#21 PANZERBUNNY

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

The juvenile, infantile, naive part of me wanted to believe that FINALLY someone with a half a slice of brain pan got hold of the reigns and something the ENTIRE Btech community has wanted for decades would become a reality....

I griped tight to those blissful naive times......

...and now we're here.

They should really have an LSD budget and keep these guys wired and coding for weeks on end.

Edited by PANZERBUNNY, 07 January 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#22 GrimlockONE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

I believe that we should get CW sometime here in the next 2 months, in whatever shape or form that it is in. Like all this content after open beta, it would still be a work in progress and be constantly updated and patched, like the game itself. We are, after all, still in "beta".

#23 Sayyid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 07 January 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

Right now community warfare consists of the forum.

Embrace it.

And all it will probably consist of, saddly.

#24 Bguk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostGrimlockONE, on 07 January 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

I believe that we should get CW sometime here in the next 2 months, in whatever shape or form that it is in. Like all this content after open beta, it would still be a work in progress and be constantly updated and patched, like the game itself. We are, after all, still in "beta".

Pretty optimistic I would think. Let's hope you're right. I personally would give it a few more months to see something, more in line with a May timeframe. We can only hope for the best.

#25 GrimlockONE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

View PostBguk, on 07 January 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

Pretty optimistic I would think. Let's hope you're right. I personally would give it a few more months to see something, more in line with a May timeframe. We can only hope for the best.

It has to be prior or during March. That is when the Clan Invasion begins and the whole point of the CW. Drop the Clan Mechs into game along side CW and a new breath of life is thrown into the lungs of this two pack a day game.

While I hope all things go as I believe they should, I have little doubt that CW could slip into late 2013, hopefully not, and that Clans will not be introduced at the proper time of the invasion. I would say the biggest detriment to the game would be Clans not getting in on March or even April, much of the player base would be alienated and have even more reasons to abandon ship.

#26 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 07 January 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

Any hackers around?

Lets start trying to trick each other into clicking on links, but actually feeding each other viruses!

Now that's community warfare until we get the real thing!

anti-virus programs are OPed. my viruses kept getting caught up in their AV-range and wouldn't make it to the other guy's harddrive! didn't they test anti-viruses before putting them in game?????? oh and in b4 the "lrn to hack" crowd chimes in!

#27 A Alistaja

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationHiding behind a crate

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 07 January 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

Right now community warfare consists of the forum.

Embrace it.

You just made my day. Seriously, this forum is a sort of metagame itself. I enjoy reading this forum almost more than playing the game nowadays.

Nothing further to add.

Please, carry on.

#28 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Rhesus Monkey Christ this thread...

CW details should get an update by the week of the 15th. Until then we may or may not hear anything. It is likely delayed until March based on my crystal ball. An update sooner would be great but if it is just that it is being rescheduled what is your hurry?

#29 Lanessar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostJetfire, on 07 January 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Rhesus Monkey Christ this thread...

CW details should get an update by the week of the 15th. Until then we may or may not hear anything. It is likely delayed until March based on my crystal ball. An update sooner would be great but if it is just that it is being rescheduled what is your hurry?

I highly doubt March. March is the timeline to finish fixing the net code issues.

#30 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Lets be honest, if they had anything even close to community warfare ready, they would be falling over themselves to tell us about all the cool upcoming features we have to look forward to as it would encourage players to spend $$.

Their silence pretty much says everything.

#31 Kirkland Langue

• Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

When I first joined the forums, and signed up for the Beta, I saw that Community Warfare was Dev Blog #1. I figured that meant it was the core gameplay that PGI was seeking to create. I thought for sure that everything else was going to support Community Warfare.

I was wrong.

They should have made Dev Blog #1 "Trinkets, Paintjobs, and other things to spend your MC on."

#32 FrupertApricot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 669 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Game will be dead before we see a shade of CW.

#33 Harmatia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 434 posts
  • LocationRed Deer, AB

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

At this point I'm going to guess Community Warfare is planned for deployment with the Clan invasion this August, the point at which MWO will officially go live. That or shortly after. I imagine between now and then all the content will be patched into place, including Clan mechs, for big fall launch. In that regard the "complete" game will have Inner Sphere forces fighting against Clan forces for control of territory. In other words, Community Warfare.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users