wonder that the catapult aimed for the legs.
And while moving the legs are switching their position constantly. Mechs walk like humans: Left, right, left, right...
So for me it sounds totally normal that both legs are hit in a similar pattern.

Even when the raven moves directly away from the catapult, it is still very possible (and usual) to hit both legs when the pilot aims too nervous.

If the catapult player would have aimed better, he would have hit only one leg to destroy it faster.
So i would be happy if he sprays his shots over both legs. :D

And it is totally possible to repeatedly hit with each shot even from maximum range and with bad ping.
Good players are always able to compensate range and lag by leading the target appropriately.

But i support an ingame reporting system and i'm sure it will come eventually because it is a must-have for each online game.

This would also prevent teamkillers from creating similar looking 'double'-accounts of some existing players in order to destroy their reputation because 0 and O are looking the same in game's font.

Edited by Daggett, 17 February 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#12 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Well, i know that site and while i'm convinced that their other hacks would work i have some doubts that their Hacks for MWO will work as advertised. In contrast to other games in their portfolio like Day-Z there are no actual screenshots or videos showing the hacks e.g. on youtube. The build information in the existing screenshots look like they are pre-beta, so this is not very reliable.

Maphacks which reveal enemy positions should not be possible when the guys at PGI did their homework and built the server authentication right. The server should actually not send any data of mechs which are unknown to the player.
If it does than this is a bug which has to be fixed. But when fixed, maphacks are not possible anymore.
Same is true for weapons doing more damage than intended because such things are server authenticated and no hack can circumvent a well implemented server authentication.

What this cheat probably does properly is to provide some sort of aimbot. But aimbots are way less effective in games like MWO as they are in faster paced games like CoD.
First, the mech rotation is not instant like in normal shooters. An atlas torso twist is simply too slow to allow for 'snap-aiming'.
Furthermore it is not possible for a generic hack like their framework to detect the hitzones like the head.
This would require some serious work which will not be made for such a niche game.

So this aimbot will probably only aim at the center of the mech. Sure, there is the CT but in many cases you don't want to hit the CT. When facing a Hunchback 4P you want to aim for it's right torso, shooting a stalker at it's CT sprays the dmg too much and lights are more vulnerable when aiming for the legs.
So an aimbot which goes for the CT is not helping the cheater in any way. Each skilled player will easily be better than this aimbot.

And all this aiming must account lag and mech movement. And i don't think that a generic framework without massive adjustments can handle this.

I may be wrong, but this thing simply don't look that much of an advantage to me like they state and i never had a game where i thought that an aimbot or other hacks were involved.

What interests me is where you got the number of 12000 people already using the hack.
I can't see this number anywhere. The site itself has 106.000 registered people which are divided under all those games.
Most of them will probably cheat Cod, Battlefield and Day-Z but not a niche game like MWO.

In fact the MWO section has only about 4000 views. Thats the maximum number of guys using the cheat provided each of them pays the high price which is highly unrealistic. And there are also many guys with multiple visits.

Guys like you and me only look and never buy from there, so the actual number of players who ever paid for this crap will be only a fraction of those 4K. I don't think that more than 50 guys ever bought the cheat and my second guess is that most of them realized that this cheat is ******** with false advertising and they are already better when playing fair then when using a crappy aimbot. If not, they are probably really bad players and i have no problem with bad players who use cheats to get mediocre results.

So personally i have no fear from that cheat-framework..

Edited by Daggett, 17 February 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#13 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

I have to close this thread. According to the Code of Conduct, the forums can't be used to publicly discuss currently available cheats, direct peole to where they can find information on cheats, or name people who are cheating. Thanks for understanding.

Please see the Official Thread regarding cheats/griefers, etc. for more information on how to report them.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 17 February 2013 - 06:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users